rythe88

Icons and crescendo bc2k barely any output

I just switched out my old Kenwood subs and 500 watt amp for 2 12 in icons and a bc2k and there is almost no output from the subs. I didn't change any settings on the head unit and I double checked the wiring they are wired to 4 ohm so I should see 700 watts. The amp is on and not in protect. The bass is so quiet that the factory speakers are louder. Anybody have any ideas on what could be wrong?

Off the top of my head, check the head unit settings and make sure nothing is wrong. Check the crossover settings on the amp, and make sure it is set correctly. Using a multimeter make sure the subs are at the correct resistance. If none of this works, also check the ac voltage of the rca leads and see if any voltage is coming from the head unit. If not, this would indicate bad rcas or bad outputs/bad settings.

make sure your LPF is not set low.... turn it all the way to the right (clockwise) and see if it gets louder... also check you SSF setting on the amp.... are these Icons sealed? If so turn that dial all the way left (counter-clockwise) .... Also unplug the remote knob for now during this testing if you have it plugged in .... Then turn the gain setting all the way left (counter-clockwise) ..... slowly turn it up (to the right - clockwise) .... but DO NOT go past midway point....

Check your ssf and hipass filters. You might have those backwards and they make it so no bass plays at certain frequencies.

What do the settings on your amp look like? Did you double check all of the wiring? What are the enclosure specs?

They beat me too it lol

also please take a photo of the amp settings .... maybe we can tell if there was a DOH! moment and you didn't notice....

Are they dual voice coil drivers? If so, you could have polarity reversed causing a short on the drivers, or wired out of phase causing cancellation.

The enclosure is ported tuned to 31hz 15in tall 19 in wide and just under three feet long. but the enclosure isn't the problem. I I am literally getting so little cone excursion at full tilt that when I put my hand on the sub I can barely feel it. lpf is at 100hz ssf is at 20hz.

Yes they are dual voice coil. How would I be able to tell if they are out of phase

Where is your gain set? Did you double check the wiring?

If they are out of phase, one will move in while the other moves out. If they are shorted, they will move very little if at all.

Yes they are dual voice coil. How would I be able to tell if they are out of phase

Take pics of how they are wired.

Started gain at minimum and then turned it slowly to middle not much happened. It barely became audible at half setting. Yes I triple checked the wiring I don't see any problems. I took it all apart and put it back together and that didn't help either

It sounds like it could be a short because I a m barely getting any cone excursion just a few millimeters but I don't know here it could be. I can get pics in the morning. If i pushed the wire to far into the terminal and it touches the side of the sub is that a problem? I don't know if I did that or not but it's a possibility so if it can cause problems ill check that once I have some light.

maybe something went wrong when magnetising the magnets ... alltough that would be highly unlikeky to happen and even more so happening twice in a row... but just to be sure I'd check it , and if thats okay try to test the subs one coil wired at a time

did you try another amp ? or other wires ?

I don't have a multimeter but I'm going to switch out the amp and see if that helps

Run to Sears and spend $20 and get a meter.

Just curious as to why you have it wired to 4ohms? Those subs will take all that amp can throw at 1ohm.

Sounds like a wiring issue.

It's at 4 ohms until I get my new alternator cuz stock is garbage. I switched the amp to a cheap Kenwood 500 watt amp though and they run fine on that. And every thing is wired the same

you need to post up your amp settings ... something's off

IMAG0165.jpg

These are my amp settings. No the gain isn't all the way up

Bass boost might be your problem there. Some amps work with it off some dont. Do you have a bass knob hooked up?

ive tried turning bass boost up and using the knob and unplugging it. nothing makes much difference