Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

plus it has a shit ton of $$$$$ apps I'd lose

Disk image those to another drive and then wipe and start up.

Or make actual disks.

Sean do the E46 M3s have bad/failing SMG systems?

My friend I went with is going to make a deal on a g37s that we test drove. Spunky car.

330hp.

Or make actual disks.

i don't know as I'd want a manual in an E46, not quick enough to need the SMG. My guess is yes though since I know they had learning pains.

My friend I went with is going to make a deal on a g37s that we test drove. Spunky car.

330hp.

That car is the definition of meh to me. Not fast, not fun, not sporty....oh wait, it's Japanese.

Posted spec and reality don't match anywhere near in it either.

Of course it has been a few years, they could have improved them

Posted spec and reality don't match anywhere near in it either.

Lack of torque curve I would assume

A few years back I kept getting the 4 door as a rental. Beat the shit out of them, but just don't get it. Not comfy either.

Or make actual disks.

i don't know as I'd want a manual in an E46, not quick enough to need the SMG. My guess is yes though since I know they had learning pains.

Not quick enough he says.... LoL

I don't think I have ever driven something with a smart enough transmission in a sports car that I wouldn't want a manual.

A few years back I kept getting the 4 door as a rental. Beat the shit out of them, but just don't get it. Not comfy either.

Passanger was nice. I didn't have to grab the steering wheel though.

The exploder was akwards. Had to stretch to grab it if my legs were back far enough.

LMFAO I could see myself doing this!

"The Legend Of Shelby The Swamp Man" you have to watch this show. Love it!

Bale_The%20Machinist.png

Just saw the movie on Sunday, the difference between Batman and Machinist is unbelievable. 

Check out Matthew Fox in Alex Cross, looks slightly unhealthy:

MS-071-IAC-DF-01409-jpg_224609.jpg

Sweet. FM antenna adapter for my tablet arrived today. Now I get to see if I can truly make the Droid work as a fully functional front end for a car.I've already figured out:Steering wheel controlsBlue tooth dialing (need a parrot or the like for audio)Overlays with volume controls on all screensVoice commandGPSRear cameraInternetInstant on boot timeUSB HDD storage for all music/videoWireless screen mirroring for rear videoAnd a bunch of other things.Going to add a PC for safe measure as well. This will allow me rather flexible crossovers...and the potential to upgrade if Windows 8 ever supports Google Maps.I just fucking hope that the FM reception and such is acceptable as at my age I listen to a fair amount of talk radio.

I would have questions when I do my car PC.

I am not doing a carPC as the Nav systems for cars blow goats. This will be Android based.

Really curious how you are making it work. Particularly the volume overlay. Is this piggybacking off another system? Would you use the Android tablet as a front end then run the audio directly into a PC?

Pretend the PC doesn't exist. The PC for me will only be so I can run 3 way active, ie a more flexible replacement for a miniDSP. Found a PC for basically the same price as the mini so why not smile.png

I don't have it all figured out. I need a different tablet as the Tab 2 will not allow the use of a USB hub and that is a pre-requisite as the steering wheel controls, FM Antenna, Hard drive, backup camera and other peripherals will be USB.

how will the pc be powered and so forth? do you have to power down the pc manually before shutting the car off? 

also, mini dsp's had a price cut recently. at least the 2x4 models i believe.   

"The Legend Of Shelby The Swamp Man" you have to watch this show. Love it!

That show is complete horseshit. My dad grew up with Sheri and her son is the same age as I am. They are no where near that redneck and come from a well off family.

Bale_The%20Machinist.png

Just saw the movie on Sunday, the difference between Batman and Machinist is unbelievable. 

Check out Matthew Fox in Alex Cross, looks slightly unhealthy:

MS-071-IAC-DF-01409-jpg_224609.jpg

Christian+Bale+weight+loss+and+gain+blad

Christian Bale has done some crazy shit for roles.

Sweet. FM antenna adapter for my tablet arrived today. Now I get to see if I can truly make the Droid work as a fully functional front end for a car.I've already figured out:Steering wheel controlsBlue tooth dialing (need a parrot or the like for audio)Overlays with volume controls on all screensVoice commandGPSRear cameraInternetInstant on boot timeUSB HDD storage for all music/videoWireless screen mirroring for rear videoAnd a bunch of other things.Going to add a PC for safe measure as well. This will allow me rather flexible crossovers...and the potential to upgrade if Windows 8 ever supports Google Maps.I just fucking hope that the FM reception and such is acceptable as at my age I listen to a fair amount of talk radio.

I would have questions when I do my car PC.
I am not doing a carPC as the Nav systems for cars blow goats. This will be Android based.
Really curious how you are making it work. Particularly the volume overlay. Is this piggybacking off another system? Would you use the Android tablet as a front end then run the audio directly into a PC?
Pretend the PC doesn't exist. The PC for me will only be so I can run 3 way active, ie a more flexible replacement for a miniDSP. Found a PC for basically the same price as the mini so why not smile.png

I don't have it all figured out. I need a different tablet as the Tab 2 will not allow the use of a USB hub and that is a pre-requisite as the steering wheel controls, FM Antenna, Hard drive, backup camera and other peripherals will be USB.

how will the pc be powered and so forth? do you have to power down the pc manually before shutting the car off? 

also, mini dsp's had a price cut recently. at least the 2x4 models i believe.

Since I have to add a Keyless go my plan was to add a trigger to start the PC when the car unlocks. Ought to give it enough of a headstart to come to life by the time I hit the go button.

PC is more flexible than the miniDSP.

I don't know who Bale is, nor have I heard of any of those movies (except maybe Batman begins...but not sure) but that is ridiculous.

ROFL. Just noticed enjoy none's location.

ROFL. Just noticed enjoy none's location.

You're welcome.

Their website lists it as a non-Turbo, but Autotrader as one. Price at $49k it better be a Turbo...

Ford wanted 8 grand less for the exploder sport.

tongue.png

Yuk.

I really don't know how they sell cars.  WIth my discount, I can buy new.  People who don't get what I get, why on Earth do they buy?  I priced a Mustang 2 years ago.  $39K after all was said and done.  $39K!  For a Mustang!  Granted, I LOVE Mustangs, but it's a MUSTANG.  Why would I pay that for that?  And the Shelby?  Seriously?  $70K?  And people buy them?????!!!!!

Everybody loves a muff stain