Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Does it have push button start?

Yeah, fuck you.

Yeah I figured.

I am not a big fan of push button start, but my wife wanted it and a remote start.

I am not a huge fan of living without it. Not ever taking the key out of your pocket is HUGE. Only thing better would be if the RF tab were in my phone and/or wallet so I don't need to carry the key period.

Congrats on the Caddy. If you have service records and warranty left then I wouldnt have hesitated either. I feel like the year is alittle more important than mileage to an extent. I would rather have a newer with more miles than the opposite.

I do like the heated wheel but I never remember to use it in my wifes, mine has the alcantara wheel so heated isnt a option I think. The seats on the other hand get used every morning its cold. Just sucks they wont come on when using the remote start. Fuckin 26 degrees this morning and my car is outside cause Im working on the dually. I love the keyless start and hate it all at the same time. The coolest feature is that when I walk up to the car and get in it automatically sets the seat, mirrors and steering wheel to my setting. When my wife walks up with her key it remembers her settings. That is the shit.

Now unless my keys are actually in my pocket then I almost daily get out and forget they are in the car and the fucker honks at me and reminds me to get them out, thats cool. But I am constantly looking for my keys because they become not as important. That and the damn remote comes off the actual key often and I actually lost the SRX remote. That seems to be an issue, I like a regular key 75% of the time.

All records, powertrain warranty only...but that I will void in the spring smile.png

I actually didn't care about year (except no first year) but mostly cared about condition. I want something that will look new post buff/wax and stay that way. No sense in spending money on mods on a car that is rusting away.

My wives old ass Volvo moves the seats based on the key as well. Nice feature in particular when she is normal height and I am 6'7"

She won't ever drive the Caddy without me though. Especially once it has mo powa

Yesterday I fixed my in-laws up with a new nontube tv. Yes you read that correct. The FIL is watching tv for the first time all over again.

She won't ever drive the Caddy without me though. Especially once it has mo powa

Sounds like you have lots of fun things to get done to it. I hope to see a build log of some sort as you progress through. :)

I found a local black one with the factory style 24's. Looks sick. I think it's a 10 with close to 80k. Trying to convince wife this one may be it. Have been waiting on my local caddy dealer since the srx is a leSe but no luck yet

Damn, I was wrong. Its a 07 and has the cashmere interior. Love that all the trim is high gloss black though.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail/photos/multiPhotoPopup.jsp?listingId=131017744&tracktype=usedcc#0

WAY overpriced for an 07. I paid WAY less for a 2010.

Agreed,  I paid around that for our 07 a couple years ago with 50k on it. I would however pay 28k for it.  If you paid 30 or less for that 2010 you must be a hell of a negotiator. 

I negotiate for a living and am never emotional. I walked, but they reeled me back in smile.png

wtf? really

x01_454074.jpg

They consider that stealth? Boo.

I negotiate for a living and am never emotional. I walked, but they reeled me back in smile.png

I think I'm going to a negotiation seminar in July, father has been and thought it was very well done and well worth the money.  

I think I'm going to a negotiation seminar in July, father has been and thought it was very well done and well worth the money.

Negotiating is easy. It is ALL about listening and never about talking.

Stereo is awful in it. Curious if the Esky/Yukon... have any "stealth" style boxes available. Have to be a poop ton used if there are and I am not interested in a box. Would go subless if there isn't. I hardly need the sub in the first place.

Tired of your BS.

Get a pair of 18"s for fucks sake.

This!!!  

Stereo is awful in it. Curious if the Esky/Yukon... have any "stealth" style boxes available. Have to be a poop ton used if there are and I am not interested in a box. Would go subless if there isn't. I hardly need the sub in the first place.

Tired of your BS.

Get a pair of 18"s for fucks sake.

This!!!  
Only if I mount them on the outside of the car

I'd like the shop to actually call me though. Obviously a side business for them...

wtf? really

x01_454074.jpg

They consider that stealth? Boo.

Where are the speakers? Super stealth

So I was sick yesterday, and had a migraine.

We changed the POP in the store.... And when I came in this morning to finish because I was a lazy sick fuck yesterday... I found I put up half the wrong stuff and completely forgot about the rest.

I basically wasted yesterday's work and now have double the work today. Thank god I feel a little better today. I'm worn out and need a brake after standing for more than 10 min. Today will be a looooooooooong day.

I did however demolish today's budget with my first sale. I think they could smell my fear and self loathing this morning and needed to make me feel better.

:-)

I think I'm going to just float on the wounded champion sales technique until I feel better.

I have to get the store extra shiny for some onboarding new employees tomorrow morning too. FML.

I didn't even realize the heated steering wheel existed.

Neither did I.

Just seems like a nice convenience but unneeded as hell.J

Since when does need pertain to features in what I drive?

Very good point. I guess to me a heated wheel is not a selling point.

J

I bought the car without so it wasn't the opposite. I did want it though. Heated seats and wheel and you hardly need heat in the car even when it is cold out. Way less drying on the eyes.

Since I am going to re-upholster my seats, I guess it's a good idea to modify them with a heating option.

The opposite sounds good too, cool seats in the summer.

<-turbo noobhttp://www.shop.trickperformanceproducts.com/Stage-1-Hotpipe-kit-Stage-1-hot-pipes.htmAnd a turbo & tune ought to work no?Thought this might be better that doing all custom. Is that crazy?

That is only the hot side piping. You also need the cold side with an intercooler and all the plumbing. Also have to figure out what turbos you want, fuel system upgrades, oiling system for turbos and other odds and ends fittings and couplers