Sign in to follow this  
EPerez

2012 Fusion All Sundown Everything! Start Pg. 14

Kind of bummed out...

Sundown now recommends a larger box for their subs. I called up Sundown and talked to Dave, one of their box building guys. He said the X 12 will still be good with the "normal" box requirements, but to really get the suspension and surround moving like it shows in the videos, it will require 2.5 to 3 ft3 for the 12s. I just don't really have the space for that.

I've had a 5.25 cubic foot box for the Zcon 12s and it took up the whole damn trunk. Was a bitch to get it in the trunk too lol

I feel if I do 2 X series 10s and use the biggest box they recommend and have everything instead of kinda cramming the 12s in I would have a better system. Everything would be optimal with the 10s.

Now, if I wasn't leasing my Fusion then I would probably go with the 12s, but my dad works for a ford dealership and can get me into a 2013 Fusion pretty easily. The 2013 Fusion's trunk is a tad smaller.

So as of right now I'm thinking 2 10s instead.

I don't know lol I dont think i have the power and I'm trying to go with lower priced stuff so I can sell some stuff so I can get some cash back.

I don't know lol I dont think i have the power and I'm trying to go with lower priced stuff so I can sell some stuff so I can get some cash back.

going with 10s isn't a bad idea.... but what about Icon 10s as well? I think the xmax is not anywhere near the X seies but hey I was in love with my 12" Icon ported back in the day....

going with 10s isn't a bad idea.... but what about Icon 10s as well? I think the xmax is not anywhere near the X seies but hey I was in love with my 12" Icon ported back in the day....

I just got done looking at the icons lol they're definitely a possibility. Still leaning towards the X. Your right the icon is 21mm and the x is ~30mm. Can't remember the exact number.

10s will for sure give me the optimal box and will also allow me to use them in the 2013 fusion.

I just got done looking at the icons lol they're definitely a possibility. Still leaning towards the X. Your right the icon is 21mm and the x is ~30mm. Can't remember the exact number.

10s will for sure give me the optimal box and will also allow me to use them in the 2013 fusion.

good luck man...

On another note, I think you should re-do that baffle though... looks like it might not have a "great" seal..... But I could be wrong

good luck man...

On another note, I think you should re-do that baffle though... looks like it might not have a "great" seal..... But I could be wrong

Thanks shogen.

What pic did you see that made you think that. Is it the top left part of where the sub is? I made sure everything was sealed right.

good luck man...

Thanks shogen.

What pic did you see that made you think that. Is it the top left part of where the sub is? I made sure everything was sealed right.

actually I got confused with your box and another somewhere on the forums... my bad.... yours looks good

Lol it's all good!

I also like the idea of the Icon as Shogen mentioned. I had two ported in my 05 BMW 745i and they did very well. They were my first SSA subs.

Damn I don't know man lol I really want those X's but I've always eyed the icons.

Damn I don't know man lol I really want those X's but I've always eyed the icons.

Only because of money, I'd say go for the X's and see if you like... You should be able to get your money back if you decide to sell them... Then pick up the Icons? Right? I mean alot of work but that is what most hobbies are... lmao!!! (especially this one)

Ehh not too much money. It's only like 100 difference between the pair. If I don't want the X's when I get them then ill go for the icons. Your right it's a lot of work in car audio but it's fun trying new products! :)

Ehh not too much money. It's only like 100 difference between the pair. If I don't want the X's when I get them then ill go for the icons. Your right it's a lot of work in car audio but it's fun trying new products! smile.png

Just make sure you hit me up when that time comes.... I can't get nobody to buy my Xcon so I can move onto other things.... smh

Yea really sorry about that man! I wish I could buy it from you lol glws

Ill definitely let you know when the time comes!

Yea really sorry about that man! I wish I could buy it from you lol glws

Ill definitely let you know when the time comes!

lol thanks for the bump!!! 

No problem man. What's your next build looking like?

No problem man. What's your next build looking like?

IN all honesty.... I'm not sure... I really do need to finis up the front stage... I've had everything in a temp/unfinished stage for quite some time.... Tweets need a permanent mount.... Might make some pods to utilize the corner of the windshield/dashboard .... I'm either going to install the Tang Bang 5 1/4s I have or go for some Dayton Mids soon (7" or 8") .... Need to install my MB Q125.4 already ... been using whats in my sig and it isn't "strong" enough.... Need to finish up the amp rack/mount ... its just bare MDF at the moment.... And I need to find a spot for the rear battery AND take out the damn car jack that has been stuck since I bought the car... lol

A shyt load of work bro!

Yea does sound like a lot of work lol it's probably been cold there as its been cold here in Michigan. That always never let's you get things done lol

Are you saying its not enough for you because of the power? I have a c1100.4 I'm going to put up for sale. If your interested we can work something out.

Yea does sound like a lot of work lol it's probably been cold there as its been cold here in Michigan. That always never let's you get things done lol

Are you saying its not enough for you because of the power? I have a c1100.4 I'm going to put up for sale. If your interested we can work something out.

If I had monies I'd have finished most of my installation items already.... I haven't even used the MB Q yet.... I am currently using a US Acoustics 60.4 and it's just OKAY.... but I have a feeling the condition it's in isn't helping.... very old and last owner didn't take care of it well... I have the MB Q sitting in my room waiting to be installed.. lol... since like September.. 

but thanks for the offer man.... Plus I couldn't fit that in my car .... lol

Yea I don't understand why people don't take care of equipment.

I've installed a mb quart onxy 1500 for a guy and it was a nice little amp. I'm sure their 4 chan is pretty good too!

Is all this going in your Camry?

Yea I don't understand why people don't take care of equipment.

I've installed a mb quart onxy 1500 for a guy and it was a nice little amp. I'm sure their 4 chan is pretty good too!

Is all this going in your Camry?

yes sir.... Also the money from the Xcon will go to suspension repairs... I can't have the system (sub/enclosure) in the trunk because the suspension is blown and I can't fix that on my own so about $900 that is ... Afterward I'll look into other subs... But maybe a OA 12" ported for a bit or something else.... it'll have to wait..

That's sucks about your suspension.

Well hope you can get that Xcon sold so you can get your suspension fixed and get you bumping!!

I've almost used the OAs but decided to get the um....skars....lol

That's sucks about your suspension.

Well hope you can get that Xcon sold so you can get your suspension fixed and get you bumping!!

I've almost used the OAs but decided to get the um....skars....lol

thanks... yea I also have been looking into to Dayton Audio HO 12" for quite some time... before I got back into car audio..... soooo they might end up in my car before the end of the year... lol.... Thinking about dual 10s ported