Sign in to follow this  
Drew92

Newbie here. First build

Hey, I'm Andrew I'm not new to bass but I am new to building systems. I've researched and read a lot on this forum and on some other car audio forums. I've been around systems my whole life, anything from surround sound, car audio to 100k watts of bass at an EDM festival. I guess you could say im addicted to low frequencies.

I've already started my build, that's what brings me here. I placed an order for an SSA Xcon 15" a few days ago so I figured I'd sign up on here aswell.

So currently I have bought:

SSA Xcon 15' dual 2ohm

Audioque 2200d (Brand new 343 shipped) I looked at sundowns too but for the price I couldn't pass the audioque up.

Pioneer AVH-x5500bhs

Items needed:

Woofer enclosure

Wiring for the big 3 and to power the amp

H/O alternator( I've emailed Mechman, Excessive Amperage, DC and Singer ) I will order sometime this week

Additional Battery ( It seems like everyone likes XS power but I'm still up in the air )

A set of image dynamics ctx65cs

The build will be in my 2012 Accord EX-L.

MODS

3m tint 20% front 5% rear

FutureVision HID kit

026-1.jpg

007.jpg

^ I have projector lenses, my camera just doesn't pick up the light well so the beam looks messy. In person they're just small projections of light.

As my equipment starts arriving I will add new pictures and possibly videos of unboxing and first impressions.

I will be doing everything myself, I plan to do it all as clean and professional as I can but nothing over the top or elborate because I only plan to keep this car for 3 years.

Edited by Drew92

Very nice equipment! Welcome to SSA!

Welcome

Welcome, you don't need to make videos of unboxing, but a build log would be great.

very good start sir.

Thank you for all the welcomes and I've been researching for a few months now and finally pulled the trigger. I just hope 2k watts is enough.

For a battery look into the sears diehard platinum 31m. A few people recommended it to me on here. It's suppose to be a very good batt.

:WELCOME: Thanks for choosing SSA subs.

Update here! I've been working a lot,  so haven't had too much time to install. I got about half of the sound deading finished up. I also installed the headunit.

SSA Xcon 15' dual 2ohm
Audioque 2200d (Brand new 343 shipped) I looked at sundowns too but for the price I couldn't pass the audioque up.
Pioneer AVH-x5500bhs

80sq ft second skin damplifier pro

275 amp Singer alternator

Image Dynamics ctx65cs (orignal set before they were bought out)

Rockford Fosgate 400-2 to power the 6.5s

XS power D3400 and 5100R for under the hood

50ft spool of XS flex

Items needed:
Woofer enclosure

Fuses

I went hard on the electrical, rather start with some headroom. Now that the weather is getting warmer I'll be starting the install.

Looking good! Welcome sir

You can go wrong with a SSA xcon!

Sounds like a grand master plan!  Clean whip.  That Xcon should do it in well.  Welcome!