Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

what does GM call their push button start?*

*I assume they have one.

I want to ask on forums if they have a better way of adding it. Not having to carry a fucking key is huge. I hate having the keyfob & key in my pocket all the time. Seriously pisses me off.

RFID Proximity Sensor Push Button Start

There are kits out there for around $250 to add it, but depending on the kits you'd need a bypass if its newer than an 06

Merry motherPhuckin Christmas everybody! Oh wait what, oh. Happy new year!

I love the PC I built, hard core gaming with a light energy intake.

Average just browsing the internet 94W at 90% efficiency, average completely loaded 350w at 90% efficiency.

Speaking of no keys, I fell in love with the bluetooth fob on the Challenger. So I looked up the same system for home entry and found this.

http://www.kwikset.com/Kevo/default.aspx#.UsQltq2A0eg

I don't need a keypad entry as I already have one on the garage. I like the convenience of BT setup though as far as hands free unlocking. 

Anyone have experience with this setup? Any flaws you see? Any other suggestions? 

It all breeds laziness IMO.  The day I can't be bothered to input a key into a cylinder and turn it, I should be laid out.

Speaking of no keys, I fell in love with the bluetooth fob on the Challenger. So I looked up the same system for home entry and found this.

I don't need a keypad entry as I already have one on the garage. I like the convenience of BT setup though as far as hands free unlocking. 

Anyone have experience with this setup? Any flaws you see? Any other suggestions? 

It all breeds laziness IMO.  The day I can't be bothered to input a key into a cylinder and turn it, I should be laid out.

I see it as buying time. TBH is the Wifey that would benefit the most as I rarely come home to an empty house. 

what does GM call their push button start?*

*I assume they have one.

I want to ask on forums if they have a better way of adding it. Not having to carry a fucking key is huge. I hate having the keyfob & key in my pocket all the time. Seriously pisses me off.

RFID Proximity Sensor Push Button Start

There are kits out there for around $250 to add it, but depending on the kits you'd need a bypass if its newer than an 06

$250 I am interested, 2010 so bypass indeed. All I've found was $700+. Curious what you found.

Love the idea, I hate keys. Bluetooth wouldn't be the favored technology but probably cheaper than doing an RFID setup.

Laziness? Not at all the case. I park a long ways away from everything, not really due to door ding potential as you can choose what you park next to minimize that, but I like to walk.

I just fucking hate things in my pocket and there is really no need for a key in car anyways.

I suppose you never buy a car with keyless entry either, nor use it if you have it? That'd be lazy.

Laziness? Not at all the case. I park a long ways away from everything, not really due to door ding potential as you can choose what you park next to minimize that, but I like to walk.

I just fucking hate things in my pocket and there is really no need for a key in car anyways.

I suppose you never buy a car with keyless entry either, nor use it if you have it? That'd be lazy.

Let me rephrase.  I would not go out and buy a lockset or keyless entry.  If my house or car came with it, I would use it,  but I don't have any desire or need to buy and install something like that.

Just wait until they can install a chip in you that will allow you to control everything with your mind.

I can't help but enjoy the technology around me. I happen to need a new lock anyways and can afford it so why not. The BT was all I could find and everyone in my house has a smartphone so no need to even carry the fob.

Just wait until they can install a chip in you that will allow you to control everything with your mind.

Kids will be lining up!!

Kids will be lining up!!

That is for sure.

I can't help but enjoy the technology around me. I happen to need a new lock anyways and can afford it so why not. The BT was all I could find and everyone in my house has a smartphone so no need to even carry the fob.

I looked at the push button code ones last week.

I want to implement key-less entry and start up in my car(push start), but the problem is I will have shaved door handles in the future. I think I will be OK with implementing touch sensor on the doors that activate door actuators.

It all breeds laziness IMO. The day I can't be bothered to input a key into a cylinder and turn it, I should be laid out.

Let me rephrase. I would not go out and buy a lockset or keyless entry. If my house or car came with it, I would use it, but I don't have any desire or need to buy and install something like that.

I was also too cheap to put them in my house

I want to implement key-less entry and start up in my car(push start), but the problem is I will have shaved door handles in the future. I think I will be OK with implementing touch sensor on the doors that activate door actuators.

The wife's car has those in the doors. Use your thumb to unlock and index finger to lock.

The wife's car has those in the doors. Use your thumb to unlock and index finger to lock.

How does that work? It actually detects an individual's fingerprints or just the size of the area touched or what?

What brand and model? I want to look how it works.

She's got a new Camry.

At least the problem is already labeled

jdQN9Ty.jpg

When I took that I wasn't sure how it would turn out. I was born in Canton Ohio, raised in Niagara Falls/Buffalo NY, lived in The City, San Diego CA, Mission Viejo CA, and Lake Forest CA, and now reside in central NC. I figured as a mutt I would show up in odd places. But I got pinned down to Buffalo NY, Rochester NY, or Milwaukee...

Yeah I was surprised how accurate it was. Neat.

Downtown high rise in Minneapolis just exploded :o