10rogerd

Enclosure design questions for 2 Sundown SA12s in 4.05ft>3 @ 30htz

Hello all, I'm new to this forum, but not to car audio. I am however new to the Sundown woofers. I'm hoping you all can lend some help and thank you in advance on my enclosure design. What I have is an 05 Acura TL I'm doin a pair of Sundown SA12s in the trunk. Subs to be fired foward and a 6in Aero either out the back or side. I have tried several enclosures with foward fired subs & port, but the car just did not really like it. Last setup was a single CV Stroker12, power was supplied by an O.S. USamps VLX400 1ohm mono. I had good results with two 4in PVC ports fired back, Sub obviously foward. Then tried a 6in Aero out the drivers side of box. The Aero was slightly better. Anyway, my questions are... I have roughly 31in wide/26in deep and 13.5in tall to work with. I have an enclosure drawn up already with a net volume of 4.05 ft>3 and Torres is telling me with the 6in Aero @ 17in long this will yield me a tune of 29.64htz. Does this sound rite? I do want it to play very low!! I Only play music. Rap/Hip Hop/R&B/Funk/lil bit of rock/metal. My other concern is how will these subs like this size enclosure with the brutal power of the VLX? Amp is "rated" @ 2400 wrms @12.5v. Charging system is decent with a total of 4 large batteries and a 50farad Stinger Cap. All power/ground wire is 1/0 Monster Cable. Voltage playing it hard stays in the mid to high 13 volt range. Any input on if this will work fine would be great! Thanks again everyone.

Sounds good to me, if you dont want it to play all hat low I would tune a bit higher. My next set up is two SA-12s in about 3-3.5 cubic feet tuned about 33hz. I also listen to rap and 33 is low enough for me

Thanks, I'm shooting more toward 34Hz area anyway. Brandon @ sundown wants me to have 30in<2 per sub for port area! That would just make my box huge. I am going to give this a shot and see what happens. I see them on youtube with a single aero. Its worth a shot.