Iosias

Problem with C1100.4 highpitched noise.

Well after finally getting a chance to install my new C1100.4 I had a terrible hiss with it that only got worse as the gain went up.

So far I have tried swapping everything around the amp to eliminate it them from the problem except new rcas and I haven't tried it in another vehicle.

New Rcas will be here today, shielded and all.

I have swapped HUs

I have Tried both sets of channels

Amp is ground directly to battery

Gain High or low high.

Tried a different amp and don't have that issue (I have low level noise but I believe its a source unit problem)

Amp does have the HPF on and set to 5khz, which is what I need to actively run my tweeters.

Other amp which I have no problem is a ID q450.4

Ill be trying it in a different vehicle today and new rcas after that.

Any advice on getting this narrowed down to the amp would be amazing.

Tried it with a completely different install and heavily shielded rcas, no change.

Check all of your grounds especially if you used ring terminals. Lower your gain till your noise goes away, that is what your gain is for.. to reduce your noise ceiling. Also if that doesn't work, try grounding the outside shield of the RCA's to your head unit. A combination of those could help.

Edited by Julian

Also if your signal wires are ran along side the power wire you will sometimes get excessive noise through rca's. I agree with Julian to check your grounds as well.

That is an old wives-tale, DC does not induce noise. Is the noise present only when your car is running? My fuel pumps would cause noise I had to route them around them

Have tried direct to battery grounds and ground to frame. Different rcas, decks, gain settings. The noise is present at all levels of gain and only gets louder as it goes up. I have tried every possible fix including swapping the amp out and that's the only thing that worked.

Finally called Crescendo and i am sending it in, sadly they are out of stock till Feb so I cant get a replacement but if its a easy fix they said they will fix it.

Also if your signal wires are ran along side the power wire you will sometimes get excessive noise through rca's.

Nope.

Currently waiting on a response from crescendo, they received it 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything from them sense.

Try giving them a call an see what's up. I'm receiving mine in the mail tomorrow!

Mine has no L/R separation, balance left right still plays. Lol sending mine back also

Sheesh that sucks, hope you guys get it worked out.

Got a call back saying there tech had been out for a week or two and that they will call back the next with a update, haven't received said update.... I do know SBN was this week but they should be back in shop now so hopefully today I will get an update.

I hope that this is a few out of the blue cases and not a defective run, i just picked one up and haven't had a chance to hook it up yet and probably wont for a while yet while i'm buying the rest of the equipment for my build. Tuned in.

Still haven't received a call.... So I will call tomorrow, at this point I just want to be rid of the damn thing and get my money back. I have had it sense the black Friday sale and haven't even gotten to use it.

Called today and finally got an answer and update, apparently its in need of a new Rectifier and something else I forgot the name of. So after a month+ of waiting it will get fixed and returned soon hopefully.

Called today and finally got an answer and update, apparently its in need of a new Rectifier and something else I forgot the name of. So after a month+ of waiting it will get fixed and returned soon hopefully.

Thats fast compared to stetsom amps.

I had a friend buy a crescendo 2000d recently, and it is having a loud buzzing coming from the amp itself. 

Sounds to me like the fan, but all these issues I've been hearing are kinda disappointing. 

Im going to run all crescendo amps for my rebuild, so hopefully these are flukes.

Edited by SacredTanakh

I had a friend buy a crescendo 2000d recently, and it is having a loud buzzing coming from the amp itself. 

Sounds to me like the fan, but all these issues I've been hearing are kinda disappointing. 

Im going to run all crescendo amps for my rebuild, so hopefully these are flukes.

I had a BC2000D also and it worked like a champ, as of right now I have yet to receive the amp and there might be more trouble with it. In any event I will be selling it once I get it back.

Reading things like this, makes me second guess buying this amp and the BC3500..

I have the exact same problem. No L/R separation. High pitched engine whine. Sadface.

Sounds to me like the fan, but all these issues I've been hearing are kinda disappointing.

They don't have fans.

Since this thread is entirely negative I think I will steer clear of their 4 channel for a while