Quentin Jarrell

Ethos 12 and 15 pre order

All parts for the Ethos have been ordered and I'm expecting them to be in around 3 months. ETA will depend on if all of the parts leave China before Chinese New Year. So to be on the safe side I expect them to be in Mid to late March. For this order only 12 inch and 15 inch drivers will be available. Terms of presale are as follows.

-prices are shipped to the lower 48

12 driver dual one and dual two $300

15 driver dual one and dual two $310

-preorder sales are refundable. I have already paid for the parts and they have been ordered. This presale is to only gauge interest not to use your money to purchase the parts. Any returns will be subject to a $25 refund fee to cover charges I will have incurred on the purchase.

-Items purchased will only be shipped to the verified address attached to the paypal account in which the purchased was placed.

-presale pricing will be available until I receive shipment at my door.

-if interested send me an email to audibelcustoms@yahoo.com or PM me, and I will send a paypay invoice to your paypal account. If you do not recieve an invoice within 24 hours recontact me.

The following are the expected final T/S parameters based on FEA modeling and Klippel testing that was done on the prior sample. The may change slightly but not enough to drastically change driver enclosure response.

12 inch driver (dual one)

re 1.4 (series)

Fs 33.2 Hz

Mms 430 grams

Mmd 423 grams

Cms 53.61 uM/N

BL 15.52

motor force factor 172

Qms 7.4

Qes .521

Qts .487

Vas 18.15 liters

sd .0491 m^2

xmax 32mm

Le 1.83 Mh

spl 82.88 @ 1w

mounting cut out 11.125"

sub OD 12.5"

mounting depth 8.5"

1,700 watts rms

15 inch driver (dual one)

Re 1.4 (series)

Fs 28.5 Hz

Mms 490 grams

Mmd 478 grams

Cms 53.06 uM/N

BL 15.52

motor force factor 172

Qms 7.4

Qes .493

Qts .463

Vas 57.71 Liters

sd .0804 m^2

xmax 32mm

Le 1.83 mh

spl 86.08 @ 1watt

mounting cutout 14.125 inches

driver OD 15.625 inches

mounting depth 9.5 inches

1,700 watts rms

BELOW ARE A COUPLE RECOMMENDED ENCLOSURES however as always you can change the alignment will work for your application.

12 inch DRIVER

BLUE LINE

1.5 cubic feet

tuned to 32 hertz

F3 27 hertz

3 db ripple gain

GREEN LINE

1.2 cubic feet

tuned to 27.5 hertz

f3 25 hertz

0 db ripple gain

RED LINE

2.5 cubic feet

tuned to 27.5 hertz

F3 23.4 hertz

3db ripple gain

ethos12boxesjpeg.jpg

15 INCH ENCLOSURES

BLUE LINE

3 cubic feet

tuned to 32 hertz

F3 at 27 hertz

3 db ripple gain at 35 hertz

GREEN LINE

3.2 cubic feet

tuned to 25 hertz

F3 at 23 hertz

0 db ripple gain

RED LINE

5 cubic feet

tuned to 28 hertz

F3 at 24 hertz

3 db ripple gain at 29 hertz

ethos15boxesjpeg.jpg

SAMPLE MOTOR

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

SAMPLE MOTOR ON 10'' FRAME

IMG_1092.jpg

SMAPLE MOTOR ON 18'' FRAME

IMG_1090.jpg

4 LAYER FLAT COPPER COIL

DSC_0148.jpg

CSC_0143.jpg

CSC_0139.jpg

Edited by Quentin Jarrell

yes! first!!!

Rms? Some pictures/videos here could only help.

Rms? Some pictures/videos here could only help.

Added to top as requested. Also fixed the typo on the enclosures. (had red and green labels backwards)

Any chance of a working driver by SBN (March) for a demo ???

Any chance of a working driver by SBN (March) for a demo ???

I'm working on a wall for 4 12's in my matrix. It just depends on when exactly they show up.

Thanks for the fast response !!! I'm looking forward to my demo !!!

15 enclosures have been added to the top. You can see the responses for both 12 and 15 are quite similar. This didn't happen by accident. Everyone now a days are itching for the "LOWS", so I designed these to excel in the mid 20's to mid 30's in reallitively small enclosures.

