DanP

My First "Real" Jeep Build

That is a massive port! Kudos for braving the cold in the name of bass!

Thats alot of work going on here lol.

I always tape those terminal connectors up tho.

It just makes me feel unsafe how close they are

Awaiting my 2 15" D4 Bstock Obsidians

stereobill_zpse54a52b8.png

$60 Cheaper then non-bstock just hoping for the cosmetic issue to be on the side of the sub woofer you don't see, if not oh well.

Also found this amp in my basement trying to find out the specs online cant find anything on it though seems really old still works though.

Only thing as of now i know about it, is it's 6 channels.

IMG_20130103_024656_zpscad0fbeb.jpg

*Edit* Just noticed how small this amp looks compared to my cat, amps pretty long but my cat is a 18 pound fatty

IMG_20130103_024718_zps6431949c.jpg

18 pound fatty.....EPIC lol   FTW

Those OA look great. Do you like them?

I like your soldering station :)

Selling everything I have locally on craigslist, Not sure what I'm gonna replace it with yet though a lot of thoughts going through my head as far as that goes.

Those OA look great. Do you like them?

I like your soldering station smile.png

For the price I cant think of a single complaint with the OAs, Especially since I bought B-Stock so they were $150 shipped each

Those oa can take some serious power very nice sub for the money

Epic soldering station. Looks like you're developing your skills. 

Epic soldering station. Looks like you're developing your skills. 

Thanks,

Just ordered a 260 Amp alternator from Mike Singer, my alternator now is taking a beating and I can't see it lasting much longer

Hoping to order a Crescendo 2000D, And pick up a AGM Battery next week.  

Decided I wanted to try a new box out so,

Newbox_zps659539b6.jpg

It ended up being 6.9 ft³, and tuned to 28 Hz

Hopefully the weather isn't too bad this weekend and I can get started on this.

So I went to Home Depot today to pickup 2 sheets of MDF, and instead of strapping it to my roof and having to drive 15-20 MPH All the way home I had them make a few cuts.  I asked them to cut it at 40 inches, so I would have a 40 x 49" Piece and they cut it at 39 and 1/8"  I asked them to cut the rest of the sheet down the center so it would be roughly 24.5", ended up with a 26" piece and a 22" piece.  Needless to say I was extremely disappointed with Home Depot the only reason I went there is because Lowes was out of 3/4 MDF.  If I need something cut when purchasing from now on, I wont be going to home depot.

Forgot to mention the worst part of it is, the cuts weren't straight.  

I managed to salvage the wood and make most of my cuts though, plan on assembling the new box tomorrow.

Just got my alternator from Michael Singer today and installed it.

I've got to say my experience with him has been GREAT Super fast responses whenever I email him never any longer then a few hours, and a lot of times I get a response within minutes.  

Payment was made the 12th of March,  the alternator was shipped on April 2nd, received today the 4th.

IMG_20130404_143059_zps9c64dc63.jpg

IMG_20130404_143223_zps99318ee4.jpg

IMG_20130404_143241_zpsb488b419.jpg

IMG_20130404_143232_zpsc3d57198.jpg

Somehow a picture of my cat was uploaded to photo bucket as well, so might as well add it

IMG_20130403_124517_zpsb789774f.jpg

Good to hear, I'm definitely leaning toward Singer when I decide to go big.

IMG_20130405_134147_zps9a964245.jpg

270 Amp from Michael Singer installed with an 87" Serpentine belt (Stock size is 88.8")

IMG_20130405_134144_zps630f4f90.jpg

My old battery

IMG_20130406_195059_zps201d72fd.jpg

My new DieHard Platinum 34M

IMG_20130406_195119_zpse720f4d9.jpg

Surprisingly was smaller then my stock battery so I had to shove a small piece of MDF Under the battery tray boltdown?

IMG_20130405_134236_zps67576cfa.jpg

I am EXTREMELY Happy with Michael Singers services, His customer service is outstanding out of all the times I emailed him he always replied within a few hours.  His build time is also right on with his estimated lead time, as said overall I have absolutely no complaints about him and if I ever need an alternator in a different vehicle I definitely plan on using him.

Finally got some nice weather and got my Digital Voltage Meter in the mail today so I went ahead and installed it.  As I was installing it I noticed how much space I had behind this panel so I figured its the perfect place for my Subwoofer gain remote too.

IMG_20130409_145030_zpsd1d48c2b.jpg

IMG_20130409_144936_zps42d4dbfd.jpgIMG_20130409_144959_zpsa2cb521c.jpg

Overall I'm pretty happy with how clean everything looks.

Also received my Jasper 200J today, I'm expecting my Plunge Saw to come in the mail tomorrow, and hopefully my Router too if not on Thursday.  Then I can finally get started on my new box.

Looking really good man!

Everything's looking clean! Nice install!

Thanks guys.

Got my new saw today so I went ahead and put together my new box

IMG_20130410_203919_zps19c29958.jpg

All that's left is I have to cut out the 2nd sub woofer hole, got too late and I couldn't use power tools anymore.

Next time make the front 1.5" shorter. That way you can fit it between the top and bottom. It'll be flush with the port then. Other than that box looks great! Clean cuts.

Next time make the front 1.5" shorter. That way you can fit it between the top and bottom. It'll be flush with the port then. Other than that box looks great! Clean cuts.

Yeah but I only had 24" x 48" pieces of wood and in order to make a double baffle with the dimensions I wanted I would of needed a depth of 25" which was the only adjustable variable.

Also I only built this box to test out sub/port position front/front, back/back, and up/up I know most say Subs up and port back is loudest but I'd like to try it out for myself.

looks great

Looking really crisp man!!!!! What part of NY?

J

Yeah but I only had 24" x 48" pieces of wood and in order to make a double baffle with the dimensions I wanted I would of needed a depth of 25" which was the only adjustable variable.

Also I only built this box to test out sub/port position front/front, back/back, and up/up I know most say Subs up and port back is loudest but I'd like to try it out for myself.

Just givin you the heads up. I really wanted to try the OAs out but the coil config I wanted was on back order for a while. They look pretty good from what you showed us. Keep the pics and vids coming! :)

Looking really crisp man!!!!! What part of NY?

J

Upstate near Cuse

Just givin you the heads up. I really wanted to try the OAs out but the coil config I wanted was on back order for a while. They look pretty good from what you showed us. Keep the pics and vids coming! smile.png

For the $$ Theyre hard to beat

nice test box, looking good