Sign in to follow this  
MedicalUse

Ascendant Mayhem 12"

Hey, my name is Joe, I was wondering if the Mayhem 12" can handle 2 AQ2200D's, and that my electrical can keep up? Electrical so far is, KinetikKHC 3800, and a Kinetik 1800. All Kicker 0 Gauge. No Big three since battery is stock in the back and that confuses me a little, and stock alt. I also popped the hood and there is no room for battery since I have the saturn ion 3 coupe supercharged and thats my guess as to why it came in the trunk.

Big 3 still needs to be done though.

So if i did the big three with what i have like the 2 kinetik batteries and stock alt, would my electrical keep up for 2 AQ 2200's and would a mayhem take that 4400watts rms?

You might be able to play for a few mins, but you wouldn't be able to play for long, because of stock alt.

I'm not sure how underrated the mayhem is, but I'm sure it could take what you would be able to give it. I doubt you will get full rms out of amps due to electrical.

Running that much power to a single sub take experience and knowledge. Do you have that?

Is this for daily?

You might be able to play for a few mins, but you wouldn't be able to play for long, because of stock alt.

I'm not sure how underrated the mayhem is, but I'm sure it could take what you would be able to give it. I doubt you will get full rms out of amps due to electrical.

Running that much power to a single sub take experience and knowledge. Do you have that?

Is this for daily?

yes for daily, I understand playing 4400 watts on a rated 2500rms sub will only be full tilt for like a single song then wait a little bit to play another I just wanna go hammer town for few minute intervals, I'm running stock battery right now no big 3. But I do have 2 kinetiks and will do big three and order the 270 amp ho alt when I do the 2nd amp. Dc engineering for Saturn ion 2.2L supercharged

why run so much power on a sub that wont be able to handle it? your not likely to notice the extra output.

DC power has a very good rep for alts. If your on a budget, Tenney alt and Singer alt are solid choices also. I don't want to tell you the mayhem will take it and it'll be fine. From what I heard, it's a awesome sub that will take a shit ton of power. I'm sure somebody will see this and put their input in about the sub on 4400 rms.

I do think a smaller box would be something to think about since your running way more than rated power.

DC power has a very good rep for alts. If your on a budget, Tenney alt and Singer alt are solid choices also. I don't want to tell you the mayhem will take it and it'll be fine. From what I heard, it's a awesome sub that will take a shit ton of power. I'm sure somebody will see this and put their input in about the sub on 4400 rms.

I do think a smaller box would be something to think about since your running way more than rated power.

Dude tenney alt has a 220amp alt for $370 with powdercoat and aluminum overdrive pully, and the one on dc engineering for my car is a 270 amp alt for 680$! what one would you go with?

I would go with Tenney, because I wouldn't have enough money to go wiith DC. Did you check out Singer too? His prices are always good, he also has great customer service. I had a 275a alt from Mike Singer. Thang was a beast!

I only go with tenney because of price difference..

I would go with Tenney, because I wouldn't have enough money to go wiith DC. Did you check out Singer too? His prices are always good, he also has great customer service. I had a 275a alt from Mike Singer. Thang was a beast!

Yeah I sent a inqury of my car and stuff to singer, waiting for a responce, I'm glad you told me about tenney, nice price, thank you. So you think tenney 220A HO would do well powering to kinetik aand 2 mayhems and 2 AQ lol? :) If so thanks for the help!!!!

And oh yeah my stock battery is in the trunk? How the hell would i do a big 3 like that lol :S. I cant put a battery up front this saturn is too souped up under the hood for that, rolling at 340 horsepower. Very confused i am

CES is going on in vegas right now and Mike Singer is probably there so he might not get back to you until Monday. Just a heads up. I think that would be a great start. Try it and find out. Nobody can really tell you if it would be suffice. I say get an alt and then add the batteries you have now and try it out.

Also check out Diehard Platinums 31m's. They're sear's batt and suppose to be some great batts. I just picked up 1 last week.

