Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I am beginning the road to quitting smoking again. I have been smoking longer then most here have been alive.

So I bought an e-cig last night. It is just a disposable, but I wanted to see how it "smoked". If I smoke it like I smoke a cig, it burns like crazy. My throat got sore as fuck. I take long, deep drags off my cigs, and these things don't afford that. So I have had to shorten my drags, which was relatively simple and took little effort... it just came naturally. Typically I smoke a pack and a half to 2 packs a day. Today I smoked 5 cigarettes.

I decided to take the next step and buy the starter pack. This provides me with 2 batteries, a charger "pack" that you charge and keep your batteries charged in at all times and it houses 3 cartridges, 5 smoke cartridges, a USB cable (for charging) and a vehicle adapter. I decided on the "Blu" E-Cigs as they are available nearly everywhere. I know they are not the best, but I don't really care.

Negatives about the disposable (still charging the starter pack)... After over 30 years of smoking I have grown accustomed to the feel of one in my hand and parked in the corner of my mouth. The Blu is MUCH heavier, and a lot more slick. So it feels odd in my hand, and working with a smoke parked in my mouth is just not going to happen. The vent hole is located just ahead of the "filter". This is where smokers hold their cigs. So roughly 50% of the time I block the hole and cannot drag on the cig.

Positives; No smell. I hate the smell of cigarettes. I smoked roughly 80% less cigarettes on my first day.

Other thoughts... Occasionally I like to smoke dabs, or BHO. A very good friend of mine makes it and just gives it to me. I seriously use it very rarely (maybe 2 grams a year), so it is no loss to him. I have found that I can also use the e-cig as a vaporizer for my dabs. I Usually toss a small dab at the end of a cigarette to imbibe. But I will not lose my preferred method if I can make this work. No, I do not use any other drugs, but a dab is pure happiness...

My grandpa smoked for 60 years. Hasn't for over 10 and says he still gets the urge.

Driving a c300 atm. Just. Tested. A 2012 x5 5.0 --- NO

5th one...

3564e21eeca8b81f4b8fcb6ad2e8dd8e.jpg

Edited by ssh

I am beginning the road to quitting smoking again. I have been smoking longer then most here have been alive.

So I bought an e-cig last night. It is just a disposable, but I wanted to see how it "smoked". If I smoke it like I smoke a cig, it burns like crazy. My throat got sore as fuck. I take long, deep drags off my cigs, and these things don't afford that. So I have had to shorten my drags, which was relatively simple and took little effort... it just came naturally. Typically I smoke a pack and a half to 2 packs a day. Today I smoked 5 cigarettes.

I decided to take the next step and buy the starter pack. This provides me with 2 batteries, a charger "pack" that you charge and keep your batteries charged in at all times and it houses 3 cartridges, 5 smoke cartridges, a USB cable (for charging) and a vehicle adapter. I decided on the "Blu" E-Cigs as they are available nearly everywhere. I know they are not the best, but I don't really care.

Negatives about the disposable (still charging the starter pack)... After over 30 years of smoking I have grown accustomed to the feel of one in my hand and parked in the corner of my mouth. The Blu is MUCH heavier, and a lot more slick. So it feels odd in my hand, and working with a smoke parked in my mouth is just not going to happen. The vent hole is located just ahead of the "filter". This is where smokers hold their cigs. So roughly 50% of the time I block the hole and cannot drag on the cig.

Positives; No smell. I hate the smell of cigarettes. I smoked roughly 80% less cigarettes on my first day.

Other thoughts... Occasionally I like to smoke dabs, or BHO. A very good friend of mine makes it and just gives it to me. I seriously use it very rarely (maybe 2 grams a year), so it is no loss to him. I have found that I can also use the e-cig as a vaporizer for my dabs. I Usually toss a small dab at the end of a cigarette to imbibe. But I will not lose my preferred method if I can make this work. No, I do not use any other drugs, but a dab is pure happiness...

I would not go with the Blu/etc but they just suck in general.

I use a http://www.joyetech.com/product/details.php?gno=128 and I absolutely love it, you can change out the tanks, custom mods, different Juices, etc.

The one i uses allows you to adjust the voltage etc and usually the vapor isnt as hot, unless you like to vape high nicotine content stuff.

Plus there are a million flavors from normal tobacco, menthol, and crazy stuff like cappuccino, banana, mango, etc.

also there are different strengths of juices, Generally 6mg is considered low, 11mg, medium; 18mg, high; and 24mg, very high.

If you don't want to go with the big Joyetech ones the Ego Twists are excellent and allow you to do alot of the same stuff you can do with a bigger vape

http://ejuicemonkeys.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28&products_id=581

I use a http://www.joyetech.com/product/details.php?gno=128 and I absolutely love it, you can change out the tanks, custom mods, different Juices, etc.

The one i uses allows you to adjust the voltage etc and usually the vapor isnt as hot, unless you like to vape high nicotine content stuff.

Plus there are a million flavors from normal tobacco, menthol, and crazy stuff like cappuccino, banana, mango, etc.

also there are different strengths of juices, Generally 6mg is considered low, 11mg, medium; 18mg, high; and 24mg, very high.

