Sign in to follow this  
Quentin Jarrell

Trident 12'' sub (an on going design thread)

The Magnetar will bolt up to a 12 spoke basket and only has about 40mm of xmax so it'll work decently with oem parts.

Maybe it will help us all if you just list all/most of your products with a pricing and super duper eta.

Update sir?

Still an on going project. Some MMAG subs that will work with the limited spider landing on the 12 spoke baskets are being machined right now.

Any designs or pics of said subs???  This is interesting...

I like your design goals: high xmax, low fs and small enclosure. You really nailed it when you referred to old school subwoofer design (higher fs using cabin gain) and your approach to the evolved car audio scene. Your line-up should sell very well as long as you ha ve no customer service build house issues.

I am eagerly looking forward to seeing/reading more!

P.S. I also really appreciate you sharing technical details about design parameters. I have 100% more respect for you and other (Sundown) like minded companies than those that go to an build house to design their product for them.

don't let skar chime in and steal your ideas....

All my shit is patented.

you should patent the patents so from now on, everyone must pay you a royalty to get a patent.

you should patent the patents so from now on, everyone must pay you a royalty to get a patent.

US gov has that on lock. Sorry bastards. Pay them 5 grand just so someone can't steal ur shit. Kinda bassackwards.

hit me up!!! i wana be the first on to try one of these... sounds like exactally what im looking for. a big ass sub that gets low and loves a smallish box :) pleaseee

hit me up!!! i wana be the first on to try one of these... sounds like exactally what im looking for. a big ass sub that gets low and loves a smallish box :) pleaseee

You better start saving ur pennies.

Yea, haha, you ain't gonna find one of these for $300.

Any pictures? When will they be available and an est. Price?

nope, it's on the far back burner.  Not many people will want a 150 pound sub besides it will literally be impossible to ship via ground due to the weight.  Guestimate on price would be in the $1,200 range judge by what my other stuff costs to manufacture.  The only way to save weight to make it shipable will be to make it out of neo.  At the moment neo it expensive however I have access to patented technologies that are very low reluctance that would minimize the amount of neo used.  Right now I have to focus on what people will actually pay for.  

The magnetar is no slouch either though and samples of it are due in with the production of the Ethos.  It has a motor force factor of ~350 with daily coil and ~3,200 with the SPL coil and offers 45mm xmax one way with the daily coil.  Beta versions of it with 12 spoked baskets will run in the $500 range.