Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Need anything else from the US?

Trying to figure out what I'd need, thanks  :) 

I wouldn't mind a few for chemistry. biggrin.png

It's much better geared towards the high density that will be needed in that kind of application. I don't know but it might be scratching at the physical bandwidth of that slot. It's got to be around 9 flops man.

I still have to wait until Gaussian releases a GPU version, or get access to NIH's biowulf cluster. trippy.gif

It would be sweet to bring calculation times down from weeks to days or hours.

Indeed. It's just a density thing. How much can you smash into one PCIe slot.

I'm at just over 4k for my monitors now so I get a lot of stutter. It's an interesting set up, but completely not with the $$$$ to me.

The 780ti in 6gb is though. Especially if the 800 series is more than a year away.

Found it, I want to change my phone and the Motorola Moto G is $199 (16GB) on Motorola's online shop. It's $320 here, I don't need the box so I need to talk to you about paying it and getting it shipped to you. 

So, Sean and Ryan, how much do you guys want for the mids? :) 

Indeed. It's just a density thing. How much can you smash into one PCIe slot.

I'm at just over 4k for my monitors now so I get a lot of stutter. It's an interesting set up, but completely not with the $$$$ to me.

The 780ti in 6gb is though. Especially if the 800 series is more than a year away.

New mobo form factors?! :P

Interview went VERY well guys. I was offered a secondary interview for the same day at 3:30 but had to take the one tomorrow (Friday) for 11 as it is expected to take 2 hours. Turns out I can type 58 words per minute, and get an 86% on their grammar test. As apprehensive as it makes me feel about the other possible employees, the next highest score was 38 words per minute, with 31 words per minute being their average. For the grammar portion, 71% was the average score and 94% was the highest, placing me just outside the top of the mark, but still in the top 1% of all possible employees.

Well I came home tonight to find out from the little lady that they had an ad today for the Team Lead position (person I would answer to while starting) for a nice chunk more cash and a salaried position. Considering they are just starting off in this area, maybe I can walk into the bigger position. I am certainly going to let the interviewer for tomorrow know that I have applied for the other position, and hope that my researching the company and showing a drive for a higher position will at the least get me another interview for that position.

J

So, Sean and Ryan, how much do you guys want for the mids? smile.png

That's all on Sean.  I don't want/need money for anything.

The smell of freshly oiled work boots.

Got the offer. But damn it comes with some down sides. Two weeks of training, and training time only pays 8 an hr. After that its up to 12 an hr with ample room to advance. First step up only jumps up 1 dollar an hr, after that it is salary.

Plus side, it is solid employment after 90 days, they work with some big companies, and offers full benefits.

J

Aaron, think of the boinc #'s

That would be batshit!!!

Trying to figure out what I'd need, thanks  smile.png

Next week I am out.  Fly on Sunday, but around the following.

Found it, I want to change my phone and the Motorola Moto G is $199 (16GB) on Motorola's online shop. It's $320 here, I don't need the box so I need to talk to you about paying it and getting it shipped to you. 

Just let me know

I want some of that blood you suck

Feels so good to be tearing shit up! Might just have all demo done by Sunday!

That's all on Sean.  I don't want/need money for anything.

Me neither.  Ryan gets ze gift.