Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Seth, you don't see problems with Lexus?

I'm truely curious.

I see less issues with Lexus than any other manufacturer. Oddly, I see a lot more trouble out of Toyota. Don't ask me to explain why, but it's true.

Has anyone seen the new stingrays in person?

I haven't yet. They are way the fuck out of my budget new, but they look interesting.

Not a good winter car though.

2 years ago tongue.png

I absolutely hate looking for a job. Now that the wife and I have moved out to California I'm in need of a job, no luck yet. I hate sitting around doing nothing more than anything though .

And in Beijing. Smells like blackjack cigs everywhere

ordered some char keow teow at 1:15am, lol. Fuckin' yummy

Just replacing the water pump. No biggee.

MRjmiB8.jpg?1

KUTwYTch.jpg

lol i'm perplexed too.  VW style engine tray and tail lights that are 2000+?

Damn it Matt, you shouldn't have started talking about green coffee! I blame it all on you. Lol

One of those Smart cars. Which obviously aren't.

Just replacing the water pump. No biggee.

MRjmiB8.jpg?1

KUTwYTch.jpg

actually looks like a 30 minute job... seriously.

One of those Smart cars. Which obviously aren't.

Those fuckin things are ridiculous. I had one in the shop a month or 2 ago with less then 6000 miles on it and an MIL on. It had EVAP codes, so I told her to go back to the dealer. They told her they didn't work on them and that EVAP codes were not warranty issues. Fuckin douchebags. I had to put an EVAP canister and vent valve on it. It was surprisingly simple to work on.

Hell you might not even need a jack or jackstands, just pick up the back end and prop it up with a couple 2x4's :lol:

Hell you might not even need a jack or jackstands, just pick up the back end and prop it up with a couple 2x4's laugh.png

Exactly what I did with my beetle...although we didn't usually prop it up, just walked it over the motor. Drop the motor on a used tire and bam!

How long without a lift?

Maybe 45 minutes. As per...

Hell you might not even need a jack or jackstands, just pick up the back end and prop it up with a couple 2x4's laugh.png

Exactly what I did with my beetle...although we didn't usually prop it up, just walked it over the motor. Drop the motor on a used tire and bam!

That was exactly what I thought of when I saw it sitting there. We could yank Beetle motors out in 15 minutes. I knew this Mexican dude in SoCal who was in to the whole beetle street racing scene. They would run around Santa Anna stealing motors in the middle of the night. From the time they pulled up to the time they pulled away was less then 15 minutes.

Only thing hard on them is the sheet metal around it, but if you only want the motor...