Sign in to follow this  
EPerez

2012 Fusion All Sundown Everything! Start Pg. 14

I'm starting my build log for my build that I plan on doing. I will add pics as I go. Leggo!

VEHICLE:

2012 Fusion Sport

AUDIO EQUIP:

Crescendo Mezzo Series 6.5s

Crescendo C1100.4

2 12" SSA Zcons

2 Crescendo BC2000s

Stock 150a alt

Diehard Platinum 31m

Stock batt (most likely upgrade)

Knu Wiring

Stinger Volt Meter

Stock Radio and AudioControl LC2i

BOX:

Subs and port front firing sealed off from trunk. Port in middle tuned to 29hz. Ricksi30 is designing the box for me and Alton is making a 3D model. More info on box will be announced once Rick is done designing.

NON AUDIO:

Tinted windows 5% all around with 35% whole windshield

12K HIDs from DDM Tuning

Red dome lights

Million color led interior and underglow from Ledglow.com (4 inside cabin, 2 in trunk and 4 underneathe)

Painted black rims and grille

Now that you know what i'm doing for my build here are some pics.

Car when I first got her

20121126_165209.jpg

Now with 5% all around and entire windshield 35%

20121216_105045_zps58a83cbd.jpg

Making sure the HIDs were right color

20121227_121414_zps1d2f14c6.jpg

I realized you had to take the whole front end off to put them in haha

20130105_143202_zps13dc7e4c.jpg

3 Diehard platinum 31m's. I wish they were all mine, but 2 are my dad's. At my dad's house, he had pigs, chickens and goats, so he used 1 in the chicken pen and 1 in the pigs/goats pen. He uses the batteries to power a heater for each pen and has solar panels to charge them back up.

20130102_204950_zps0bffe837.jpg

I never ran faster to the door when the doorbell rang lol

20130111_121537_zpsf97ab3bd.jpg

SSA really does pack these things well. Funniest thing ever, I had to wait while the battery charged on the drill, because it was dead. Me and my stepdad have 4 drills with 5 batteries and they were all dead. I had to sit there and stare at the unopened box, waiting for the drill to charge hahah

20130111_121600_zps5377be2e.jpg

20130111_124533_zps372c32da.jpg

All unboxed biggrin.png

20130111_123530_zpsb41e5c1d.jpg

Look at that ass ;)

20130111_123522_zps85e18665.jpg

20130111_123538_zps1b0d63d6.jpg

20130111_123549_zps53cda978.jpg

A little comparison between SSA Zcon 12 and Skar VVX 15 (if you would like to see more from different views let me know)

20130111_123749_zpsacfa2ed5.jpg

Zcon 12 is taller than the VVX 15. Which one looks beefier? I can't tell :P20130111_123904_zps9b0e3ee5.jpg

I always let her see my new stuff haha

20130111_124012_zps40837794.jpg

Edited by Bassink

Looking good. Did I miss electrical upgrades? Also, I wish there was a fusion with my name on it when I was car shopping 6yrs ago. :-

Tint is rediculously dark. Is that even legal? haha. Awesome to see more people doing trunk builds. Iv been slacking on my build log though...

Looking good. Did I miss electrical upgrades? Also, I wish there was a fusion with my name on it when I was car shopping 6yrs ago. :-

Thanks! and yea the electrical upgrades were under the audio equip. It's my stock 150a alt with diehard platinum 31m. I plan to upgrade the front battery also and I have a stinger volt meter to keep an eye on everything. I'm lucky to have my stepdad help me out with the car. He also works at a ford dealership, so I took over payments and the dealership gave him to new 2013 for his demo.

Tint is rediculously dark. Is that even legal? haha. Awesome to see more people doing trunk builds. Iv been slacking on my build log though...

I absolutely love dark tint. It's way beyond legal lol. Here is michigan you can't have anything on side windows except 35%. I don't know if 35% is the law or the cops won't bother you with that on. The windshield can have no tint at all except the under that line like 4 inches down.

