Quentin Jarrell

Ethos 12 and 15 pre order

Any idea how much the 12 will weigh?

about 65 pounds

Jesus, that's more than my zcon and evil

Any idea how much the 12 will weigh?

about 65 pounds

Jesus, that's more than my zcon and evil

It takes a good bit of motor force to move 350 gram 12 inch piston assembly 33mm one way in a 1.25 (yes 1.25 cubic foot) down to 27 hertz with a flat response curve.

Will these be sold through the SSA store?  

Will these be sold through the SSA store?  

no they will direct sales only.  I'm trying my damnedest to keep the 12" at $290 plus shipping

Damn, good price point and very good stats.

After 6 weeks behind schedule finally got my last 60 coils from Precision. Now maybe in a couple of weeks the Chinese will hold up their end.

Order shipped a few weeks ago. I should have them in my hands on the 19th

The factory sent some really crappy pics that are below. The bottom one is the Magnetar. (Big 270 MMAG). I am being told that one was air freighted to me if so ill have pics with it coned to a15. As soon as I'm happy with T/S parameters ( I have the ability to measure at my shop) then they will go to Patrick to go on the Klippel where T/S parameters will be verified. Then the drivers will be loaded into their recommended enclosures and put through a 24 hour test to verify power handling.

image_zps5193b7fc.jpg

Edited by Quentin Jarrell

image_zpsdbeb8cbb.jpg

Holy destructosaraus Rex. I assume this isn't magnetized yet since it isn't throwing off the earths axis quite yet, and the fact thta the screw can actually be that close lol

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Over, requesting permission to load via engine stand. LOL

image_zpsdbeb8cbb.jpg

Holy destructosaraus Rex. I assume this isn't magnetized yet since it isn't throwing off the earths axis quite yet, and the fact thta the screw can actually be that close lol

No. They don't have a magnetizer strong enough to fully saturate them so they are done here in the US. It's hard to tell due to the horrible pic. But the very top plate on that motor is ~7.5" OD and 1 inch thick.

The wider part is the bottom top plate and is 11 inches OD.

image_zpsdbeb8cbb.jpg

No. They don't have a magnetizer strong enough to fully saturate them so they are done here in the US. It's hard to tell due to the horrible pic. But the very top plate on that motor is ~7.5" OD and 1 inch thick.

The wider part is the bottom top plate and is 11 inches OD.

Hell yah, time to bass race 119.9 :D

Very nice motors, looking foward to your testing results.

I am sitting on a design for my vehicle and need to know a few things-

What is the estimated deadline for the preorder pricing?

If i plan on purchasing 8-10 of them, will i be guaranteed stock?

Since this is your first time around the speaker scene, what can you tell me should i expect ABUSE-WISE out of these?

I have played with a few brands and none have failed me thermally(carefully monitored) and mechanically, most drivers i've used resist bottoming out.

Am\are I\we to assume these Ethos drivers are going to handle plenty of abuse when used for competition?

I just don't want to drop a lot of money on something that is super-new and then a month later needs a couple recones.

Note- i have never needed a recone on any sub(s) i was using in competition so i don't go through subs like that.

The preorder is null and void. Those that have purchased have been reimbursed due to the much longer than expected lead time.

The price is being re-evaluated. I can say that the 12 will not be over $350 with shipping. Keep in mind the motor in these weigh 50 pounds.

I can only gaurantee stock under certain circumstances.

Power wise I don't know how other companies come up with their ratings. The Ethos as well as any other transducer that I manufacture will be loaded into a recommended enclosure (the ethos 12 being 1.5 feet tuned to 32 hertz and the 15 being 3 feet tuned to 32 hertz) and subdued to a Klippel power verification test. The test involves the driver in the enclosure subjected to a 24 hour run on a amp capible of 5,000 watts rms. during this time the analyzer moniters things like coil temp, excursion, impedance, internal box temp, distortion. The analyzer automaticity adjusts gain when the driver reaches limits like a specific xmax, coil temp ect.

Once this test is complete then I will have a comfortable publish rms rating.

Edited by Quentin Jarrell

I am sitting on a design for my vehicle and need to know a few things-

What is the estimated deadline for the preorder pricing?

If i plan on purchasing 8-10 of them, will i be guaranteed stock?

Since this is your first time around the speaker scene, what can you tell me should i expect ABUSE-WISE out of these?

I have played with a few brands and none have failed me thermally(carefully monitored) and mechanically, most drivers i've used resist bottoming out.

Am\are I\we to assume these Ethos drivers are going to handle plenty of abuse when used for competition?

I just don't want to drop a lot of money on something that is super-new and then a month later needs a couple recones.

Note- i have never needed a recone on any sub(s) i was using in competition so i don't go through subs like that.

x's 2

Also. This motor have more mechanical clearance then the baskets. So you will bottom the spider (~45mm) before the coil will. And the surround will reach its limits before the coil can jump the gap.

The preorder is null and void. Those that have purchased have been reimbursed due to the much longer than expected lead time.

The price is being re-evaluated. I can say that the 12 will not be over $350 with shipping. Keep in mind the motor in these weigh 50 pounds.

I can only gaurantee stock under certain circumstances.

Power wise I don't know how other companies come up with their ratings. The Ethos as well as any other transducer that I manufacture will be loaded into a recommended enclosure (the ethos 12 being 1.5 feet tuned to 32 hertz and the 15 being 3 feet tuned to 32 hertz) and subdued to a Klippel power verification test. The test involves the driver in the enclosure subjected to a 24 hour run on a amp capible of 5,000 watts rms. during this time the analyzer moniters things like coil temp, excursion, impedance, internal box temp, distortion. The analyzer automaticity adjusts gain when the driver reaches limits like a specific xmax, coil temp ect.

Once this test is complete then I will have a comfortable publish rms rating.

Thanks. 

About the weight, i am comfortable with up to 600lbs of driver for 8 subs, or 500lbs for 10 subs.

I planned on running a 5500d PER TWO so thermally, i doubt i'll have an issue.

I planned on running on the small side, 3cuft per as i do not like peaking too high in the lower end of the frequency range.

You say. 3 feet I assume you mean the 15's.

Three cubic feet is not on the small side. These subs are specifically designed for small enclosures. The 15 is designed for 3 cubic feet tuned to 32 hertz. This is optimum for a flat response. It can down to about 2 feet ported and up to about 4 feet. Over 4 feet tuned to 32 the gain gets over 3db. The 15 in 3 feet tuned to 36 hertz has about a 3db gain from around 50-30 hertz.

sorry, yea, i have been studying 15s all night and forgot to say it, lol.

I'm assuming you do not know the overall weight of these drivers until you get them in do you?

~65 pounds but won't know until I set them on a scale.

That weight is still fine.  I can drop to 8 15s which is still ridiculous.

And no bandpass for me.. just a wall of ridiculousness.