Sign in to follow this  
EPerez

2012 Fusion All Sundown Everything! Start Pg. 14

Lol yea I wouldn't either. The box is around 5 cubes net. So 2.5 each. That's right at ported optimal that SSA suggests. I'm going to run low power, because of my electrical. I can't do a HO alt. If I go smaller than that just makes it worse, because I'd have a small box and low power for the subs. If I have the X series. The box will be perfect for them and they will be getting the rated power sundown suggests or more.

Lol yea I wouldn't either. The box is around 5 cubes net. So 2.5 each. That's right at ported optimal that SSA suggests. I'm going to run low power, because of my electrical. I can't do a HO alt. If I go smaller than that just makes it worse, because I'd have a small box and low power for the subs. If I have the X series. The box will be perfect for them and they will be getting the rated power sundown suggests or more.

I'm missing the part where it is said to be bad to be on the lower side? If I remember correctly you can go to like 1.8 cubes per sub???? what can't you do that and just lower tuning a tad? wouldn't it be worth it to try that first and see how it does before trying to replace them already?

No it isn't bad to be on the lower side, but doesn't it not you give you the most out of the system? I thought it was best to run a smaller box when you use more power and a larger box to compensate for the low power? It says 1.75 for the smallest box size. I can definitely try it, but I'm just trying to get some of your guy's thoughts.

TBH going bigger on lower power is mentioned alot but you could add polyfill to the smaller box ..... how much I don't know... but I think if you go smaller and lower tuning from whatever it is you'd be fine

I'm already at 30 hz. Your right I could add polyfill.

Another problem I have is all the weight. The Zcons are some heavy subs. I doubt that the smaller box would make a big difference. The X series are around 50 pounds lighter and then the smaller box will be much lighter.

I'm already at 30 hz. Your right I could add polyfill.

Another problem I have is all the weight. The Zcons are some heavy subs. I doubt that the smaller box would make a big difference. The X series are around 50 pounds lighter and then the smaller box will be much lighter.

true.... isn't the X series not out? and power handling is different?

No not out yet! I've been reading around on other forums to find out as much about them. So I've heard they may be out by April/June. Their power handling is 1250 rms.

No not out yet! I've been reading around on other forums to find out as much about them. So I've heard they may be out by April/June. Their power handling is 1250 rms.

Not sure what you should do...maybe just scale down to one zcon and better box???

That would definitely help with weight and give me more room, but the 2 12 X series would be more cone area and around the same power. In theory that should get louder than single Zcon.

They are rated at 750, not 1250. I would agree that you should try one ZCON first. I can almost gaurentee that you will be surprised with the output.

They are rated at 750, not 1250. I would agree that you should try one ZCON first. I can almost gaurentee that you will be surprised with the output.

Bassink is right, the Sundown X subwoofers are rated for 1250 watts and not 750.

1250rms is correct. I was going to get the X's until I became too impatient & cheap. Didn't wanna drop more in electrical to add a 2nd SAZ3500v.2

Bassink is right, the Sundown X subwoofers are rated for 1250 watts and not 750.

You guys are all correct my bad. I didn't read and was thinking of the Fi x.

If you want to sell a Zcon, lemme know. :)

Damn Rick you scared me haha I thought he changed it. Originally it was suppose to be 1k but then he did some tweaking and raised it to 1250 rms.

With them being 1250 do you still think I should try 1 Zcon.

Thanks jay-cee and Chicago fan for confirming it!!

Sean ill let you know if I decide to sell one!

i like your 45s

that was 1st time trying>??  your a natural lol

Damn Rick you scared me haha I thought he changed it. Originally it was suppose to be 1k but then he did some tweaking and raised it to 1250 rms.

Lol yeah my bad man. I do still suggest trying the zcon only because it will cost you a sheet of wood, and might save you some money. If you don't like it sell the box on craigslist and make more than what you payed to build it. That is what I'd do at least.

i like your 45s

that was 1st time trying>??  your a natural lol

Ehh they weren't perfect lol Next box I'm sure they will be just about perfect!

Lol yeah my bad man. I do still suggest trying the zcon only because it will cost you a sheet of wood, and might save you some money. If you don't like it sell the box on craigslist and make more than what you payed to build it. That is what I'd do at least.

Don't stress it lol I'm thinking 1 Zcon for now and if I decide that I want the 2 12" X Series, then I will switch. They're not even out with an ETA, so I can't take those people's word for it that it'll be out within next two months. I'll try one first.

I just made a box design in torres. It's already 15" shorter than the current box.

2.75 ft3

44 in2 port area

Port 12.5" x 3.5"    30" long

Tuned to 32 hz

Show the pics of that dude's face.

Show the pics of that dude's face.

Here ya go ;)

IMAG1401_zps74001ce8.jpg

So i decided on just having one Zcon and having just one crescendo bc2000. Box is 2.7 cubes tuned to 32hz. On Saturday and Sunday I busted my ass doing all this:

Cut all the wood. My sister help me with it haha gave her $5.

DB2A6089-1C63-420D-A45A-467588FB9071-663

Starting the build of the box. Pretty much all I could do since it was 12 AM and I couldn't cut the holes for the baffles.

A0099C31-3E5A-4070-B8D6-DF258B8AD967-663

Side of baffle glued and screwed.

A3D5FEF0-EAF4-48D0-870E-FE5434FC9E0B-663

7D47B3A2-F602-4BFD-A311-A06B19DC8183-663

Test fit and it fit great!!

0AE61510-CDC1-4738-92D9-5818FC3FE85A-663

26C084C4-F77B-4E09-A1F3-EBF7B004A1E9-663

The box was screwed up around the baffle which meant I couldn't re sell it, so me and my sis had a little fun lol

04194ABD-9F82-426A-BA41-FBBEFE0D195F-663

I still haven't tuned the lc2i and the big 3 isn't completed. But from listening to it, it sounds REALLY GOOD. It sounds amazing and is decently loud even though I haven't finished those things.