Sign in to follow this  
EPerez

2012 Fusion All Sundown Everything! Start Pg. 14

It's looking really good so far. That red will really look good against the black.

bigok.gifmusik05.gifslayer.gifrockwoot.gifbigok.gif

Thanks Alton! I know I can't wait get everything finished lol I have led lights all through out my car and I can make them change colors but I usually leave it on red because my dome lights are red. It will look good like that at night.

So there's been a few incidents lol

First, the Crescendo C1100.4 is on national backorder till Feb 2nd. Which isn't too bad.

Second, my order at welding supply somehow didn't go through and I thought it did. I was expecting it to be shipped here yesterday, but it wasn't lol I just reordered it today.

Lastly, yesterday I got a returned call from Crescendo about my Mezzo component set. He told me that the their shipment pickup for the comps and the pwxs wasn't picked up from China for some reason I can't remember. Well it's China's New Year and they party for a while hahaha. He said they won't be shipped from China for like 20 something days. Really sucks and I was offered a refund, but Crescendo has been good to me, so I'll wait it out!

Little bummer about there things, but it'll be alright. Gives me more time to make box better.

It's so hard to be patient. Box is looking good!

Thanks man and Its very hard to be patient!!

Hopefully you sand those edges down where the paint is because when you attach the top the glue won't bond correctly.

Yea I know that why I didn't attach the top at my dads. I need to sand a bit more. I'm going to do that either today or tomorrow.

So I got my 60 ft of 2/0 wire along with 15 1/0-2/0 ring terminals from welding supply. Very happy with the price and the shipping was extremely fast. I ordered yesterday around 3pm and it was here today at 12pm lol I do live only one state away so that's probably why it was so fast haha Shit was HEAVY!!

My little brother thought it was funny to put his hand in the way.

20130130_185646_zps8eeaeb50.jpg

Any tips on how to attach ring terminals to the wire? I don't have a crimper, but I got a soldering kit. Does the solder wire matter? I have 2 size wires, small and big; should I use the bigger one?

Build is coming along bro. Box looks good, nice cherry red port. I went with the same color on mine as well. Those Zcons should hammer in that car.

For terminals I would crimp and solder if thats possible. Use a little heat shrink to make them look nice and neat. If you can't crimp, take them a local shop after you cut your wire to size. I'm sure some will have other ideas on this one.

Solder kit as in an iron/gun? If so that wont cut it.

As far as solder the size of the wire doesn't matter really. What I do is pull out a big run off the spool then fold it lengthwise in half then half again etc. I find that roughly pencil size works well. You dont want to use too small because you have to hold heat on it too long. Too big and its harder to control and get it where you want it to feed.

Just dont use some goofy plumbing solder. I like Kester 44 and Multicore.

By solder kit I meant the little heating thing that melts the solder. It's my dads and I was just going to use that. Are there different types of solder and solder gun things? I might do that and see if I can take it up to the local audio shop and hopefully they can do it for me. I mean it's really not that much to do.

Are you talking about a solder pot or a mini torch?

I use a bottle of map gas and a nozzle from AutoZone. I think it was around $30 or so. You need some serious heat to solder that big of a terminal.

Or you could use a swedge or hydraulic crimper.

Also if you use shrink tube be sure you slide it far away from where you solder or the heat will shrink it before you slide it up.

SolderGun.jpg

I have this^^

I also have the spool of solder wire.

How do you exaclty solder ring terminals on to the wire? Do you melt the actual ring terminal or connect both of them together with the solder wire? I'm don't have much experience with soldering.

I am going to ask the local shop if they can crimp the wires for me though.

Finished the box yesterday and just cut the 2/0 ga wire to size. Going to run the wire in a few and then sand the box and get it ready to paint! Im getting closer and closer to finishing the build! :)

Okk so if you read my build log than you would have known that I bought some 2/0 gauge from Welding Supply. The Knu wire wasn't long enough for how I wanted it, so I bought Welding Supply's 2/0 because I've heard it was equivalent to the Knu Kolossus Flex Kable and it's a lot cheaper.

Welding Supply's 2/0 and Knu Kolossus are both OFC and the Knu KCA is CCA.

Here are some comparison pics between the Welding Supply's 2/0 (Right), Knu Kolossus Flex Kable (Middle) and Knu KCA Kable (Left) I'm sure some would like.

20130202_164046_zps2d651650.jpg

20130202_163956_zpsd785087c.jpg

I used two runs of 1/0 Knukon KCA ( total 2 power, 2 grounds) to the rear of the van to my batts. Then running amps from battery. Welding wire looks good though. Is it flexible and easy to run?

Looks like you'll finish up before me man, I'm on business in Korea.

Edited by R3dt34rz

I actually like the welding cable more than knu. It's not as flexible but does every turn and twist I need it to do. Its just easier to work with. Also it's quite a bit cheaper than the knu kolossus.

I don't know if I'll finish first lol we will see. I'm getting a lot done today and tomorrow though!

Edited by Bassink

nice build

To solder on those terminals ur gonna need a propane torch... I have 4/0 cable and thats how I did mine... put the terminal in a vice and heat it up with the torch for 30secs to a min... Put the solder in the terminal as ur heating it so u know when it will start melting the solder... Fill it up like half to three quarters way full then shove the wire in there. Becareful some solder will spit out and might burn u lol... Then wait a min for it to cool and wrap it with electrical tape

Box looks great and I love the red.. Sexy :)/>

Edited by 16K

This should sound great when you get done.

Im a little behind on all this. I have beem swamped with school so havent got much done in the past few days.

16k, I just beat the hell out of the terminal to make it flat with the wire. It worked out really good. Thanks though.

And thanks for the compliments too! :)

Well that works too... lol

Uhh so a little update. I went to a party with some friends last night and a guy started messin with one of my REALLY good friends so I followed the guy out to the garage to figure out was going on because I want to know both sides of story before anything happens.

Well this guy and his friends pulled both of my friends out of my friends car and took a bowl from them and threw it in the snow!!! I dont know why. I just think they were really drunk. So my really good friend was sayimg why would you do that and yelling. So back to me in the garage, I asked what was going on and this guy kept saying he was going to kick my friends ass. I told him theres no way your going to do that, if you try something im gonna knock you out. He was trying to start with me and pushed me. So I pushed him back and he came at me going to punch and I threw a right and knocked him out hahaha he was on the floor for like 2 minutes. I cut his left cheek open and he was bleeding all over. A kid took a pic of his face and sent it to me and it was prettu bad haha

Because of punching him I messed up my hand!! I cant do anything with it. I dont know how im going to work on my car now haha I jus got to wait till the swelling goes down and not let my mom see lol

Edited by Bassink

Badass!

Vid or it didnt happen! :D

No vid lol no one thought we were going to fight. I just have that pic of his face.