Big 3:

1. Alt pos to batt pos.

2. Batt neg to chassis.

3. Engine block to chassis.

I suggest knukonceptz. They have great quality wire and priced fair. I run all knukonceptz wire.

Edited by Bassink

Big 3:

1. Alt pos to batt pos.

2. Batt neg to chassis.

I suggest knukonceptz. They have great quality wire and priced fair. I run all knukonceptz wire.

Big 3:

1. Alt pos to batt pos.

2. Batt neg to chassis.

Well right now i have 22Ft of kicker 0 awg positive on my stock battery in trunk to amp lol, yes 22 ft for only 3 feet to amp all that wire to use yet, so i could use that termial on that alt to go to back trunk battery postive and use the extra to use to amp positive? and take off the stock battery ground and use 0 awg for batt ground? and my saturn has a body kit so im going to have to lift it up to use engine block to gound on car lol

Haha to the 22 ft. So have a run from alt to the second batt and then runs of 0 ga from that batt to the other batts and to the amps. You are going to need more than 22 ft, because you have 2 amps, 2 batts, and big 3 to do.

Leave all stock wiring. The amps will take the least resistant way, which is the 0 ga.

I'm sure you can get to a bolt on the engine block. I know that on every car i've done the big 3 on. I was able to get to the engine block from the top.

Haha to the 22 ft. So have a run from alt to the second batt and then runs of 0 ga from that batt to the other batts and to the amps. You are going to need more than 22 ft, because you have 2 amps, 2 batts, and big 3 to do.

Leave all stock wiring. The amps will take the least resistant way, which is the 0 ga.

I'm sure you can get to a bolt on the engine block. I know that on every car i've done the big 3 on. I was able to get to the engine block from the top.

For doing 2 batts, you run the positive on first bat to positive on 2nd batt, negative from first batt to neg on 2nd batt, and use the alt + to 2nd batt +, and have both batts -gounded to the car? Then use 2 positive 0 awg on 2nd battery to both positive on amp then ground both amps to cassis in both different locations sanded down? is that right? Edited by MedicalUse

Hold on, I'm confused on what and how many batts ur running. What and how many batts? then I can answer your question.

Hold on, I'm confused on what and how many batts ur running. What and how many batts? then I can answer your question.

Two batteries, both in the trunk

No stock batt?

Two batteries, both in the trunk

And micheal singer responded to me, he said he can make me a 275a alt with lifetime warrenty for $489

No stock batt?

Stock battery I AM A toss, its a pile, stock battery will be my kinetik 3800 and secondary kinetik 2400

Yea price depends on the car too. Lifetime warranty is nice, but how long you gonna have it lol I had mine for 5 months and trying to sell it now. I'd probably do the singer alt since it's 50 amps more.

So for your wiring.

1. Alt pos to 2400 pos.

2. 2400 pos to 3800 pos.

3. 2400 neg to 3800 neg.

4. 2400 pos to amps pos.

5. 2400 neg to chassis

6. amps neg to chassis or 2400 (add another run from 2400 to ground if you do put amps neg to 2400)

This is how I would do it.

2400 to replace stock batt and 3800 for second batt

Edited by Bassink

So for your wiring.

1. Alt pos to 2400 pos.

2. 2400 pos to 3800 pos.

3. 2400 neg to 3800 neg.

4. 2400 pos to amps pos.

5. 2400 neg to chassis

6. amps neg to chassis or 2400 (add another run from 2400 to ground if you do put amps neg to 2400)

This is how I would do it.

2400 to replace stock batt and 3800 for second batt

So if i run 2 runs from 2400 of 0awg to both + on amp do i have both runs have a fuse? so 2 kicker 300ANL fuses on both, since i already have 1 more of these fuses

Yes it's for safety reasons. Rather have a 5 dollar fuse pop than thousands of dollars worth of car audio burn up lol

Sign in to follow this