If you don't want to go with the big Joyetech ones the Ego Twists are excellent and allow you to do alot of the same stuff you can do with a bigger vape

http://ejuicemonkeys.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28&products_id=581

when I was working for Walgreens, I saw probably 50% of Blu/disposable ecigs come back not working.

I tried the "cigarette" looking ones at first too Seth and hated them because they bothered my throat and continued to smoke cigarettes. Then I bought a joyetech similar to the one that Julian posted WITHOUT the adjustable voltage and continued to smoke cigarettes. 10 days ago I said I'll give it one more shot and bought an "ego c twist" with adjustable voltage and haven't touched a cigarette since then even while drinking which is my hardest time with quitting, and usually when I buy a pack and start smoking again. The battery lasts me ~36 hours, and I have a Kangertech tank that lasts a few days without needing to be refilled. The whole setup cost about $80 but after some calculations it should save me at least $90 a month. I don't think I'll buy another pack of cigarettes again.  

when I was working for Walgreens, I saw probably 50% of Blu/disposable ecigs come back not working.

I had a "smoke tip" and hated it.

My mom works at a liquor store that sells the blu/disposable ecigs and they are always having people come in to complain about them not working

I tried the "cigarette" looking ones at first too Seth and hated them because they bothered my throat and continued to smoke cigarettes. Then I bought a joyetech similar to the one that Julian posted WITHOUT the adjustable voltage and continued to smoke cigarettes. 10 days ago I said I'll give it one more shot and bought an "ego c twist" with adjustable voltage and haven't touched a cigarette since then even while drinking which is my hardest time with quitting, and usually when I buy a pack and start smoking again. The battery lasts me ~36 hours, and I have a Kangertech tank that lasts a few days without needing to be refilled. The whole setup cost about $80 but after some calculations it should save me at least $90 a month. I don't think I'll buy another pack of cigarettes again.  

It depends on the juice you get and the strength, I typically vape 15% which is great for me. But the stronger you get the more it burns your throat 15% is a great middle but if you were a heavy smoker 20-24% is where youd need to be to get the same nicotine buzz.

I have a King tank, single coil rebuild-able, I love it.

It depends on the juice you get and the strength, I typically vape 15% which is great for me. But the stronger you get the more it burns your throat 15% is a great middle but if you were a heavy smoker 20-24% is where youd need to be to get the same nicotine buzz.

The funny thing is that I have realized that I don't have any real nicotine addiction or need, I vape 0mg now and I am fine. The nicotine level does not affect the throat feel or taste, the pg/vg ratio is what affects the throat feel and taste.

The funny thing is that I have realized that I don't have any real nicotine addiction or need, I vape 0mg now and I am fine. The nicotine level does not affect the throat feel or taste, the pg/vg ratio is what affects the throat feel and taste.

Ive noticed higher strength juices burn more considerably than lower. our local smoke shop has tanks there you  can throw on your vapes and try them all out.

Hopefully they don't find any issues with the ingredients, either way this is weening me out of the habit I think.

Hopefully they don't find any issues with the ingredients, either way I think this is weening me out of the habit I think.

Yeah I vape CaliVape (appropriately) lol good stuff.

please do yourself a favor and try these http://www.halocigs.com/turkish-tobacco-cartomizers.html this brand is great when it comes to flavor and natural feel. The Blu cigs taste like your smoking meth.

5th one...3564e21eeca8b81f4b8fcb6ad2e8dd8e.jpg

What do you expect. Being smart gets you detention these days. You probably seen the movie Idiocracy. I do believe this is what the US is coming to

please do yourself a favor and try these http://www.halocigs.com/turkish-tobacco-cartomizers.html this brand is great when it comes to flavor and natural feel. The Blu cigs taste like your smoking meth.

Imo the ego twists are the best for customizing taste strength and temp.

Agreed, my 1.8 ohm atomizer and ~4 volts depending on the flavor/mood is always perfect.

Also, tomorrow is step one on the bar hunt. Meeting with a local agent to sign some NDA paperwork for doing some research on local establishments on the market.

Time to see whats available for currently running or recently closed locations and go from there.

End goal (if I have my way) is to have a place lined up soon, and ideally to be able to do an opening by July at latest. But I am taking my time to look and research my ass off.

J

Why would you need to sign an NDA?  That seems like bad mojo to me.  I'd be VERY careful with what it says.

I'll be thuroughly reading it.

I would expect the NDA is because some of the places they are selling (not all) don't want to be public with their decision to sell.

Trust me, I too am a bit skeptical, but I'll see what it has to say and go from there.

J

I really need to try e-cigs again. The BLU was ok, but sucked if you are a smoker who likes a stronger taste.

FYI my smoke of choice Camel Wides is rather strong for most smokers.

J

I really need to try e-cigs again. The BLU was ok, but sucked if you are a smoker who likes a stronger taste.

J

If you like the concept of hookah you'd love vaping tons of options for flavor and strengths of juice 24 would probably be best for you

J

If you like the concept of hookah you'd love vaping tons of options for flavor and strengths of juice 24 would probably be best for you