Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I bought some items from a company the other week, 3x packs of 6 of one thing, 1x pack of 6 of another.  The 3x packs of 6 were at some ridiculous price, I called them and they said no problem, we will honor it, go ahead and order.  

So I order, haven't seen my crap in a week, give them a call, and they say 'Oh yea, we are out of that, can we ship you the next comparable item?', and they claim they will honor their price so I said 'Sure.'

A week later I get my crap, THREE of the first item, not my packs of 6, and the pack of 6 of the second item, they had refunded me for one pack of six on the original, then they just billed me for an additional 16$.  

What the hell?  This company is a lighting place out of Minnetonka, WTF, I thought ya'll were better up there?  smile.png

A direct phone conversation fixed that problem.  :)

If I worked all weekend and have to wear FQ shirts, then how did 4 of my SSA shirts end up in the dirty clothes!?

The dog wore them.

I think between my wife and daughter they should wear their own shirts. God knows I buy them enough.

Why is that? Is it my browser? I can from my phone..what software version is this forum running on?

Switch to Chrome or Firefox--the rest is fucking garbage.

Chrome is also fucking garbage. A fucking memory hog if you have lots of tabs open.

Tabs are retarded, not sure what moron defined that as a good solution.

Blame it on Amazon from years back, it was their page formatting that lead to tabbed web browsers.

Aaron if you're interested in a machine being built, cyber Monday May have some good deals......

I do want to badly, but we just dumped a bunch of money into a Dcno/Gcon run and inventory to stock up for Black Friday. 

Aaron is BOINC showing my computer putting up numbers? I changed some settings and I can't tell if it has been running.

It kills my graphics drivers so I changed the work settings. The way I see the graphs doesn't show my personal output...... or maybe it can and I don't know how to look at it.

Yes, there is a very nice SPIKE in output.  If BOINC is effecting your day to day, just set it to not crunch while you are on the machine. :)

It's all good now. I changed the settings and it really helped. I figured since it wasn't crashing, maybe it wasn't running.

:-)

Got 30 feet into the driveway and the shear pin broke on the blower. Of course I was soaked, had to change go get pins... I won't be done with this driveway until tomorrow.

How much snow do you guys have?

J

F2.8 is the key. Should have a 17-50 and 70-200 option. Combination is basically what you need.Speaking of Matt, I shot a wedding with my body and a 70-200 2.8 II USM IS. Now I fucking need one, you bastard.

What was the first statement related to? Lol so random.I told you man. I used every 70-200 they had and the 2.8 USMii is not just an upgrade. It's a huge leap ahead.
J asked an expenditure question

Looks like some great glass. A bit pricey (for me) in the 70-200 models but from the images shot with it, damn what a lens.

I may just step up the body for now as my D3000 has been used for 4 years now and had numerous bumps.

J

I'd rather have a shitty body and real glass than the other way around.

F2.8 is the key. Should have a 17-50 and 70-200 option. Combination is basically what you need.Speaking of Matt, I shot a wedding with my body and a 70-200 2.8 II USM IS. Now I fucking need one, you bastard.

What was the first statement related to? Lol so random.I told you man. I used every 70-200 they had and the 2.8 USMii is not just an upgrade. It's a huge leap ahead.
J asked an expenditure question

Looks like some great glass. A bit pricey (for me) in the 70-200 models but from the images shot with it, damn what a lens.

I may just step up the body for now as my D3000 has been used for 4 years now and had numerous bumps.

J

I'd rather have a shitty body and real glass than the other way around.

Looks like I may have some coin I can spend on some new camera gear. What size glass have you guys been using lately and what for?

Looking at a new body too, but that will be a last minute decision.

J

I missed this.

What Sean said.

If you go full frame you can "get away with" 24-70 and 70-200. If you use a crop sensor you will want wider.

2.8 aperture.

IS is something you can deal without. I wouldn't want to on the long end of that 200 though.

It really depends on what you shoot. I shoot portraits 80% or more. 95% are not posed. Almost 99% cannot be duplicated (wedding, birthday, event). So I care about IS and speed of focus more than someone who spends their time at wide angles shooting scenery.

I'm horrible with long exposures actually. I don't practice them either and I really should.

No crop sensor. The IS is very important as I shoot concerts (from time to time), and what are posed shots are few and far between.

The reason for looking into an upgrade in body is also due to the development of faster shutter speeds, better mirrors, and a more efficent IS sensor.

J

I barely need the IS on the 24-75..... but I chose that rather than the ever so slightly faster focus of the Canon offering. It was nice that it saved me money, but for me at the moment cost is no object and I still chose the IS.

It's not needed for most situations, until you end up in a church in Italy that was build before before the city burned to the ground. Crazy dark in some places. Concerts should have enough light to make IS not needed and you need to shoot those fast anyway.

I would probably still want it though. If it was sports with a lot of lighting though, and I assume concerts to be relatively the same, I would want the fastest focus. How far away are you when you shoot a concert J?

On the non-tele IS won't help in a concert. Audience and stage is moving so long shutter speed is pointless.

I really, really wish my 11-16 was an IS though. It would help on that lens more than anywhere.

Looks like I may have some coin I can spend on some new camera gear. What size glass have you guys been using lately and what for?

Looking at a new body too, but that will be a last minute decision.

J

I missed this.

What Sean said.

If you go full frame you can "get away with" 24-70 and 70-200. If you use a crop sensor you will want wider.

2.8 aperture.

IS is something you can deal without. I wouldn't want to on the long end of that 200 though.

It really depends on what you shoot. I shoot portraits 80% or more. 95% are not posed. Almost 99% cannot be duplicated (wedding, birthday, event). So I care about IS and speed of focus more than someone who spends their time at wide angles shooting scenery.

I'm horrible with long exposures actually. I don't practice them either and I really should.

No crop sensor. The IS is very important as I shoot concerts (from time to time), and what are posed shots are few and far between.

The reason for looking into an upgrade in body is also due to the development of faster shutter speeds, better mirrors, and a more efficent IS sensor.

J

I barely need the IS on the 24-75..... but I chose that rather than the ever so slightly faster focus of the Canon offering. It was nice that it saved me money, but for me at the moment cost is no object and I still chose the IS.

It's not needed for most situations, until you end up in a church in Italy that was build before before the city burned to the ground. Crazy dark in some places. Concerts should have enough light to make IS not needed and you need to shoot those fast anyway.

I would probably still want it though. If it was sports with a lot of lighting though, and I assume concerts to be relatively the same, I would want the fastest focus. How far away are you when you shoot a concert J?

On the non-tele IS won't help in a concert. Audience and stage is moving so long shutter speed is pointless.

I really, really wish my 11-16 was an IS though. It would help on that lens more than anywhere.

And why the fuck does it only snow when I am not home!!! FUCK YOU!

I mean fuck, this is in the garage I want to go for a rip

IMAG0120_zpsin6fttev.jpg

Nice I would like to have one of those ..I have never rode one we don't get enough snow where I am at to even get to ride one except maybe once every 10 years!

IMAG0120_zpsin6fttev.jpg

sorry that above post was for you but I was using IE and not chrome..LoL

Sean what do you think the little men are thinking when they look at that knowing there is fresh snow outside?

They are thinking of how to get mom to let them tear up the fresh powder, no doubt!

They are thinking of how to get mom to let them tear up the fresh powder, no doubt!

I would luv to go skiing drunk!

IMAG0120_zpsin6fttev.jpg

looks fuckin great, Sean.