Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Pay raise, title, and added benefits added to the job today. More info in the vapes thread. Awesome day for my household today.

Congrats :D

Newer ones don't get much better mileage. Plus maintenance costs are more than the gassers and the 10k or so price increase.

Yup. That is the damn truth. My pal gets 27 in his old turbo 7.3(I think it's that one)
Agreed on the maintenance, but 27 kicks the shit out of 14.

J

My dad has a 7.3 and he gets 19 at best His old 7.3 with a lift got 17 at best.

Both are 4wd 4doors with chips that helped improved the fuel economy.

If you've got a 14mpg gasser and a 20mpg diesel, every 5,000 miles you'd save 254$.  Now of that 254 take out another lets say 54$ for easy math for the extra money it costs for oil changes of the $$ filter and 14 quarts of oil.  So you save 200$ for every 5,000 miles.  Now lets say you drive 20,000 miles a year, you save 800$ a year.  I don't know about you, but thats a long ass time to save the 5-10k purchase price premium of a gas vs diesel equivalent F-250/2500 truck.  Not to mention the additional cost of parts/maintenance.  

If you need the diesel for towing, by all means get it.  Or if you just want it to roll smoke and have a diesel hobby, sure.  Mileage?  Naaa.  

Pay raise, title, and added benefits added to the job today. More info in the vapes thread. Awesome day for my household today.

Sweet! :woot:

If you've got a 14mpg gasser and a 20mpg diesel, every 5,000 miles you'd save 254$.  Now of that 254 take out another lets say 54$ for easy math for the extra money it costs for oil changes of the $$ filter and 14 quarts of oil.  So you save 200$ for every 5,000 miles.  Now lets say you drive 20,000 miles a year, you save 800$ a year.  I don't know about you, but thats a long ass time to save the 5-10k purchase price premium of a gas vs diesel equivalent F-250/2500 truck.  Not to mention the additional cost of parts/maintenance.  

If you need the diesel for towing, by all means get it.  Or if you just want it to roll smoke and have a diesel hobby, sure.  Mileage?  Naaa.  

If diesel was 70% the price of gas like it should be it would sway the argument a different direction.

The real question though is why don't we have diesel cars available.  Huge savings going from a 25mpg Jetta to a 60mpg

If you've got a 14mpg gasser and a 20mpg diesel, every 5,000 miles you'd save 254$. Now of that 254 take out another lets say 54$ for easy math for the extra money it costs for oil changes of the $$ filter and 14 quarts of oil. So you save 200$ for every 5,000 miles. Now lets say you drive 20,000 miles a year, you save 800$ a year. I don't know about you, but thats a long ass time to save the 5-10k purchase price premium of a gas vs diesel equivalent F-250/2500 truck. Not to mention the additional cost of parts/maintenance.

If you need the diesel for towing, by all means get it. Or if you just want it to roll smoke and have a diesel hobby, sure. Mileage? Naaa.

If diesel was 70% the price of gas like it should be it would sway the argument a different direction.

The real question though is why don't we have diesel cars available. Huge savings going from a 25mpg Jetta to a 60mpg

Or run fry oil, hydraulic fluid or other reminants and really save.

I really don't get why the efficient diesel cars aren't here. And why do we pay more for diesel? It doesn't make sense.

Taxes. 

Oh, whoops!  Ignition is fucked, no more steering, crash. 

That is how you parked in my home town from Oct 15 - Apr 15

if you weren't sideways you were stuck

Make up your fucking mind reggae, rap, pop not all three.  Just bad.

Only good thing about winter is I get to drive sideways.  

Only good thing about winter is I get to drive sideways.  

au contraire

IMAG0857_zpsc10dff21.jpg

Its been years since I've drove one, but its hard to not love blasting across snow where there aren't roads.  :)