JimBeam45

Box build help. 2 Fi Audio SP4 18's and 8,000 Watts tuned very low

Any help would be appreciated. Looking to wall 2 SP4 18's with a DC 7.5k in a Chrysler 300. I want it to hit mid 20hz. I am trying to see if anyone has any experience with these subs and how they react in certain box dimensions real world experience. I havean idea of what to do but not confident enough.

How much room are you working with? And why are you trying to play so low? And why with such low cone area?

Edit: Failure double post.

Edited by bassahaulic

If I squeeze hard enough around 20 cubes. I wanna do it to be not so normal. I think hitting so low is more impressive and harder to do.

Have you considered trying a 4th order bandpass? They have amazing lowend extension.

Not sure I have skills to do. Will 4th order work well with only 2 18's?

Not sure I have skills to do. Will 4th order work well with only 2 18's?

Have you considered trying a 4th order bandpass? They have amazing lowend extension.

I hope that was sarcasm.

I love 300ss!!! I do also like to play lower. It's something none of my friends can do and it's funny when they hear a low song on my system and they're dumbfounded because they didn't even know that song had good bass. They're mainstream systems don't even compete to any of our types of systems! You can have someone design a box for you if you don't have skills. Wouldn't a 4th order be to large for his vehicle though?

Edited by Bassink

You DO NOT want a bandpass box. You will be 1/4 to 1/2 octave lower f3 with a ported box.

You DO NOT want a bandpass box. You will be 1/4 to 1/2 octave lower f3 with a ported box.

Ported it is.

Area of port and length?

I may be able to squeeze another 2 cubes if need be.

Download WinIsd to model your box. It comes with a tutorial. And they have a forum.

Use the calculators on the12volt.com For port area and length.

Download WinIsd to model your box. It comes with a tutorial. And they have a forum.

Use the calculators on the12volt.com For port area and length.

Thanks for the advice. The only reason I am asking for advice is I have herd the box designing software is not always accurate. I will try it and see.

You should try to get a hold of this guy with the LS 4 sp4 15's 20cubes, 26hz tune

Why mid 20's tho? Thats extremely low & most music doesn't drop that low. I believe youll be losing alot of output if your aiming that low. Ijs..

I have the SP4 18's in my Magnum. Their in a 4th & its retarded! I literally shake my neighbors shelves when I ride by. My 4th is tuned to 39Hz.

Assuming you are talking about a 4th order bandpass that youd tuned to 39hz you think mid 20s ported is dumb?

Besides that yeah not much music drops that low but most people that tune that low only care about the low end. And as such mostly only listen to music in that range modded or otherwise and are willing to give up output at the higher end.

Try to get 15cuft net and tune around 28-30 with roughly 200sqin of port. That will do what you want assuming you can build a quality enclosure.

And why with such low cone area?

You're kidding, right?

Assuming you are talking about a 4th order bandpass that youd tuned to 39hz you think mid 20s ported is dumb?

Besides that yeah not much music drops that low but most people that tune that low only care about the low end. And as such mostly only listen to music in that range modded or otherwise and are willing to give up output at the higher end.

Did I say dumb? I don't think I did, bc I was sitting there when I typed my post.

I pointed out that he'd be losing output by tuning that low. Most people aren't happy w/ an enclosure tuned that low & not much music drops that low. Then their pissed bc they aren't beating the block down.

Just making sure he's aware of that before wasting his time.

I wasnt trying to be a prick. Its just how I took what you said. Then contradicted that talking about how yours is tuned at 39hz. You didnt state if it was a bandpass or not. For a bandpass thats tuned real low.

I wasnt trying to be a prick. Its just how I took what you said. Then contradicted that talking about how yours is tuned at 39hz. You didnt state if it was a bandpass or not. For a bandpass thats tuned real low.

Its cool. No worries.

Yes mine is a bandpass (4th). My range is 30-55hz & I peak at 39.