Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Just saying. My dad's has been a serious POS

Yes I have heard that and have a friend who hod one that was. The 2.0 has its issues. I still on the fence.

....get the beetle.

:-(

Why

The arbitrary and subjective idea that it has a soul in comparison to the toyota

The arbitrary and subjective idea that it has a soul in comparison to the toyota

My daughter really wants the beetle.

I got an awesome barter coming up in the next few minutes, pics to follow.

Edit: Well not as awesome as I thought, but I did snag some Focal Polykevlar 5.25" components for my Soundstream Granite 120.4

Edited by gprestonmoto

My old boss got a Beetle very similar to that.  Some old people at his church got it to relive the 60s, albeit in a new version.  The car was always maintained by a local shop and had a book full of receipts.   It had just over 100K and he got it for $2800.  The car was spotless.  He drives it 33 miles to and from work every day and never washes it and it looks horrible now.  He's had it over a year without issue. 

As far as the Corolla, I would think you could find a Camry for that price and it should provide a little more space and comfort.

I actually miss the simplicity of my Camry.  The Lincoln has some serious quirks that make working on some things a relative pain.

My old boss got a Beetle very similar to that.  Some old people at his church got it to relive the 60s, albeit in a new version.  The car was always maintained by a local shop and had a book full of receipts.   It had just over 100K and he got it for $2800.  The car was spotless.  He drives it 33 miles to and from work every day and never washes it and it looks horrible now.  He's had it over a year without issue. 

As far as the Corolla, I would think you could find a Camry for that price and it should provide a little more space and comfort.

Damn Ryan that is very close to what we just settled on. Looks like the green beetle will be coming home tomorrow for $2850. It does need some things and I am sure there are a couple more things I did not find.

This car is for my daughter and maybe me...

IIRC it would be a GREAT sq car.

J

Is it a gas engine or TDI?

Is it a gas engine or TDI?

2.0 gas

I have been on the VW forums reading a lot and it seems the 2.0 is the safe bet out of the new beetles.

I do have my list of things to check that is a normal wear item at 100k.

After market parts are cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

OEM parts are iota expensive.

I got a full techtonics exhaust for my jetta, timing chain change, some electric work done, and a decent intake for 1200 bucks.

I miss my little black Jetta sometimes.

Edited by dem beats

We had a black jetta and the neutral safety switch went out twice and the computer once. After the computer went out we sold it, and a few years later VW acknowledged there was a problem with the neutral safety switches going out.

After market parts are cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

OEM parts are iota expensive.

I got a full techtonics exhaust for my jetta, timing chain change, some electric work done, and a decent intake for 1200 bucks.

I miss my little black Jetta sometimes.

My FIL runs an auto parts store, I get pretty good deals on parts.

speaking of getting new vehicles, ive been searching for a while for a older  k5 blazer.  I've always wanted one, just trying to find a decent one at a good price.

speaking of getting new vehicles, ive been searching for a while for a older  k5 blazer.  I've always wanted one, just trying to find a decent one at a good price.

If you lived closer I could show you a couple. Not in good shape though.

Going to get some shooting in today with my daughter!

4a6dc8090fb4053175255ba48729a908.jpg

45f3bac4ed5b5b5aef44a479f542813c.jpg

a69c29dcf8de89146f64a577ce89d361.jpg

a0e10a0795430d0d35727f1881504035.jpge1ba0d97faf8ebdcf0b48d4905fa926a.jpg