Any of the side windows are just pitch black. You can't see into the car no matter what. The windshield you can just see the u of m parking pass on a cloudy day and on a sunny day you can just make out that there is someone in the car lol I love the privacy. One of my friends has been doing tint for a while now and is really good. He did my whole car for 175. He only uses the good tint. No autozone shit. I have no problem with the police (knock on wood). I don't drive like an idiot, so I don't really stand out other than the 12k hids. Also, my friends mom is a cop and she can write off the tint ticket, so I don't have to worry about it. :D

Get your build done. I want to see those 15s in a trunk haha

Also my trailblazer was 5% all around and 50% on windshield. Been driving crazy dark tint since last Janurary lol

Edited by Bassink

Looks good and should sound great! You will need another battery though. One group 31 in the rear just won't cut it with that little alt.

Thanks man, I just can't wait to get the box all done!

Do you think that battery could hold up to around 3200 rms (subs and comps). 3k rms to 4k rms won't be an audible, so why buy all the electrical upgrades to get that last inaudible 1000 rms right?

No, it won't be enough. Get the group 34 platinum for under hood but I still don't think it will be enough. Not with the stock alt. Once you get over 3k or so a aftermarket alt is a must unless you want to replace the stock one every 6 months

Edited by swift

That's the one I was going to get for under the hood. The only time I play the loudest I can go is when I demo or with friends. When I just drive around I keep it at low to mid level.

I sort of don't want to get a ho alt. What I'll do it get both batteries and see how it does. I'll go from there then. Thanks for the advice swift.

Nice equipment

Tuned in for more.

smile.png

Thanks man. I just can't wait lol

If your trying to avoid getting an alt then a couple batteries should suffice, use a volt meter and keep an eye on your voltage. I doubt you wil be able to set it to 3200 watts or whatever, battery reserve is nice unless you wanna damage equipment or become stalled on the side of the road.

No, it won't be enough. Get the group 34 platinum for under hood but I still don't think it will be enough. Not with the stock alt. Once you get over 3k or so a aftermarket alt is a must unless you want to replace the stock one every 6 months

Not neccessarily true, there is a good amount of people who run more than 3k and dont replace an alt every 6 months. But a good battery bank is usually what they have to overcome that, buying a charger and charging your batteries often will help as well.

I doubt i would set it to exact rms I want, but something in that range. Like I said, I only play it as loud as I can when demoing or with friends for a short time. If it doesn't hold up well then I will search for a bigger alt and just keep gain down. Thanks Jay-cee

If your trying to avoid getting an alt then a couple batteries should suffice, use a volt meter and keep an eye on your voltage. I doubt you wil be able to set it to 3200 watts or whatever, battery reserve is nice unless you wanna damage equipment or become stalled on the side of the road.

Not neccessarily true, there is a good amount of people who run more than 3k and dont replace an alt every 6 months. But a good battery bank is usually what they have to overcome that, buying a charger and charging your batteries often will help as well.

True...... but he doesnt have that. No way you just add a single group 31 and think you can run two 2k watt amps strapped at 1 or even 2 ohms, and another 1k watt class A amp and think it will be fine. That mofo will draw like crazy unless he is gonna run the amps strapped at 4 ohms. But whats the point in that.

When demoing you need a good alt, comps isnt that big of a deal because you can burp or handle 30 seconds without much issue if you have a big enough battery bank.

I just know from what I have seen, you either need a overly large battery bank / stock alt or a mixture of battery and good HO alt.

I just didnt see the point in advising him to add a second 100lb battery to the truck just to avoid a new alt, why have $1k worth of subs, $1200 worth of amps and not make sure electrical is up to par.

My last bit of input on his setup is this. If it was mine I would

A...... Run a group 34 under hood (agm) and 2 group 31's in the trunk and also a Charger to maintain them.

or

B.......Run the 34 under hood, one group 31 in the rear and a good Mechman HO alt. Then he can demo with more confidence, not worry about the stock one going out and when he is ready to add power, just add more batteries.

