Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

No good drinks tonight, working.

Tomorrow night I have some good home brew to enjoy. Only a quart though.

It has been ageing for about a month with chared oak to add a little flavor.

She really wants a used LOW millage (~20,000 or less) BMW or Mercedes but I have little to no knowledge about them or possible reliability issues but I do know that they are more expensive to work on. I get the dyke comment about the Subaru but I really do like the look of the newer legacy. Any E or S class years/engines to avoid? Same question about a 5 or 7 series?

Also I was considering looking at an V6 Altima, Maxima, or G for myself...should I think twice? Any feedback is appreciated!

The previous body style S class was rated one of the best cars several times over.

All will be expensive to fix, but not as absurdly as I thought originally. If you got an BMW with the letter M before a number or a Benz with the letters AMG on it, expect to pay until your nose bleeds. Again however, not as expensive as I originally thought.

I want passion, prestige, performance, for under $30 with some semblance of reliability or at least not liable to cost me a life savings.

Looks to be near impossible

The previous body style S class was rated one of the best cars several times over.

All will be expensive to fix, but not as absurdly as I thought originally. If you got an BMW with the letter M before a number or a Benz with the letters AMG on it, expect to pay until your nose bleeds. Again however, not as expensive as I originally thought.

No need for AMG or M for her.

Well, after months of looking I've finally purchased a pair of shoes. I ended up with the Nike Air Max + 2013's in white. They fit great, are relatively light and seem to be very comfortable. I like them so far.

Now on to car shopping with the rest of you. Still really liking the Audi A6 though

Well, after months of looking I've finally purchased a pair of shoes. I ended up with the Nike Air Max + 2013's in white. They fit great, are relatively light and seem to be very comfortable. I like them so far.

Now on to car shopping with the rest of you. Still really liking the Audi A6 though

Audi just screams issues to me, idk if that is accurate or not but I just remember hearing a lot of bad things. They sure are pretty though, so if anyone can thumbs up or down for them that would be great.

Oldschool Penn&Teller plus Run D.M.C, instant classic!

Audi just screams issues to me, idk if that is accurate or not but I just remember hearing a lot of bad things. They sure are pretty though, so if anyone can thumbs up or down for them that would be great.
Not an issue. The only issue is the performance aspect. The S6 is far more sexy, but far more pricey

Not an issue. The only issue is the performance aspect. The S6 is far more sexy, but far more pricey

I've been searching since I read your post and I'm liking the A6, and the A4 might even be suitable but I'm not sure if it's big enough. The RS5 is super sexy too but not in the same "class".

I've been searching since I read your post and I'm liking the A6, and the A4 might even be suitable but I'm not sure if it's big enough. The RS5 is super sexy too but not in the same "class".
they are super sweet. When you get in the cockpit its like a fighter jet. So many controls to do so many different things. I am turned on by the A6 personally

Run away from Audi. Run very, very quickly...

NO Das Auto for me. Owned one back in the day and was fun to drive, but spendy to fix and broke down more than I cared for.

I'm watching Sharknado.

Are you also going to watch Spacenado, Stonenado, and Icenado to go with it?  

New ones scare me, old ones were stellar. I've had 3 A6's and amalgamated put on over 180k miles on them with absolutely no unplanned repairs. (ie, only brakes/tires/fluids etc).

If the new ones didn't scare me I'd get an S8 in a heartbeat. Fucking love them.

She really wants a used LOW millage (~20,000 or less) BMW or Mercedes but I have little to no knowledge about them or possible reliability issues but I do know that they are more expensive to work on. I get the dyke comment about the Subaru but I really do like the look of the newer legacy. Any E or S class years/engines to avoid? Same question about a 5 or 7 series?

Also I was considering looking at an V6 Altima, Maxima, or G for myself...should I think twice? Any feedback is appreciated!

The advent of Turbo, Variable Valves and Direct injection are not cheap. Of course that stems across all manufacturers. The problem with the German stuff is all the fucking electronic bullshit they put in. I really wish they'd keep the ECU/Trans PC separate from everything else. Then give me a car with completely mechanical controls and a new powertrain. Of course that means I have to build my own. Same thing happens on snowmobiles now though too...which is why I built my own.

And WAY fucking more than I originally thought. A bad wheel bearing, a tensioner pulley and my bill is going to be close to $5k. I'm absolutely not interested in anything AMG ever again. If I am going to suffer with bills like that it'll be in an Aston Martin. Hell the DB9 may be just as cost effective to repair and run as a 5/7 series these days. Not that much worse anyways. Sort of tells you the price of parts and shit on the kraut sleds. 

I want passion, prestige, performance, for under $30 with some semblance of reliability or at least not liable to cost me a life savings.

Looks to be near impossible

All depends on your definition. For a dyke a legacy does all the above. tongue.png

If you can't tell I am a bit soured right now too. Have a complete stereo headunit setup for a Porsche and am too butt clinched to buy one.

Infiniti is ugly as shit, but I am having a hard time not picking it as the leader.