Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I mean fuck, this is in the garage I want to go for a rip

IMAG0120_zpsin6fttev.jpg

looks fuckin great, Sean.

I need a National motor seth!! or I will settle for a t-type

A co-worker is bringing me some Founders Breakfast Stout this week

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1199/11757/

Looking forward to trying this.

I couldn't wait. I went to the beer man on the way home.

Very disappointing. I generally prefer ~10% alcohol, but I do enjoy Southern Tier's 2X Stout, which is ~8% in a solid traditional milk stout. It is one I have in the fridge at all times. I like a heavy alcohol taste when drinking expensive stouts. I can taste alcohol on the 2X, but this shit tastes like piss.

The FBS has an extremely heavy coffee on the nose, I can't suggest a pour as I drank 2 on the way home. IMO it just tastes like a watered down coffee stout, that is very dry like a traditional ale. I did get a slight taste of cherry, vanilla, and caramel under the heavy, bitter espresso base. While these are typically wonderful notes, they are so watered down I couldn't enjoy them. While it may seem to be a complex beer based on the notes, they are hints not worthy of being discussed with any real merit in this beer's overall profile. I should say it is uni-dimensional, but it is so watered down and weak I have to say it is non-dimensional. The mouth feel was terribly watered down, it was not full bodied or chewy as suggested by the lame ass retarded reviewers on Beer Advocate. It seems like every time I go there I am extremely disappointed by the reviewers' choices. It is full of hipster faggots who like IPAs to say they like IPAs (I hate IPAs) but choose to adorn weak ass stouts or sweet chocolate stouts with praise worthy of Christ himself. Fuck this Goddamn beer, and fuck Beer Advocate,

2 thumbs down. Don't waste the $12/4 pack. I would much rather a ST Mokah if I wanted a coffee based chocolate stout. Sure, a 22 costs as much as a 4 pack of this fucking swill, but at least the 22 is enjoyable. When I got home I threw the remaining 2 in the fridge and grabbed a 10-fiddy to get a manly, heavy stout. onto my taste buds. I suspect the remaining beers will wind up down the fucking sink.

A co-worker is bringing me some Founders Breakfast Stout this week

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1199/11757/

Looking forward to trying this.

I couldn't wait. I went to the beer man on the way home.

Very disappointing. I generally prefer ~10% alcohol, but I do enjoy Southern Tier's 2X Stout, which is ~8% in a solid traditional milk stout. It is one I have in the fridge at all times. I like a heavy alcohol taste when drinking expensive stouts. I can taste alcohol on the 2X, but this shit tastes like piss.

The FBS has an extremely heavy coffee on the nose, I can't suggest a pour as I drank 2 on the way home. IMO it just tastes like a watered down coffee stout, that is very dry like a traditional ale. I did get a slight taste of cherry, vanilla, and caramel under the heavy, bitter espresso base. While these are typically wonderful notes, they are so watered down I couldn't enjoy them. While it may seem to be a complex beer based on the notes, they are hints not worthy of being discussed with any real merit in this beer's overall profile. I should say it is uni-dimensional, but it is so watered down and weak I have to say it is non-dimensional. The mouth feel was terribly watered down, it was not full bodied or chewy as suggested by the lame ass retarded reviewers on Beer Advocate. It seems like every time I go there I am extremely disappointed by the reviewers' choices. It is full of hipster faggots who like IPAs to say they like IPAs (I hate IPAs) but choose to adorn weak ass stouts or sweet chocolate stouts with praise worthy of Christ himself. Fuck this Goddamn beer, and fuck Beer Advocate,

2 thumbs down. Don't waste the $12/4 pack. I would much rather a ST Mokah if I wanted a coffee based chocolate stout. Sure, a 22 costs as much as a 4 pack of this pucking swill, but at least the 22 is enjoyable. When I got home I threw the remaining 2 in the fridge and grabbed a 10-fiddy to get a manly, heavy stout. onto my taste buds. I suspect the remaining beers will wind up down the pucking sink.

You like the Clamoto hype? tomato juice gives me the runs!!

Wow Christmas commercials already! 

Guess I don't watch tv much.

I think Helga would like some winter shoes.... It was a slippery adventure today.

I think Helga would like some winter shoes.... It was a slippery adventure today.

In the same situation with the wife's minivan. Bald tires + winter = not good apparently.

Ah, it's still nice and sunny in land of vampires. I can ride my bike in the afternoon wearing office clothes. 

Got 30 feet into the driveway and the shear pin broke on the blower. Of course I was soaked, had to change go get pins... I won't be done with this driveway until tomorrow.

I bought winter shows for the new Jeep 2 weeks ago :D

Used but only 3 years old and lots of tread left. 

I still need to flush the transmission, change the connector plug and pan gasket (both are leaking), change coolant and it's ready for winter. 

I still need to flush the transmission, change the connector plug and pan gasket (both are leaking), change coolant and it's ready for winter. 

I drain and fill the tranny and siphon a gallon of coolant out and top it off with new  every spring in the 4runner.

