Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Daewoo Kalos came in AWD, would be under $30k...and after 25k and 5 years of filth you could throw it away.

as an avid sunglasses collector (ex wife worked for an eye doctor office), i have quite the collection of sunglasses.  I have everything from oakley, to mj, to costas, to nikes.  out of all the sunglasses i have, i prefer my nikes. 

And Cody, I assume you know my level of "seriousness"

oh I do

And then for water penetration it is a serious joke. MJ's put at least 2-3 more fish in the boat everytime I go out. Best Muskie day ever I owe to them as well. I snaked out 8 fish that my buddy who was on the front deck never saw until I had already plopped a lure on them.

To be fair, I don't fish really. I use my glasses will lounging and sometimes cruising around the bay

Mine leaves shit on the counter in the kitchen. Drives me nuts. I'm so ADD though that I really can't handle it. Fucking explodes.

I'm the same way. The garbage can is a few steps away and she just leaves the shit on the counter. It REALLY drives me nuts

5k miles per year?

Are you Amish?

You forget I live in SOUTHERN MN, NORTHERN IA. Its sooooo small down here. Hell, I live in a town with 12k population. It might be a little more miles then that, but maybe only like 2k more.

Small town gives more reason to drive, to get the hell out of Iowa.  My family has always driven though, 20-30k miles for a year is pretty normal.  

we get out every weekend, but its still not a lot of miles though. Sioux Falls SD and Mankato MN are some places we really enjoy visiting. Everything we need in a fairly short drive

Where in IA do you live? Have some good friends in remsen/le mars

Where in IA do you live? Have some good friends in remsen/le mars

Spirit Lake. I absolutely hate this state so I usually just say I'm from Fairmont MN lol

If you grew up in MN you would understand

Oaks used to have some that were nice. They were metal and strong construction. This last time shopping I had to look hard for sturdy frames from them. Maybe that shop doesn't sell a bunch. It was a sunglasses hut.

They tout the highest level of optical clarity. And my eyes couldn't see it. What I did see was the MJ lenses allowed me to use a lens that was not as dark, and still let my eyes relax. The polarization is really the key. They only products I have used that came close were winter mountain lenses. Julbo's maybe? I cannot remember. But those were fantastic, but allowed 5-10% of light through or some absurd level. Great for stopping snow blindness on a mountain, but not so great for everyday use.

I also miss the way Oakleys fit. When I was in highschool, they had a much much more comfortable hold on my fat head. But not so much anymore.

Not one other brands in the store had flexible bow hinges, glass lenses, and high polarization. I would love to pay less, but no other brand has those features. Also free bow and hinge repair for life. The MJ wraps do not fit perfectly, so they had to be molded. The kid who I purchased them from snapped 3 pair of world cups.

I ended up with a random pair that fit better when I went in with the wife.

Shit the cheep nylon and poly carb MJs fit like old time oaks but are way cheeper and still have better optical quality when it comes to polarization.

Same impact resistance if not better too.

Ended up with some more Oakley's. Two pair for less than 1/2 the cost of one Maui Jim's.J

And they last about 1/10th as long. Personally I'd return them. Realize we have different tastes but Oakley lenses are horseshit

My last pair lasted 11 years. Current pair is at 5 years. $225 total investment.

Drop them once and they are jacked. Personally I can't stand a single scratch on my lenses. Oakley's scratch so easily its absurd. I went through 3 pairs in less than a year, bought MJ's and they lasted until they flew off my head at 75mph on the boat. Doh.gif

I drop them daily, wear them as safety glasses when outside. I literally beat the shit out of them and I have no issues what so ever. I find their clarity great as well, especially in the winter with snow blind.

I am not on water much, but when I have been with them, again, no issues.

They have made me a satisfied customer with no reason to stray, especially in comparison to a substantially more expensive product.

I am the cheepest money pinching bastard. If something does the best job for cheeper I do it. If I can't prove that something is better than the rest, I will sometimes just not buy stuff and suffer.

It's one of my worst traits. I live with cars I hate because I do the math and realize how cheep it is. My house isn't finished because I can't make final choices....

Wanting the best and not wanting to pay is a horrible combination. It's crippling at times.

Maybe I'm not alone. Anyone else fall asleep running this or that scenarios in their head trying to come up with solutions?

I loose sleep over almost any decision that isn't aesthetic related.

Ended up with some more Oakley's. Two pair for less than 1/2 the cost of one Maui Jim's.J

And they last about 1/10th as long. Personally I'd return them. Realize we have different tastes but Oakley lenses are horseshit

My last pair lasted 11 years. Current pair is at 5 years. $225 total investment.

Drop them once and they are jacked. Personally I can't stand a single scratch on my lenses. Oakley's scratch so easily its absurd. I went through 3 pairs in less than a year, bought MJ's and they lasted until they flew off my head at 75mph on the boat. Doh.gif

I drop them daily, wear them as safety glasses when outside. I literally beat the shit out of them and I have no issues what so ever. I find their clarity great as well, especially in the winter with snow blind.

They have made me a satisfied customer with no reason to stray, especially in comparison to a substantially more expensive product.

IMO if sunglasses last more than a summer either A. You don't go out or B. some kind of voodoo magic, it seems like every pair I  get at the beginning of the summer seems to be lost in a lake or forgotten somewhere.

What style do you wear Ryan?

IMO if sunglasses last more than a summer either A. You don't go out or B. some kind of voodoo magic, it seems like every pair I get at the beginning of the summer seems to be lost in a lake or forgotten somewhere.

As soon as I got a pair I cared about that stopped for me. YMMV.

I just noticed then more. I used to go through 3-4 pair a year of cheapos.

What about us guys and gals that have to wear prescription glasses. We have to make them last for many years.

What about us guys and gals that have to wear prescription glasses. We have to make them last for many years.

Truth. I hated wearing glasses.

Easier then contacts when you have to work with safety glasses.

The ole lady wears MJ prescription sunglasses

I bet those cost some money.

Think they are around $550. Actually not too much more than no name glasses

I see it the opposite. It's easier to wear cheap safety glasses that work provides then to get prescription ones.

I see it the opposite. It's easier to wear cheap safety glasses that work provides then to get prescription ones.

A lot of places won't let us wear regular safety glasses if you wear contacts.