Sign in to follow this  
EPerez

2012 Fusion All Sundown Everything! Start Pg. 14

Challengers have 16 cubic foot trunks, Mustangs and Camaros have tiny trunks. I love the car and have been out of the game too long. I'm having it done bit by bit by the pros. Will definitely post picks when I get a little more work done.

Cool I wanna see some pics.

I live in hartland near Howell and I drive to Monroe once week and Im at u of m flint college through out the week and flint has so many cops. No problems though. I think if you drive fine and not to be mean but have a nicer car then you will be fine.

I'm really hoping to go to some shows. I don't know if I'll compete but just to go. Do you have your build done?

the problem i had with my blazer was that it was cherry metallic paint, blacked out, hids, and had a catless exhaust... it drew the attention. you're right though. i've never been stopped in my cruze in the year i've had it tinted. blazer was at least once every other week.

fusion looks good man. i'm driving from St. Clair Shores to Southfield 4 days a week for school at LTU and have zero issues with cops. i get stared at daily by people on 696 but who cares lol. hopefully we get another warm week here soon so i can start building up my car. no garage means no work under 40 degrees lol

I live in hartland near Howell and I drive to Monroe once week and Im at u of m flint college through out the week and flint has so many cops. No problems though. I think if you drive fine and not to be mean but have a nicer car then you will be fine.

I'm really hoping to go to some shows. I don't know if I'll compete but just to go. Do you have your build done?

the problem i had with my blazer was that it was cherry metallic paint, blacked out, hids, and had a catless exhaust... it drew the attention. you're right though. i've never been stopped in my cruze in the year i've had it tinted. blazer was at least once every other week.

fusion looks good man. i'm driving from St. Clair Shores to Southfield 4 days a week for school at LTU and have zero issues with cops. i get stared at daily by people on 696 but who cares lol. hopefully we get another warm week here soon so i can start building up my car. no garage means no work under 40 degrees lol

Yea my tb was blacked out all the way up to the headlights lol Both cars have not been pulled over but both have been stared at hard by both cops and people. I love it :D

I always end up having to do big builds when it's cold out. It sucks when it's so cold out. Luckily I do have garages at both my mom and dad's houses. I need to wire everything up tomorrow and friday. Then box build should start on sunday or monday.

Looking forward to build pics.

I run complete limo on all my cars. My Cadillac has 5% all around even on top of the factory in the rear, front windshield has a limo sun strip and 80% Ceramic.

The company tags allow for limo on my truck but I have never been messed with in any of them.

Looking forward to build pics.

I run complete limo on all my cars. My Cadillac has 5% all around even on top of the factory in the rear, front windshield has a limo sun strip and 80% Ceramic.

The company tags allow for limo on my truck but I have never been messed with in any of them.

Box design was just completed today by Alton. DAMNNNN does it look good. I'll post up some pics of the design tonight. I love the 5% and already know that all my cars are going to have very dark tint. It just makes the vehicle look wayyy better. I don't like less than 5% on windows because it looks reddish pink and I kinda don't like it like that but from outside my car no matter which way you look at my fusion's side windows you can't see in at all. The tint on your truck makes it look so sickkk!

So here she is everyone! A little over 5cuft NET tuned to 30.3hz with ~78sqin of port area ;)

Bassinktwo12ZCONs-dims2_zps2a41487d.jpg

Bassinktwo12ZCONs-7_zps250da77e.jpg

Bassinktwo12ZCONs-8_zps80dcae6e.jpg

Damn, that looks great! You gonna build it yourself?

Alton was great to work with. He made sure everything was right the way I wanted it and kept making sure I understood everything. He went way beyond my expectations!!! Thanks Alton!

Damn double post lol
Edited by Bassink

Damn, that looks great! You gonna build it yourself?

Yessir. Should start sunday or monday!

Yea I'm going to take pics. I got new clamps and a new t square, so I can't wait now lol

If your trying to avoid getting an alt then a couple batteries should suffice, use a volt meter and keep an eye on your voltage. I doubt you wil be able to set it to 3200 watts or whatever, battery reserve is nice unless you wanna damage equipment or become stalled on the side of the road.

No, it won't be enough. Get the group 34 platinum for under hood but I still don't think it will be enough. Not with the stock alt. Once you get over 3k or so a aftermarket alt is a must unless you want to replace the stock one every 6 months

Not neccessarily true, there is a good amount of people who run more than 3k and dont replace an alt every 6 months. But a good battery bank is usually what they have to overcome that, buying a charger and charging your batteries often will help as well.

True...... but he doesnt have that. No way you just add a single group 31 and think you can run two 2k watt amps strapped at 1 or even 2 ohms, and another 1k watt class A amp and think it will be fine. That mofo will draw like crazy unless he is gonna run the amps strapped at 4 ohms. But whats the point in that.

When demoing you need a good alt, comps isnt that big of a deal because you can burp or handle 30 seconds without much issue if you have a big enough battery bank.

I just know from what I have seen, you either need a overly large battery bank / stock alt or a mixture of battery and good HO alt.

I just didnt see the point in advising him to add a second 100lb battery to the truck just to avoid a new alt, why have $1k worth of subs, $1200 worth of amps and not make sure electrical is up to par.