Either way. OP you have a great build going on, good equipment and Rick and Alton will take care of you. I will be watching this build, the Zcons just get loud as piss and sound great. Good luck with the build!!

Swift, I do have 2 2k and 1 1k rms amps, but i'm not using any of them to their potential. The bc2000s will be used around 1500 rms each and the c1100.4 will just be powering a set of crescendo mezzo componentes. They're rated at 150 rms each, but doesnt mean it has to be. So that amp is not using much power at all.

I really do get that you can't skimp out on electrical and I thank you guys for making sure it's up to par. What I will do is see if it's loud enough for me with voltage being fine. If not, I will look for an bigger alt. A lot of people say these monsters get loud even with low power!

Thanks swift. I'm really happy with the equipment I have right now. Also Rick and Alton are great guys.

Edited by Bassink

Looking forward to this build, want to see how you seal off the trunk. I'm finding my trunk to be a bass black hole, but than again I'm not running 2 Zcons!

I'm going to start off with a panel and find out what I wanna do from there. What are you running? Ohh and thanks for letting me know about the LC2I

I was out of the audio game for ten years and learned a lot (read: made a lot of mistakes before I found this forum), my current system is an old German made MB quart 6x9 component system - woofers in doors and tweeters in the dash. My JL Audio 12w0 is in a 1.4 cube sealed box being powered with 250 watts from a Boston Acoustics 5 channel amp. The radio is stock and the LC2i feeds an Audio Control trunk mounted EQ. I am putting in a Sundown E15 on Wednesday and am collecting components for future upgrades.

nice gear. I hate haveing that much tint tho, with 15% up front I can barely see anything. I think its rather unsafe to be hone.

Yea ss teacher that ssounds like a really clean setup. What comps are you going with?

.I really do love the tint. I have no problem seeing. Other people think it's too dark but I think it's perfect!

I absolutely love dark tint. It's way beyond legal lol. Here is michigan you can't have anything on side windows except 35%. I don't know if 35% is the law or the cops won't bother you with that on. The windshield can have no tint at all except the under that line like 4 inches down.

Any of the side windows are just pitch black. You can't see into the car no matter what. The windshield you can just see the u of m parking pass on a cloudy day and on a sunny day you can just make out that there is someone in the car lol I love the privacy. One of my friends has been doing tint for a while now and is really good. He did my whole car for 175. He only uses the good tint. No autozone shit. I have no problem with the police (knock on wood). I don't drive like an idiot, so I don't really stand out other than the 12k hids. Also, my friends mom is a cop and she can write off the tint ticket, so I don't have to worry about it. biggrin.png

Get your build done. I want to see those 15s in a trunk haha

Also my trailblazer was 5% all around and 50% on windshield. Been driving crazy dark tint since last Janurary lol

michigan tint law is nothing on the front three past 4 inches period. that being said, i've had two cars tinted in 20 all around with 35 on the whole windshield and only get problems in a few cities. state cops don't really care too much. nice car man, hopefully see you in the lanes this season. trunk build here for my cruze

I live in hartland near Howell and I drive to Monroe once week and Im at u of m flint college through out the week and flint has so many cops. No problems though. I think if you drive fine and not to be mean but have a nicer car then you will be fine.

I'm really hoping to go to some shows. I don't know if I'll compete but just to go. Do you have your build done?

Yea ss teacher that ssounds like a really clean setup. What comps are you going with?

I am going to scrap the 5 channel Boston amp and replace with the GT series. 275 for the front comps and a 2125 bridged for the Sundown E15. I hope to upgrade to an Icon or Xcon in November than get another GT 2125 and run one to each coil. And add an amp rack, maybee fiberglass, everybody in Florida LOVES fiberglass.

.I really do love the tint. I have no problem seeing. Other people think it's too dark but I think it's perfect!

Edited by SS Teacher

How big of a trunk do the challengers have? Always thought they were small. So you would get a 15 ssa sub? You better have a build log for all that!!