Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Tirefryr, on 03 Nov 2013 - 21:10, said:

///M5, on 03 Nov 2013 - 18:12, said:

Nothing popped you over the edge/

Yes, I just rebuilt the entire front end on the Lincoln, and now I need to do the rear. I love this car, but it's quickly becoming a money-pit. Every car I get has either been a beater, or so nice I never drive it, so I'm just going to spend some money on a good daily driver I shouldn't have to do more than routine maintenance on for 10 years.
Yeah, I'd be getting rid of that one for sure! Find yourself a trusty, clean daily driver. Keep it clean, drive it for a year and sell it for what you bought it for. There will always be somebody out there who'll want your car at your asking price.

I just went out and got a vehicle to drive throught the winter, a Subaru Legacy. I picked it up for $2000 under nada book and thats all i had to do was replace the power steering pump and rear brake pads. Easy fix and ill make money on this car in the spring when i sell it.

Edited by ChILL

Green coffee from the red threat.

Lol

I know :)

139.9db on 2 6.5 DD subs, not shabby

Sad part is that it's a church

h15107C36.jpg

Is there possibly anything better that beer besides woman?

a woman bringing you more beer?

a woman bringing you more beer?

Just got the Happy Gilmore image. Yep, woman bringing more beer ftw

Adrian  is a monster

There we go, corrected. 

hrm, i didnt go digging into older forum posts, very nice

We ripped a spider right after the competition because we got used speakers and one had a worse spider design. It would reach xsus quicker and the cones would hit. Pretty confident we can pull off a better score with 2 identical speakers. 

Finally ordered oil for the Miata. Going with Motul 300v :neil: 

And I'm thinking about switching to Motul 8100 in the Jeep on the next oil change. 

And the Gates racing timing kit left LA on the 27th. Get here fast(er)!!!

Trying to  get all my ducks in a row so I'll be ready for Hungaroring in spring :D

Trying to  get all my ducks in a row so I'll be ready for Hungaroring in spring biggrin.png

Sweet!

I gotta make myself get back into working out, as well as figure out a career move.Really thinking I would be happier owning a bar and grill.J

Have you worked and managed one before?
Worked and managed a bar (everything besides payroll)Worked and assistant managed in a resturant before.Grew up in the resturant industry (family owns part of the Hobart corporation), and have been around bars and resturants behind the scenes since I can remember.Part of the reasn for wantng to do this, is seeing a needs for a good mom and pop style one. Not one thats out to charge 4.75 a bottle for bs beer. The nightlife around here has the potential to be amazing with the right atmosphere, location, menu, and pricing. All the bars around here lack at least one (usually very badly) or more of these things.J
Ok, all good. Tons of my friends tell me to open a restaurant...but none with restaurant/bar experience. It is a different beast. Just wanted to make sure allure didn't overpower reality for you. ;)
I just gotta start looking into properties and business plans. I know I can get a VA small business loan, and the plan is to utilize that with enough capital left to cover a minimum of 6 months operating expenses so we open with some head space.For the menu, I want to keep the kitchen open 11-11 sun-thur and 11-1 fri and sat. Limited menu from 11-1 on fri and sat to finger 'drunk' foods.Decor will be sports bar based since chains aside, the 'sports bar' out here is not really a sports bar, but more of a bar with a sports after thought.J
Location, location, location, location. Did I mention location?

I've been scouting for the past few weeks. Looking to buy a pre-existing business to avoid 100k in costs for renovations out of the starting gate.

J

Also went snd got some more ink done tonight. The physical pain seemed to help relieve some of the emotional pain.

Got one I had been planning anyways, this just made me move up the timeline.

J

Yes, I just rebuilt the entire front end on the Lincoln, and now I need to do the rear.  I love this car, but it's quickly becoming a money-pit.  Every car I get has either been a beater, or so nice I never drive it, so I'm just going to spend some money on a good daily driver I shouldn't have to do more than routine maintenance on for 10 years.

Stop buying Ford products.

So. Much. Spam. 

There must've been 10 spam topics today so far. 

Yes, I just rebuilt the entire front end on the Lincoln, and now I need to do the rear.  I love this car, but it's quickly becoming a money-pit.  Every car I get has either been a beater, or so nice I never drive it, so I'm just going to spend some money on a good daily driver I shouldn't have to do more than routine maintenance on for 10 years.

Stop buying Ford products.

Fix Or Repair Daily? 

I've actually been fairly happy with my rust bucket Ford...  But then I don't expect much of anything out of it.  

I know Seth has himself a hate boner for Ford's. My poor old expedition ran longer for less $ than any vehicle I have ever had.

If I had not tried to fix so much of it myself, it would be even less problems.

My old Chevy Cavalier is still running, but sucked dick every day. The wife's cobalt is even worse. The electric system is pure fucked.