I know this has zero to do with performance but any label on dust cap?

i wish i didnt have a shit ton of drivers on my living room floor tiring up my play money... i would like to try a set of these out.

I know this has zero to do with performance but any label on dust cap?

The dust caps are 6" convex. The factory is having a hard time getting the lettering to come out right due to the high arc on the cap so we are still working on that. The lettering will be either embossed or engraved into the tooling.

Looking good from here. Like the specs.

man man it looks like your building a sub just for me :P ( as i need a sub with low FS and loves a small box)

but im wondering how accurate the RMS rating is... as ill want to throw way more power at them. in burps and daily, i have a NS-1

man man it looks like your building a sub just for me :P/> ( as i need a sub with low FS and loves a small box) but im wondering how accurate the RMS rating is... as ill want to throw way more power at them. in burps and daily, i have a NS-1

voltagecurrentgraph.jpg

Above is a voltage/Current graph from the large signal testing done on the 12" sample. Testing was done free air on a Klippel machine. The measure Re of the sub was 1.5 ohms

(yellow) Urms = rms voltage applied

(blue slashed) Upeak = peak voltake applied

(gray) Irms = rms current

(gray slashed) Ipeak = peak current

The bottom is the time in seconds that the testing was done. Using ohm's law you can calculate the amount of power that was giving to the sub FREE AIR during the testing

The above was done with a 60mm long coil. The new coil is 10mm longer and the motor has a little bit extra cooling. I had the sample motor coned to a 18 in a 5 cubic foot box with proper port area (real proper port area) strapped to two IA 20.1's. I played it at normal listening levels for about 40 hours and I'd say 10-15 songs full tilt. The coil got a little stinky due to the fact it was new however I still have the cone and coil and it looks brand new. Once I get production in and Pat gets some free time I'm gonna have him put all the drivers in different alignments to get better real world rms ratings. At the moment I'd be confident in guestimating it at 1,700watts

That is some serious power at free air!

Looks like a nice driver for daily listening and weekend comps.

i love how you give all the technical stuff then at the end you give it to me straight !

i love how you give all the technical stuff then at the end you give it to me straight !

Well, I spend all this time and money designing and verifying the least I can do is throw up a graph. The analyzer keeps track of both instant power and rms power over the whole test. The rms power which can be figured using the two lower lines (one for volts and one for amps) actually when calculated shows about 600 watts. However that figure is not accurate because it calculates RMS from the second the test started and you can see that from second one to second 200 not much power was applied.

what you want to look at are the two top lines one for "instant" volts and amps. Being conservative you can see from second 300 to second 500 approximately 145 volts and 38 amps of current was applied. So the sub received approximately 5,510 watts for approximately 3 minutes before the sub reached a 100 kelvin increase in temperate, or the standard temp used when most coil glues fail.

How's the order going Quentin, hopefully good news.

I've been told everything was to be on the vessel on the 30th. I'm waiting on word from my supplier on info.

Precision is to have the coils complete on the 18th.

Good news though I deal with cargo for a living so I have the ability to monitor the product real time from the time the vessel leaves birth all the way through customs.

^^ that's a small incentive in dealing with international business.

Nobody else has that kind of access i'm aware of.  Is it possible you, some other company, etc can offer a service to provide tracking using this method?

^^ that's a small incentive in dealing with international business.

Nobody else has that kind of access i'm aware of. Is it possible you, some other company, etc can offer a service to provide tracking using this method?

Typically with international trade the buyer of cargo uses a "forwarder" that has a presence in the country that handles the loading or unloading process to the buyers specifications. They basically organize the operation and deal with all the formalities needed to ship the product, there is a ton of legal work involved dealing with multiple local and international agencies. They legally have power of attorney for the client.

It's a very complex procedure especially dealing with companies outside the US as most all governments have their hand in the privately owned companies. China is pretty strict. Anytime we go to do any work there we have to get written consent from the government and the company I work for is the "referee lab & surveyor" for the Republic of China. Nothing passes their boarders without us inspecting and testing it first.

Any idea how much the 12 will weigh?

Any idea how much the 12 will weigh?

about 65 pounds