Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

6ccefdd3491b73102f973be94e765e42.jpg

We'll see how it does shortly.

J

But of bite but not bad at all.

J

I was talking to the owner of the land we hunt on and he was telling me about some stills that were setup by a creek under a cliff on the property back a few generations. He told me we could swing back there and of I wanted, could set up a still there myself :P

I'll be headed home after this hunting/thanksgiving trip with my new ATV! After some basic tune ups, I'll definitely have to do a few mods :P

I was talking to the owner of the land we hunt on and he was telling me about some stills that were setup by a creek under a cliff on the property back a few generations. He told me we could swing back there and of I wanted, could set up a still there myself :P

Give it a shot man.

J

OOO!!! What ATV?

I have an 06 Honda TRX450R that I built. Fun racer.

Who wants to go into the distilling biz with me?

I want to make great booze for the rest of my life.

I have thought about trying to make my own whiskey... but I don't have the patience to sit around and wait for 8 or 9 years to try it.

You don't need 8 or 9 years for a small batch. A 5 L barrel ages whiskey much faster than a 55 gal barrel due to the surface area to whiskey ratio.

In that case couldn't you age it in reservoirs designed like batteries with "plates"?

Me.
We need to figure that out!

I spent a while reading what it takes to get into distilling.....

Not simple, but a small investment could turn into a ton of $$$ in 4 years.

If you screw up the paperwork on distilling you go to jail. If you screw it up on beer making, they say you did it wrong and help you fix it from what I've been told.

Me.
We need to figure that out!

I spent a while reading what it takes to get into distilling.....

Not simple, but a small investment could turn into a ton of $$$ in 4 years.

If you screw up the paperwork on distilling you go to jail. If you screw it up on beer making, they say you did it wrong and help you fix it from what I've been told.

Wouldn't that vary state to state?

J

Ahhh understood.

J

I was shocked they had 3 bottles left......23093 of 36334

I would have grabbed all 3 bottles.
I'd be willing to ship if anyone wants a bottle.

<3 you bro.

I have thought about trying to make my own whiskey... but I don't have the patience to sit around and wait for 8 or 9 years to try it.
You don't need 8 or 9 years for a small batch. A 5 L barrel ages whiskey much faster than a 55 gal barrel due to the surface area to whiskey ratio.

In that case couldn't you age it in reservoirs designed like batteries with "plates"?

The tank would have to be wood itself, or some hyper inert material like special glass.

I have seen some places speed up the age process by using charred chips or planks in the barrel.

He doesn't have the money?

J

No, he just changed his mind.  Now I have a buttload of subwoofers.

<3 you bro.

Paypal the coin and I can buy another bottle tomorrow, and ship Monday.

J

He doesn't have the money?

J

No, he just changed his mind.  Now I have a buttload of subwoofers.

CL time?

J

ninja.gif

Happy late turkey day Aaron!!

Thanks you too.

<3 you bro.

Paypal the coin and I can buy another bottle tomorrow, and ship Monday.

J

Make sure to get the proper forms before shipping

So I bought some Gcons from Neal for a trio of 12s my buddy wanted.  He changed his mind shortly after.  He got online last night and saw the Fi sale and had me buy 4 of the 90dolla10s, and guess what he tells me this morning. . .

Sorry to hear that Ryan, you are way too nice. 

Back from the wine and shopping trip. Surprised at how much fun I had. The wife and I went with the owners of spookhaven which have been our best friends forever, but they fight and bitch a lot and I have a hard time dealing with that. So this weekend I made them promise not to bitch or fight and smile or I would not go and guess what, they did it!  I made comment of how nice it was to have fun together without any negativity and they both thanked me and Ronda for it. Glad to finally see them enjoy each other.

The wife has already opened a bottle. Not sure if she is seeing how fast she can drink these 3.5 cases, but I will watch her enjoy herself. :)

The wife has already opened a bottle. Not sure if she is seeing how fast she can drink these 3.5 cases, but I will watch her enjoy herself. smile.png

What kind did you get?

Back from the wine and shopping trip. Surprised at how much fun I had. The wife and I went with the owners of spookhaven which have been our best friends forever, but they fight and bitch a lot and I have a hard time dealing with that. So this weekend I made them promise not to bitch or fight and smile or I would not go and guess what, they did it!  I made comment of how nice it was to have fun together without any negativity and they both thanked me and Ronda for it. Glad to finally see them enjoy each other.

maybe I should try to make that deal with my wife. lol

The wife has already opened a bottle. Not sure if she is seeing how fast she can drink these 3.5 cases, but I will watch her enjoy herself. smile.png

What kind did you get?

maybe I should try to make that deal with my wife. lol

We went around lake Seneca and tasted everything we could. She bought everything she liked from fruit to a port. Tonight she is enjoy some blueberry.  

Aaron I think you would enjoy coming up and doing this with us.