Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Insurance costs change that much?

Silverado was $550/yr

AMG is $750/yr

No brainer there...

As for the repair, well it isn't about the price of the car to me at all. I'd always rather have cheaper, but I have a right foot to make happy and that isn't particularly easy.

Here, with no speeding tickets in a good while, and only a repair ticket for a tag light being out, insurance for the Mazda's is $1320/6mo.

Seriously? For what amount of coverage? That is horseshit.

Full on both.

My guess was the Silverado needed suspension work or other rotating/moving parts.

Late model Chevy trucks all seem to have problems in MN.

I have said this for years, the south never seams to have problems with the bowtie, but I hear them talk trash about Ford's vs here in colder conditions, every one I know but die hard Ford haters all have problems with Chevy.

Maybe it's the cold, or the chemicals on the road that Ford accidentally uses a better plastic for their boots etc... I don't know.

My family in hot climates all like Chevy truck platforms just fine, everyone up here finds them problematic.

Ford's hate heat and humidity and Chevy can't handle the cold is what I am going with.

Only applies to late model though.... Any old truck has had so much shit done to it it doesn't matter what the problems are as it's just as likely the guy who fixed it fucked it up.

I have found so few mechanics as good as you Seth. Thankfully I get 90% of my work done for extremely cheep.

Insurance costs change that much?

Silverado was $550/yr

AMG is $750/yr

No brainer there...

As for the repair, well it isn't about the price of the car to me at all. I'd always rather have cheaper, but I have a right foot to make happy and that isn't particularly easy.

Here, with no speeding tickets in a good while, and only a repair ticket for a tag light being out, insurance for the Mazda's is $1320/6mo.
Seriously? For what amount of coverage? That is horseshit.
Full on both.
I was more wondering the coverage. I could easily drop my insurance payment by 15% if I lowered my coverage but that sort of defeats the point.

As for Sean's specific costs of repairs, well a (insert German car company name here) dealer and a Chevy dealer charge about the same for labor locally. Not enough an hour to make a difference at least and I know for a fact the American wrenchmen work slower as their customers have more forgiving ideas about their cars being worked on.

Parts are obviously extremely different, and if at an independent shop it would be different, but "warranty work" I'm suprised it was only $5k for the several tines Sean took it in.

My cavalier stearing issue was ~$1200 paid for by Chevy and the wife's cobalt that had a similar problem was more. Some bearing issue too. Warranty and/or recall on both and her fix was billed to the tune of $1700 or so.

Well, after months of looking I've finally purchased a pair of shoes. I ended up with the Nike Air Max + 2013's in white. They fit great, are relatively light and seem to be very comfortable. I like them so far.

Now on to car shopping with the rest of you. Still really liking the Audi A6 though

Audi just screams issues to me, idk if that is accurate or not but I just remember hearing a lot of bad things. They sure are pretty though, so if anyone can thumbs up or down for them that would be great.
Run away from Audi. Run very, very quickly...
Really? Guess I haven't seen the issues. Whats so wrong with them?

I think I might have fixed the spammer negative reputation issue, but we will see.

Looks like winter is here, a few snowflakes and bye-bye traction in the Miata. Time to put on the winter wheels/tires. Similar procedure for the Jeep, although I'm swapping the road tires for mud tires. 

Ok, so I have been having a little issue with my Allan Edmonds. They made a noise like air rushing through the shoe. It turns out my arch has fallen. Not suprising considering all the weight I have gained.

They looked at how the shoe was breaking in and found an answer. Then they gave me free orthodics it help with the the problem, then hooked me up with a pair that were on sale randomly a month ago for the sale price. If these shoes last close to as long as my other shoes I will be sold on them for life.

Free shipping to my house, free orthodics, discounts off my shoes. I'm happy.

I am really glad I went to their store. I have tried them before and no one told me they come in such wide fits and so many styles.

Now I just need to find a shirt/suit guy and I am set.

Went to the new Hubert White store, cool shop, but I might just try brooks brothers. The price there is pretty good. Or try the really little local tailor. Maybe buy shirts from both and then whoever wins gets my business. Every Fucking shirt is made in new jersey anyway if it's made in the US. Or it costs $500

I'm trying not to listen

Cook up some schnitzel and just give in..... Only a matter of time.

I think I might have fixed the spammer negative reputation issue, but we will see.

awesome!

My sub finally showed up today. 15" Crystal cmpx2. Jesus this thing is enormous.

i'm paying 750 a year for full coverage, 500 deductible and not sure what the caps are. haven't shopped around for insurance so i'm not sure if thats high for a 23 yo w/o any tickets or accidents. 

My brother was involved into two accidents before he was 20. i think he's still paying about 3k a year for full coverage on a sentra.

about to hit 215k miles on my car. probably won't bother getting it inspected in february. burns oil, coolant disappearing, tranny on the way out... surprised it made it this long lol. 

Got my Halo G6 today. 78MM batteries, blank carts, and mini tanks. It is soooo nice.

Dem Beats has a tiny cock

LOL!  My edit got edited!

Got my Halo G6 today. 78MM batteries, blank carts, and mini tanks. It is soooo nice.

Halo's are one of the best e-cigs that actually function like cigarettes. I love the mini tanks too, you can't survive without em.

Dem Beats has a tiny cock

LOL!  My edit got edited!

I assumed you wanted him banned.

Halo's are one of the best e-cigs that actually function like cigarettes. I love the mini tanks too, you can't survive without em.

Solid. I appreciate your input. Any suggestions on juice?

I also ordered a Halo Triton. It will be here Wednesday.