Sign in to follow this  
MedicalUse

Ascendant Mayhem 12"

Yes it's for safety reasons. Rather have a 5 dollar fuse pop than thousands of dollars worth of car audio burn up lol

Is XS power 0 gauge good? found a 50 foot spool of power/ground for 140$ on sonic electronics, would that be enough for all my wiring or is there better wiring you would suggest?

Your probably going to want the xs wire not xp since your running a lot of amps. I run knukonceptz wire. I like their price and wire is really good quality imo.

I'm not sure how much wiring your going to need. Better measure out how much you need and add a few feet to be on safe side. It'll add up fast lol

Should i get the clear power/ground awg so i can permanent marker it so i know what i cut is + or - lolol?

Your probably going to want the xs wire not xp since your running a lot of amps. I run knukonceptz wire. I like their price and wire is really good quality imo.

I'm not sure how much wiring your going to need. Better measure out how much you need and add a few feet to be on safe side. It'll add up fast lol

I'm on knukonceptz 0 awg, with the 22ft of power i already have that i will use for alt to batt, then for rest of wiring, think it will be safe to buy extra 20ft of both power and ground for rest of the wiring?

You don't have to get different color. You can jus wrap an end with electrical tape to remind yourself thats it's the neg side.

I have no idea if that will be enough. Take your 22 ft and pretend to do the different runs and measure with a tape measure the amount you ran. Do that with all runs and you will have an idea of how much you need. Always buy a few feet extra to be on the safe side.

why run so much power on a sub that wont be able to handle it? your not likely to notice the extra output.

lol I've seen a 12k to one mayhem. I can't imagine what this sub couldn't handle.

It won't handle it daily. And it was probably a burp. Also just because its on a 12k doesn't mean it's getting 12k rms.

It won't handle it daily. And it was probably a burp. Also just because its on a 12k doesn't mean it's getting 12k rms.

Doesn't matter if it's a burp or not. It still takes it like a champ. But I've put a 12k to a pair of mayhems daily for over a year. never had any problems with it. with no clipping and a good box, the mayhem is a tank.

I have a 3k to a pair of mayhems at the moment and I consider that childs play for mayhems.

Edited by SkittlesRgood

God I want a 3500 for mine.

Doesn't matter if it's a burp or not. It still takes it like a champ. But I've put a 12k to a pair of mayhems daily for over a year. never had any problems with it. with no clipping and a good box, the mayhem is a tank.

I have a 3k to a pair of mayhems at the moment and I consider that childs play for mayhems.

12k rms?

12k rms?

Do I seam like a guy that quotes peak power? lol

12k rms?

Just saying if you put 12k rms to those speakers for a long period you would need two recones.

12k rms?
Just saying if you put 12k rms to those speakers for a long period you would need two recones.
I did put that much power to them and they are still in my car and never had a recone. I was doing 151.7 off the two 12"s in an SUV. and the 12k was wired to .7 Edited by SkittlesRgood

Sign in to follow this