Looks like I may have some coin I can spend on some new camera gear. What size glass have you guys been using lately and what for?Looking at a new body too, but that will be a last minute decision.J

I missed this.What Sean said.If you go full frame you can "get away with" 24-70 and 70-200. If you use a crop sensor you will want wider.2.8 aperture.IS is something you can deal without. I wouldn't want to on the long end of that 200 though.It really depends on what you shoot. I shoot portraits 80% or more. 95% are not posed. Almost 99% cannot be duplicated (wedding, birthday, event). So I care about IS and speed of focus more than someone who spends their time at wide angles shooting scenery.I'm horrible with long exposures actually. I don't practice them either and I really should.
No crop sensor. The IS is very important as I shoot concerts (from time to time), and what are posed shots are few and far between.The reason for looking into an upgrade in body is also due to the development of faster shutter speeds, better mirrors, and a more efficent IS sensor.J
I barely need the IS on the 24-75..... but I chose that rather than the ever so slightly faster focus of the Canon offering. It was nice that it saved me money, but for me at the moment cost is no object and I still chose the IS.It's not needed for most situations, until you end up in a church in Italy that was build before before the city burned to the ground. Crazy dark in some places. Concerts should have enough light to make IS not needed and you need to shoot those fast anyway.I would probably still want it though. If it was sports with a lot of lighting though, and I assume concerts to be relatively the same, I would want the fastest focus. How far away are you when you shoot a concert J?
On the non-tele IS won't help in a concert. Audience and stage is moving so long shutter speed is pointless.I really, really wish my 11-16 was an IS though. It would help on that lens more than anywhere.

Typically shooting from in front of the crowd. Its rare to have to shoot from the sound board (pyro the whole set causes this).

This is just one example of my usual angle.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/InkedBass/RockStar%20Mayhem%20Festival%202012/MayhemFest2012_508.jpg%7Boption%7D

F2.8 is the key. Should have a 17-50 and 70-200 option. Combination is basically what you need.Speaking of Matt, I shot a wedding with my body and a 70-200 2.8 II USM IS. Now I fucking need one, you bastard.

What was the first statement related to? Lol so random.I told you man. I used every 70-200 they had and the 2.8 USMii is not just an upgrade. It's a huge leap ahead.
J asked an expenditure question
Looks like some great glass. A bit pricey (for me) in the 70-200 models but from the images shot with it, damn what a lens.I may just step up the body for now as my D3000 has been used for 4 years now and had numerous bumps.J
I'd rather have a shitty body and real glass than the other way around.

With all the suggestions here, Better glass will be where my money (if spent) will go for now.

J

imagesTKZR4G94.jpg

It's all good now. I changed the settings and it really helped. I figured since it wasn't crashing, maybe it wasn't running.

:-)

Great.   gayhaaay1.gif

I leave town and BAM. Another SSD took a shit. WTF? That is 3 in 2 years. sad.png

Looks like I may have some coin I can spend on some new camera gear. What size glass have you guys been using lately and what for?Looking at a new body too, but that will be a last minute decision.J

I missed this.What Sean said.If you go full frame you can "get away with" 24-70 and 70-200. If you use a crop sensor you will want wider.2.8 aperture.IS is something you can deal without. I wouldn't want to on the long end of that 200 though.It really depends on what you shoot. I shoot portraits 80% or more. 95% are not posed. Almost 99% cannot be duplicated (wedding, birthday, event). So I care about IS and speed of focus more than someone who spends their time at wide angles shooting scenery.I'm horrible with long exposures actually. I don't practice them either and I really should.
No crop sensor. The IS is very important as I shoot concerts (from time to time), and what are posed shots are few and far between.The reason for looking into an upgrade in body is also due to the development of faster shutter speeds, better mirrors, and a more efficent IS sensor.J
I barely need the IS on the 24-75..... but I chose that rather than the ever so slightly faster focus of the Canon offering. It was nice that it saved me money, but for me at the moment cost is no object and I still chose the IS.It's not needed for most situations, until you end up in a church in Italy that was build before before the city burned to the ground. Crazy dark in some places. Concerts should have enough light to make IS not needed and you need to shoot those fast anyway.I would probably still want it though. If it was sports with a lot of lighting though, and I assume concerts to be relatively the same, I would want the fastest focus. How far away are you when you shoot a concert J?
On the non-tele IS won't help in a concert. Audience and stage is moving so long shutter speed is pointless.I really, really wish my 11-16 was an IS though. It would help on that lens more than anywhere.

Typically shooting from in front of the crowd. Its rare to have to shoot from the sound board (pyro the whole set causes this).

This is just one example of my usual angle.

Photobucket isn't nice, I can't snope your settings. Please share as it will help with the glass discussion.

Frame rate, zoom, f stop, etc.

I leave town and BAM. Another SSD took a shit. WTF? That is 3 in 2 years. sad.png

Sounds like user error to me.

That connector plug is readily available, but a PITA ti line up right and rotate the lock to get disconnected. Common issue on the Mercedes trans, but irritating. be patient.

Sounds like user error to me.

How so?

I remember when I was a  kid and watching all the Christmas special's..And most of them still come on around Christmas this day in age..

I drain and fill the tranny and siphon a gallon of coolant out and top it off with new  every spring in the 4runner.

I suspect the transmission was never flushed since the torque converter can't be drained. And it has water instead of coolant. Should be pretty quick. 

Last night I took off the blower fan off the Miata to try and lube it, it was noisy, and while disassembling it I managed to fuck it up. 1 week until I get a used one, damnit. I need to ghetto-rig a fan in there.