My last bit of input on his setup is this. If it was mine I would

A...... Run a group 34 under hood (agm) and 2 group 31's in the trunk and also a Charger to maintain them.

or

B.......Run the 34 under hood, one group 31 in the rear and a good Mechman HO alt. Then he can demo with more confidence, not worry about the stock one going out and when he is ready to add power, just add more batteries.

Either way. OP you have a great build going on, good equipment and Rick and Alton will take care of you. I will be watching this build, the Zcons just get loud as piss and sound great. Good luck with the build!!

If your trying to avoid getting an alt then a couple batteries should suffice, use a volt meter and keep an eye on your voltage. I doubt you wil be able to set it to 3200 watts or whatever, battery reserve is nice unless you wanna damage equipment or become stalled on the side of the road.

No, it won't be enough. Get the group 34 platinum for under hood but I still don't think it will be enough. Not with the stock alt. Once you get over 3k or so a aftermarket alt is a must unless you want to replace the stock one every 6 months

Not neccessarily true, there is a good amount of people who run more than 3k and dont replace an alt every 6 months. But a good battery bank is usually what they have to overcome that, buying a charger and charging your batteries often will help as well.

True...... but he doesnt have that. No way you just add a single group 31 and think you can run two 2k watt amps strapped at 1 or even 2 ohms, and another 1k watt class A amp and think it will be fine. That mofo will draw like crazy unless he is gonna run the amps strapped at 4 ohms. But whats the point in that.

When demoing you need a good alt, comps isnt that big of a deal because you can burp or handle 30 seconds without much issue if you have a big enough battery bank.

I just know from what I have seen, you either need a overly large battery bank / stock alt or a mixture of battery and good HO alt.

I just didnt see the point in advising him to add a second 100lb battery to the truck just to avoid a new alt, why have $1k worth of subs, $1200 worth of amps and not make sure electrical is up to par.

My last bit of input on his setup is this. If it was mine I would

A...... Run a group 34 under hood (agm) and 2 group 31's in the trunk and also a Charger to maintain them.

or

B.......Run the 34 under hood, one group 31 in the rear and a good Mechman HO alt. Then he can demo with more confidence, not worry about the stock one going out and when he is ready to add power, just add more batteries.

Either way. OP you have a great build going on, good equipment and Rick and Alton will take care of you. I will be watching this build, the Zcons just get loud as piss and sound great. Good luck with the build!!

So you say I shouldnt advise him to add a second 100lb. battery in the trunk but thats what you did in option A. Or maybe you didnt understand when I said add a couple of batteries, I was talking about the group 31s for the rear.

Its not telling him to avoid getting an alt, its helping him to understand that he needs a good battery bank to run that much power since he doesnt want to or plan on getting an H/O alt at the moment.

So it happens to be the coldest 2 days of the winter here in Michigan when I decide to cut the wood lmao. It's funny because 3 days ago it was around 40 degrees which is kinda warm for winter here and yesterday and today was around 5 degrees hahaha go figure.

Getting started. Gotta have music!!!

20130121_193635_zps11ccddca.jpg

Finally finished up a little while ago.

20130122_121140_zpsbbc11ef2.jpg

First time ever doing 45s. I think I did pretty good lol

20130122_121130_zpsa1b59b27.jpg

I'm going home to my mom's house today and have school all day tomorrow. Depends on how much homework I got to do tomorrow, I hope to get started puttin it together :D

Looking good so far with those 45s. Damn, I wish more of my students did their homework, but than I teach high school.

This is my second semester in college. I have to do my homework and get good grades to be the neurologist that I want to be!!

I think I'll be able to get some time to do a little bit at least.

you sure did choose some cold days to work. i'm in my 3rd year in school man. work your butt off and it'll pay off. much more important to make a good life for yourself and family before bassing down the block. you have a good head there man

Build looks like it's coming along well man. Another vote for staying focused in college. I'm an EE for John Deere currently running sales and service for Asia Pacific. School will definitely pay off bro.

looking good

I'm tuned in for this one!

Looks good for your first time! Keep it coming!

Thanks everyone!! I owe it to my parents for not lettin me be a bad kid and for always pushing me. I havent been able to work on box as much as I wanted to because of school. I do have some pics loading up to photobucket as soon as they're done I'll post them up!

Keep the pictures coming, glad you remembered to post the required dog with SSA speaker photo. ;)

Haha yea Aaron. I forgot you did that with your dog too!

So I got everything together except for the top on it. I wanted to paint the inside since it would be easier without the top on.

20130126_135935_zpscf9eb43c.jpg

20130126_145720_zpsf63a92f9.jpg

I used primer to get the port and inner baffle ready to paint

20130126_192612_zpsce74d75b.jpg

20130128_201944_zpsf53fba4c.jpg

Now the port and inner baffle is all good like I want. Well actually I'm probably going to go put another coat or 2 on it.

20130129_160636_zps4ba16001.jpg

20130129_160702_zpscbdbac6a.jpg

20130129_160654_zps86a8f492.jpg

and the fusion looking really dirty :( it's so crappy out here because of the rain and melting snow. Also my dad lives on a dirt road which doesnt help at all lol

20130129_160750_zps29dfb0b3.jpg