keddy_net

AA Mayhem 15' system

Hello guys.

I ordered from bkolf04 one AA Mayhem 15 d1 (thank you Brian), wired to 0.5

The box will be 5 cu ft, with 70.5 sqin port area, 14.1 sqin / cu ft. tuned to 32Hz

240A of one alternator

2 xs d3100 + one stock under hood.

what amplifier do you recomend ?

I want to see in that sub 3.5k of clean power. With impendance rise of box what you recomend: one amp with 3.5kw of power to 1 ohm, or 5.5kw power ?

For that power i need a litle box with 4 cu ft ?

thank you

Edited by keddy

Unless its for comps thats damn to get that much power and that sub won't like that power for long playing times. Just get a ~2500 rms amp and a nice designed box and you'll be set.

I would say a box of 4.0 cuft would be best if you plan to use around 3.5-5.5kwatts. I'm at 4.5 with my zcon, and it would be happier in a smaller box. Any amp that you find here at the ssa store would do just fine. No need to compare one another, they are all well. Just pick based on your budget and goals.

diference betwin 2,5k to 3.5k with clean signal, will be for few seconds maibe max one minute.

Good point with 4cu ft. Brian recomended me the same volume 4cu ft.

For the future i want to put it in another burp box, and play a litle with 42-45Hz.

the sub will be wired to 0.5

so what is the best choice for my aplication: bc3500 or bc5500 ?

thank you guys

Please don't take offense to this, but if you are asking these questions, you shouldn't be playing with this much power. And just judging by the question itself, do you have enough power to make this power in the first place? Low voltage will cause chaos and you'll find your hard-earned money flushed down the toilet.

not ofense Tirefryr but, I think it's not bad my electrical output: 2 of xs power 3100 + one 85Ah new stock under hood + 250A of alternator.

I hope it's enough electrical for 3-3.5kw of clean power.

I am wrong?

the box will be 4 cu ft with 70.5 sqin area. Tuned to 32Hz.

I'm a little confused. Are you competing on music or burp box or daily listening? If you're competing tune the box much higher. What are your goals? If its a daily driver than go with 2,000 watts, if you're chasing numbers bigger is better, but way more expensive. We need more info.

My system will be for daily music tuned to 32hz.

For the future maybe I make another burp box tuned around 42Hz and I go to competition, and put some dB one the table.

For the moment i want to make my system for daily use.

But i want to choose the amp which I can play music and I can go to the competition later.

So what is the best choose amp for this option ? (with that electrical)

PS: Don't worry guys !! I ordered one mayhem and one recone kit togeter, so...let's put some power on it !

Cheers !