DanP

My First "Real" Jeep Build

looking good..

I just put a electrical fan on my truck..

bought the kit and got 2 extra relays for each fan, because ive heard of horror stories of this kit burning up from too many amps.

Been working so far

nice box terminals! :P

looking good

nice box terminals! tongue.png

looking good

I stole the idea from you tongue.png, just wish I put them closer so I didnt have to make such big jumpers. 

move it i suppose

or make it thicker so on impact it doesn't leak.

Sounds like the same problem the old Fords had

Theres still a recall out on my Jeep for a problem within the airbag module system that could cause the airbags to randomly deploy.

Theres still a recall out on my Jeep for a problem within the airbag module system that could cause the airbags to randomly deploy.

LOL! Sorry that's terrible but fairly funny.

So yea bro got the new subs in, they sound amazing. Want a demo?

Hell yea bro, whatever happened with that recall?

Nothing man, it doesn't even matter. It's not like they're gonna *SLAM

BRO, you just took an airbag to the face!

LOL! Sorry that's terrible but fairly funny. So yea bro got the new subs in, they sound amazing. Want a demo?Hell yea bro, whatever happened with that recall?Nothing man, it doesn't even matter. It's not like they're gonna *SLAMBRO, you just took an airbag to the face!

Hopefully your the one getting the demo

I don't like using aftermarket electric fans for this reason.  They are not the most reliable and if a relay cooks, harness melts, etc you have zero cooling. Zero cooling means something is gonna fail.  Lucky for you it was just the radiator tank and not a head gasket.

I have an electric on the supra out of requirement.  I run an aftermarket radiator and intercooler, and can no longer use the stock mechanical fan.  But, I have 2 primary fans and a secondary pusher fan all on seperate systems just in case.  Nor is the supra a daily driver.

Lastly, unless you buy a high end electric fan setup, usually they don't move anywhere close to the amount of air a functioning mechanical fan will.

I would for sure check out your system and repair as necessary.  It isn't normal for stuff to just burn down and melt for no reason.

Well I started off the day with plans to try and fix my remote lock/unlock control for my Jeep until I pulled off the panel and saw this

IMG_20130605_120115_zpsc81399a9.jpg

What I found was odd though I didnt take a picture but there was a key wrapped in wire, then wrapped in electrical tape down there. Kinda confused why it was there but since the keys for Jeeps have chips and are expensive im not complaining.

I decided to save this project for another day and clean up the back

IMG_20130605_183722_zps72b3d9d3.jpg

IMG_20130605_183620_zps279f0146.jpg

IMG_20130605_183616_zps8a054571.jpg

IMG_20130605_183640_zpsf6c1dc62.jpg

I got my fan off of a ford contour, i read alot of mustang racers use them and have preety good results.

I have 3 relays as well, soooo yea lol.

Oh and yea my alarm setup looks like that lol.

Could just be one of the fuses or relays on the brain.

would have to look at the install diagram to see what wire goes to what and how its setup.

The key is probably for if you have remote start.

I got my fan off of a ford contour, i read alot of mustang racers use them and have preety good results.

would have to look at the install diagram to see what wire goes to what and how its setup.

Thats what I initially though because the keys for the Jeep have Chips and you need to bypass for remote start but nothing on the wire was exposed, and id imagine the wire would have to touch the metal? 

Regardless im ordering one of those alarms with an LCD on the remote that goes off when a doors open and shows which door, so Ill just save that project until I purchase that.

Also competed for my first time today came in Second in Rookie 2 of TNESPL With a score of 142.0, I've never been on a meter before and had no clue of my vehicle peak, I started at 34 and ended at 42, Im thinking if I burped at 44-45 I could gain a DB or Two.

Was also able to meet Mark LaFountain and gave him a little demo.

I started looking into this one and love all the features on it, then realized the company doesn't provide any installation instructions. In the manual it says "Due to the complexity of this system, installation of this product must only be performed by an authorized Directed dealer"

IMG_20130624_124237_zps7cde5e4e.jpg

Replaced my RCAs and got a buzzing, grounding the RCAs fixed it.

IMG_20130617_211141_zpsbf73d59b.jpg

Sold my Hifonics Zeus 2K so for the meantime im using a Rockford P5002

IMG_20130618_171547_zps700e9893.jpg

Plastic cover was pealing so I plastidipped it.

IMG_20130617_205043_zps5b586d8c.jpg

Got bored and have a shit ton of heatshrink laying around so decided to clean up my headunit install.

Currently I have my entire system for sale locally, hoping to move on to some 18" SSAs soon. 

Edited by DanP

Thats what I initially though because the keys for the Jeep have Chips and you need to bypass for remote start but nothing on the wire was exposed, and id imagine the wire would have to touch the metal? 

Regardless im ordering one of those alarms with an LCD on the remote that goes off when a doors open and shows which door, so Ill just save that project until I purchase that.

I actually had to do this last week at a shop i work at. I used the secondary key to make sure the chip was a ignition issue.

But in short the reason your prolly has that key behind the dash is because the chip in the original key failed. And alot of people will do that instead of changing the ignition cylinder. It can be done on chryslers chevys and any car with a chipped key. What happens is that your sort of bypassing your anti theft system, the wires should be going to the key cylinder and then when wrapped around the other key(and then some wires have to be cut and jumped), it will fool your car into thinking it has a the correct key in it. 

This doesnt however make your car easier to steal. from what i understand you should still have to have the chip in the original key to make the complete circuit to start the car.

I actually had to do this last week at a shop i work at. I used the secondary key to make sure the chip was a ignition issue.

But in short the reason your probably has that key behind the dash is because the chip in the original key failed. And alot of people will do that instead of changing the ignition cylinder. It can be done on chryslers chevys and any car with a chipped key. What happens is that your sort of bypassing your anti theft system, the wires should be going to the key cylinder and then when wrapped around the other key(and then some wires have to be cut and jumped), it will fool your car into thinking it has a the correct key in it. 

This doesnt however make your car easier to steal. from what i understand you should still have to have the chip in the original key to make the complete circuit to start the car.

Before I removed the key my Jeep would only start with the chipped key, and it would stall out with an unchipped key, and since I removed that key its the same way so im unsure of the actual reasoning.

wierd. thats the only reason i could think for a key to be there. maybe the original owner had some idea for something. 

Welp my box has a new owner meeting up with him on Friday, and I'm still trying to find a buyer for the OAs.

Once this box is gone im gonna try my luck with fiberglass and see if I can't make myself a stealth box and work towards more of a SQ System.

Ive had my fun with my 15s but since this Jeep is my daily driver they just aren't convenient especially when I need to use my cargo area. Maybe once im done with college and have a sufficient income I'll have a go at building a "spl" machine.