Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

see, I tried Dolphin and didn't like it. I can't remember why at the moment though. I may have to dl it again and remember why

Chrome works great.

wait, did I miss something? I didn't think they had chome mobile??

see, I tried Dolphin and didn't like it. I can't remember why at the moment though. I may have to dl it again and remember why

Chrome works great.

wait, did I miss something? I didn't think they had chome mobile??

That's what all Android phones come with.

If anyone's looking for a new science type book to read (not related to health shit) check out "Subliminal, how your unconscious mind rules your behavior."

Only read fifty pages so far but it's good. One of the chapters talks about "TN" http://www.nature.com/news/2008/081222/full/news.2008.1328.html

Cool stuff. They did a similar study where brain damaged blind would smile when shown a picture of a smiling person.

If anyone's looking for a new science type book to read (not related to health shit) check out "Subliminal, how your unconscious mind rules your behavior."

Only read fifty pages so far but it's good. One of the chapters talks about "TN" http://www.nature.com/news/2008/081222/full/news.2008.1328.html

Cool stuff. They did a similar study where brain damaged blind would smile when shown a picture of a smiling person.

Yeah its super cool. They also had him force choice whether an object on a laptop was square or triangle, he scored 50/50, they switched to happy and angry faces, he scored 2/3 correct.

The book has tons of this stuff.

I enjoy milk a lot. I don't know where I heard it, but I've lived with the knowledge that when you drink milk the body takes calcium from your bones to process the milk, thus resulting in weaker bone structure. That's why I am asking.

Not like it stopped me from drinking milk YOLO

YOLO :lol:

I've been drinking half a liter per day for as long as I can remember and I'm still here :)

Chances are that I'd still get groped anyway. Friggin' medical implants...

Yeah but that only costs $20

$30 in Illinois since it isn't a right to work state

Generally people of Nordic descent are less prone to becoming lactose intolerant--IIRC.

We are awesome like that. Also have a small chance towards HIV immunity.

]

Magic Johnson is Norse? Who'd a thunk it?

He probably paid to have transfusions only from Viking bloodlines.

If you have enough money, anything is possible.  Personally, I don't think the guy ever had HIV. 

I am nervous as shit. I start going in for work tomorrow....

J

What job did you choose?

Most of the world's adult population is lactose intolerant. We are the only species to drink the milk of another. It's not nature's way, hence the issues.

I am lactose intolerant. I do not have issues with yogurt, but I do get gassy and have the gastrointestinal issues from cheese.

Kind of. Many animals will nurse other species in the wild based on circumstance. We are the only species who can milk and ship other animals milk though.

Same argument can be made for farming. Doesn't make it bad for us.

My mom used to make the argument that we are the only animals to continue to drink Milk, but we are one of the few animals with opposable thumbs and the only one to domesticate other animals.

Just got back from riding in Flagstaff. Rained everyday--trails had lots of traction.

Awesome. Pics?
I was lazy this year and didn't bring the helmet cam or anything, but I did take one gag shot for my hunting uncles:

dead.jpg

On one of the trails we came up on a herd of elk, looked like the lines of children exiting schools during fire drills. Must have been at least forty of them.

dynamic range
Cell phone shot.
Almost looks fake, lol

Well, off to work for a few, then home to study. Going to take the paper part of my carry permit tonight, then schedule the shooting portion.

Well, off to work for a few, then home to study. Going to take the paper part of my carry permit tonight, then schedule the shooting portion.

I don't know how it is in MN, but in AZ it was a joke. When I took it one of the people in our group was in his sixties, he continually pointed the barrel at others when handling his pistol, he had never fired it before so at the range he wasn't very accurate at ~20ft, he fell asleep during parts of the lecture, took his test at the end, missed quite a few problems, and still got a permit.