Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

The rental I have is a traverse.

At first blush, Fucking awesome. After 10 min, garbage compared to the edge or whatever ford has in the same vein. The bow tie tried to church it up by putting stitching through it's foam like fake leather dash, and the entertainment system is actually a chore to use. I want to pull over to change radio stations.

Buttons are metal touch sensitive goofy things like the original PS3 has for the power button. Only these don't work unless you push harder than you would a normal button.

The Edge is the worst Ford too. Should be replaced pretty soon wink.png

That box thing was worse than the edge. But the sync and the interior of the edge are better than the traverse.

I like not getting 7mpg though.

The Flex?  I love the Flex!  Actually, I prefer the Lincoln MKT counterpart, but still like the Flex as well.  The Edge is poop.

I do like the 6 series but why so cheap?

I do like the 6 series but why so cheap?

Not sure. That dealership gets a shit load of nice cars at low prices.

Sweet. FM antenna adapter for my tablet arrived today. Now I get to see if I can truly make the Droid work as a fully functional front end for a car.I've already figured out:Steering wheel controlsBlue tooth dialing (need a parrot or the like for audio)Overlays with volume controls on all screensVoice commandGPSRear cameraInternetInstant on boot timeUSB HDD storage for all music/videoWireless screen mirroring for rear videoAnd a bunch of other things.Going to add a PC for safe measure as well. This will allow me rather flexible crossovers...and the potential to upgrade if Windows 8 ever supports Google Maps.I just fucking hope that the FM reception and such is acceptable as at my age I listen to a fair amount of talk radio.

I would have questions when I do my car PC.

I am not doing a carPC as the Nav systems for cars blow goats. This will be Android based.

Really curious how you are making it work. Particularly the volume overlay. Is this piggybacking off another system? Would you use the Android tablet as a front end then run the audio directly into a PC?

Pretend the PC doesn't exist. The PC for me will only be so I can run 3 way active, ie a more flexible replacement for a miniDSP. Found a PC for basically the same price as the mini so why not smile.png

I don't have it all figured out. I need a different tablet as the Tab 2 will not allow the use of a USB hub and that is a pre-requisite as the steering wheel controls, FM Antenna, Hard drive, backup camera and other peripherals will be USB.

how will the pc be powered and so forth? do you have to power down the pc manually before shutting the car off? 

also, mini dsp's had a price cut recently. at least the 2x4 models i believe.

Since I have to add a Keyless go my plan was to add a trigger to start the PC when the car unlocks. Ought to give it enough of a headstart to come to life by the time I hit the go button.

PC is more flexible than the miniDSP.

Gotcha. 

Im curious how you'll access the pc for tuning? My first idea was to run vga/dvi cable up and usb upfront and sit a lcd monitor on the passenger seat. Not the most elegant solution. Then i was wondering if you could use the android tablet and a remote access app to access the pc. Your would probably want to add a bluetooth keyboard and mouse to the tablet. 

Apprently its possible, 

sorry for all the questions, this sounds like a pretty awesome project.

Or use the el cheapo method and have a switch to convert from VGA to composite and go in the rear camera port. Won't be good resolution, but enough. USB port in the car for a keyboard and call it a day.

*sits in car in reverse with the e-brake on to tune, rofl.

Or use the el cheapo method and have a switch to convert from VGA to composite and go in the rear camera port. Won't be good resolution, but enough. USB port in the car for a keyboard and call it a day.

That's some ghetto shit yo.

The shop thinks they can fix my truck up. I get the rental until the 29th.

I have no clue how they will fix it for under the value of that truck. Fucking crazy shit.

drive by.......

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Actually depending on the Adcom it may have a trigger in the back for that purpose. My older one does.

It has a switched and unswitched port but that is on the pre amp itself, which is what I need to control. How do you do an ac relay. Is it pretty cheap?

Dem beats, have you heard of SARMs? Maybe from your involvement in powerlifting? If you have, do you have any input of knowledge of them? I ask because you seem to know quite a bit on the topic.

I do know quite a bit. They are not truely androgens but contact the androgen receptor. Dumbed down for performance enhancement reasons, they can help build muscle without complele destroying your natural testosterone production.

The FDA hasn't put them in the androgen category yet so they are not illeagal in the same severity. Some people combine them with SERMS after they use strong drugs. They feel it helps them "keep their gains".

still legal to buy at the moment. Amazing gain and weight loss from what I have been reading. Sounds legit to me. Less side affects and a fraction of the price of my last gear cycle.

Not nearly the same awesome results. Not even 75% of the same. But yes, it works.

Sadly, I've been having such a hard time loosing weight, I would start considering more stuff.

Gym time is good. Getting good workouts in but it feels like my stomach is just getting bigger (only place I store weight)

That's some ghetto shit yo.

Yep, but for the initial tuning I'll use a real monitor, it'll just be for updating shit when in the car. Not so concerned. I suppose I could also just pull into my garage and Teamviewer into the beast and use my laptop. That is the backup and perhaps primary method, lol

Actually depending on the Adcom it may have a trigger in the back for that purpose. My older one does.

It has a switched and unswitched port but that is on the pre amp itself, which is what I need to control. How do you do an ac relay. Is it pretty cheap?
$20 IIRC. Not exactly sure though as it was years ago when I bought mine. Some take a bit of voltage on the front end to flip the relay. I think mine are running at 12v. I can open a box and see, but if you aren't going to pursue it I am not breaking her open. It took a while to find the damn relay.

If you are having a hard time keep a log of everything you eat and post it here daily. I guarantee even if we don't comment it'll fix your problem.

So I setup a test drive on an 08 CTT and the fuckers sold it 15 minutes before I got there. Was going to compare with a 2012 S which they sold too. WTF, am I Ryan?

Not for a couple weeks, I think Aidan's first day of school is the 9th or some shit.

If you are having a hard time keep a log of everything you eat and post it here daily. I guarantee even if we don't comment it'll fix your problem.

That. Until you know what is going in and write it down you don't know anything. I ate nothing but chicken breast or fish 3-4 meals a day. Weighed out. Same or similar vegis weighed out. 3-4 protein shakes of 40 grams. Post work out 60grams of sugar and 30 grams of protein.

I did that 6 days a week. Almost perfect for 2.5 years.

That is extreme but it helped me realise what my body needs.

So I setup a test drive on an 08 CTT and the fuckers sold it 15 minutes before I got there. Was going to compare with a 2012 S which they sold too. WTF, am I Ryan?

starting to look that way Champ

mr ray came out of no where and made his 16001 post.. wild

drive by.......

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee slayer.gif

Drive back!