FoRgIvEn

4th order bandpass ???

Since you asked I'll tell you where it fits in for me.Secondly the area I want to build in limits my enclosure space so up is the only way to go.

You have limited space so you are building a bigger enclosure?

Ive heard 4th order bp is better for the lows than a normal ported box..

Anyone know why twistedchild is running a 4th order and not a normal flat wall?

Becus he's a moron and his builds are not for music listening..tho he raves about "sq".

thanks for explaining the different points of view to me rather than flaming.at first glance it just seemed that there was a lot or raving and no real answers. and truss i would rather put a good ported box in my trunk, but the way my car is made it just doesn't get enough sound in the cabin. if i could find a good fabricator that would move my gas tank to the bottom of the car all my prayers to the audio gods would be answered!!! but i second the emotion that putting a bandpass in anything other than an application like mine seems like a waste. the one thing that unnerves me about the bandpass is that it's only good for a certain frequency range, anything above and below the range will suckit hard!

yeah as far as designing it backwards the "reputable " shop i went to did that about a year ago. because i told them the problem i was having getting my sound into the cabin. and i have completely destroyed my rear deck in this effort. i had always hated bandpass boxes but they promised good output and they were "professionals". i didnt realize until after blowing one of my ssd's and going all over the net trying to find info that i found that the ported and sealed dimensions were reverse what they should have been.

Edited by benz280se

Since you asked I'll tell you where it fits in for me.Secondly the area I want to build in limits my enclosure space so up is the only way to go.

You have limited space so you are building a bigger enclosure?

Limited in a sense. Perhaps I should have been more specific.

It is more of a square foot limitation and not cubic foot. I have over 110 cf3 to the front seats but I choose not to lose the back seats. I can build a bigger enclosure in the cargo area but to keep it below the window line limits me to 22" height to keep Meca street legal. If I keep to those limitations the net volume would be smaller than I want. Add to the fact it wouldn't solve the problem of the sliding windows. I can run modified and do a wall. If I build up using the full cubic volume of the cargo space I have roughly 40 cf3 gross. Using the current enclosure and making a pseudo wall sealed off I did not like the sound. Next option is the bandpass wall. Maybe it will be what I'm looking for. I see it as an option to try, not just because the cool kids are doing it.

I was. Super proud I didn't shit my pants. I was sure it was going to happen.a15.jpgk3.jpg