Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

That chair looks awesome Neal!

Thank you, Adrian, Jordan, and Rick. :)

T-shirt design is ready, cars are nearly ready, Project Stupid will see the first competition on Sunday. We even have a spare amp to run the lowest possible class. Fingers crossed I can make the box fit better in the Jeep :lol:

Do you guys think that a straight razor would cause less irritation than a regular double edge safety razor?

While I love my Braun, it takes longer to get a decent shave with that than it does to lather up. The Braun can be used in the car or at work though. Some days I'm even giving my face a second clean up in the afternoon.

Must be all that superman growth hormone, and bull shark testosterone.

I know I will never use a Fucking cartridge razor again. Even using a brand new one before an event the other day, I still got some burn.

I shave only 10-15 days or so. Gotta leave the ginger beard show, so people know why I don't have a soul. 

My boss gets on me about it. He's 90% joking, but when the big boss is in town they want us baby smooth.

Some guys wear a beard but you can really tell he doesn't like it. Even if the guy looks much better with a beard and he trims it meticulously, the higher ups don't like it.

I have to shave every other day with a razor.

If not I have a beard in about a week.

If I use something like a mach 3 and go in several directions, I have unacceptable stubble in 1-1.5 days.

This all started when I was looking for an after, or preshave oil or balsm that would keep my face feeling better. I have a postshave balsm but it doesn't do shit for the electric razor burn.

Having to wear a tie everyday isn't helping. I get to choose to be clean shaven or have a red irritated neck and face. My general inflammation disorder doesn't help I'm sure.

Anyway, when looking into a face remedy I came across this engineer type dude who made a good argument that multiple blades make for a worse shave and cartridge blades are not only crap quality but full of bacteria etcetc.

So one edge is preferable, and ideally it souldnt have a guard as the guard itself can mat down the hair. So even a well designed safety razor with a new blade will still cause more irritation than a straight blade.

I'm overthinking shit. Just curious if you all had an opinion.

Looks like I found the tweeter for the Miata install:

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/scanspeak-soft-dome-tweeters/scanspeak-illuminator-d2004/6020-00-tweeter/

FS is 600Hz and by the frequency response graph I could get away with crossing it as low as 1k, should pair up well with the Extremis. They're also small, which is nice in a small car. 

If I use something like a mach 3 and go in several directions, I have unacceptable stubble in 1-1.5 days.

This all started when I was looking for an after, or preshave oil or balsm that would keep my face feeling better. I have a postshave balsm but it doesn't do shit for the electric razor burn.

Having to wear a tie everyday isn't helping. I get to choose to be clean shaven or have a red irritated neck and face. My general inflammation disorder doesn't help I'm sure.

Anyway, when looking into a face remedy I came across this engineer type dude who made a good argument that multiple blades make for a worse shave and cartridge blades are not only crap quality but full of bacteria etcetc.

So one edge is preferable, and ideally it souldnt have a guard as the guard itself can mat down the hair. So even a well designed safety razor with a new blade will still cause more irritation than a straight blade.

So going with an old-fashioned razor should do the trick and keep irritation down? One reason why I hate shaving is the irritation I get on my neck. 

Here is what I found that doesn't sound like fluff and is different than modern shaving. I'll skip the pre and post shave info as it is really skin specific and I am still reading. It wet shaving cannot be done with a multi blade razor effectively according to what I am finding.

#1 Using a shaving brush with shave soap or cream is the biggest step one. The bristles on a brush exfoliate your skin, lift debris and dead skin along with the hairs. Using your hands mats the hair down. Even if you use an oil or preshave ointment the brush and foam you make with the brush and not from a can work to get the hair read and keeps it moist for the cut.

#2 One blade means that you can always have your face "wet". The closeness of the blades on those multi blade units means the first blade cuts and removes any lubricant and the rest of the blades just drag on dry skin. So the first blade cuts hair. The rest just scrape skin and collect gunk.

#3 You can clean a straight razor and a double edge safety. And safety blades are $1 a pop for then vs up to $5 for mach 3 and such. Maybe more. So it is more cost effective to replace your safety every shave than your multi blade 2 times a week. So either way it's cheeper and cleaner. Cleaner means less bacteria on your face.

The argument for a straight razor is that it has no guiding edge, so you can effectively have your face as perfectly prepped as can be. The safety razor has a "comb" that leases the razor. It's supposed to help prep the skin, but technically it's going to remove some of the lather before the razor gets there.

This is another part that made sense too.

#4 Traditional razors are heavy for a reason. The weight with a really sharp blade is all you need for pressure. Pushing on your face with a cartridge razor to get close just means more irritating drag as the other blades follow the first cut.

One guy mentioned that the cartridge blade has one benefit, swivel heads and making it pretty hard to cut yourself.

gotta shave everyday in the military...boo...

Wow Matt! I just shave every other day. Never really put that much thought into it. I do use mark Anthony after shave balm and shaving cream my wife and daughter use on their legs. That is it.

I wouldn't even think about it if my neck didn't get some irritated after I shave.

It's just more shit to spend money on. My electric is nice to have but even that bugs my skin if I really go over my face to get super smooth.

Hey Sean... Why can I wash my wool socks, but not my wool suit?!??!!??

:D

Edited by dem beats

biggrin.png

I itch just thinking about it

biggrin.png

I itch just thinking about it

All my nicer wools are the most comfortable thing I can wear.

Aside from shorts.

The cheep ones I got are like pure burning hell.

MotherFucking Rock Auto!  This is the second fucked up order in a row.  The bastards shipped me a core return instead of the new part.  Fucking stupid.  When you pick an unsealed box with oil stains all over it, that should tell you to stop and check it out before shipping it.  How fucking retarded.

MotherFucking Rock Auto! This is the second fucked up order in a row. The bastards shipped me a core return instead of the new part. Fucking stupid. When you pick an unsealed box with oil stains all over it, that should tell you to stop and check it out before shipping it. How fucking retarded.

That is seriously retarded of them.

I HAVE to shave every 12 hours otherwise I stubble up. If I use a mach 3 I can shave once a day and it is really fast. Wait a day and it sucks. Biggest key is using REALLY fucking hot water to rinse them, shake well, and even use a hair dryer to keep them dry. DULL blades irritate, sharp don't. At least to me.

I HAVE to shave every 12 hours otherwise I stubble up. If I use a mach 3 I can shave once a day and it is really fast. Wait a day and it sucks. Biggest key is using REALLY fucking hot water to rinse them, shake well, and even use a hair dryer to keep them dry. DULL blades irritate, sharp don't. At least to me.

Looks like I found the tweeter for the Miata install:

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/scanspeak-soft-dome-tweeters/scanspeak-illuminator-d2004/6020-00-tweeter/

FS is 600Hz and by the frequency response graph I could get away with crossing it as low as 1k, should pair up well with the Extremis. They're also small, which is nice in a small car.

You won't get a healthy 1k out of them, but they are nice and do dig. Start at 1500/24 and carefully step down