Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I really wish youtube would up their audio quality sad.png

And yes, I am listening to Gillis now...but not with Night Ranger tongue.png

Put in over 12 hours at work yesterday = half day today. F yeah

Put in over 12 hours at work yesterday = half day today. F yeah

I DO 12's mostly everyday 6-7 days a week...I actually have the whole damn weekend off!!

If I decide not to put the continentals back on Helga what should I get?

Stopped by Capitol Guitars at lunch. Was funny. Largest Jackson dealer in the midwest by far. The idiots that stop in are horrible though. They found it funny that I played guitars for an hour and never wanted to plug in. Told the owner that I am interested in the action and feel and the sound will follow the pickups and amp. Sure wood changes the tone even on an electric, but more important is the comfort.

Regrettably I don't like my dream guitar. What I thought it was going to be good for it wasn't. Randy designed it to play sitting down in a classical position (which I am by far the most comfortable in) but he was a little imp of a guy and not the jolly green giant. Needless to say it was too small for me. I guess I get to get a boring Soloist instead smile.png

Got some glowing reviews on my sloppy fingerings. Said I played better than 95% of their clients. Amazing since until last week it has been 20 years since I've held an axe.

How long are you keeping her?

Summer 2016 is the plan.

Before CPO runs out would sell/trade better right?

Stopped by Capitol Guitars at lunch. Was funny. Largest Jackson dealer in the midwest by far. The idiots that stop in are horrible though. They found it funny that I played guitars for an hour and never wanted to plug in. Told the owner that I am interested in the action and feel and the sound will follow the pickups and amp. Sure wood changes the tone even on an electric, but more important is the comfort.

Regrettably I don't like my dream guitar. What I thought it was going to be good for it wasn't. Randy designed it to play sitting down in a classical position (which I am by far the most comfortable in) but he was a little imp of a guy and not the jolly green giant. Needless to say it was too small for me. I guess I get to get a boring Soloist instead smile.png

Got some glowing reviews on my sloppy fingerings. Said I played better than 95% of their clients. Amazing since until last week it has been 20 years since I've held an axe.

I want to hear you play.

Next time I come over.

I'll bring the masters bourbon, and some tobacco!

;-)

Summer 2016 is the plan.

Then will what you have last until then?

Spending $2k for slightly better traction might not be the way I'd spend my money, but I'm ahem a bit....

I want to hear you play.

Next time I come over.

;-)

NO. Next time we should have snow and we go for a rip. Realize what I can play now is theory, not songs. 20 years ago is a long time to remember anything, lol.

Might go grab this as an interim solution:

http://www.musicgoroundroseville.com/p/254741/used-jackson-pro-soloist-sl2-electric-guitar-transparent-red-burst

It is setup right...although it is Indonesian so I will need to spend some time with the neck to make sure it doesn't suffer from fret buzz like so many low action guitars (including the Jacksons) do.

New last years that can be had for $850 in town....but that one suffered from fret buzz even after truss rod adjustments sad.png Hoping the used unit doesn't.

Summer 2016 is the plan.

Then will what you have last until then?

Spending $2k for slightly better traction might not be the way I'd spend my money, but I'm ahem a bit....

Here are 3 factors.

#1 run flats. Bleh

#2 one of the run flats may have sidewall damage so I may need to get at least one tire anyway........

#3 baller rims? Black chrome would be REAL sexy. Then I would have a winter and summer complete set. I could probably recoup some when I sell her.

I don't want to throw money away either.... Though I'm good at it.

I want to hear you play.

Next time I come over.

;-)

NO. Next time we should have snow and we go for a rip. Realize what I can play now is theory, not songs. 20 years ago is a long time to remember anything, lol.

http://www.musicgoroundroseville.com/p/254741/used-jackson-pro-soloist-sl2-electric-guitar-transparent-red-burst

It is setup right...although it is Indonesian so I will need to spend some time with the neck to make sure it doesn't suffer from fret buzz like so many low action guitars (including the Jacksons) do.

Make the snow come and I'll find a way to get a day off..... Maybe lol.

Last time I had the whole weekend and we got fucked with no lube on the snow category.

My sinus was acting up this morning.... I was so nervous I got another infection.

Thank god my congestion cocktail knocked it out.

Going to hit the afrin tonight just in case. Probably drywall and painting fumes.

I want to hear you play.

Next time I come over.

;-)

Last time I had the whole weekend and we got fucked with no lube on the snow category.

Weekends are fucked for me, I'd need to pull a mid week vacation day.

Abstract question. Anyone heard any live Night Ranger that was worth a shit? I know Gillis can rip on the guitar, but didn't realize that he played with them. Not my style of music, but could imagine if they cut him loose that live they could have been impressive.

Actually their current lineup at the food and wine festival at Disney is outstanding. Great solo bits that change every set. As for recordings, I can't help ya there.

J

Stopped by Capitol Guitars at lunch. Was funny. Largest Jackson dealer in the midwest by far. The idiots that stop in are horrible though. They found it funny that I played guitars for an hour and never wanted to plug in. Told the owner that I am interested in the action and feel and the sound will follow the pickups and amp. Sure wood changes the tone even on an electric, but more important is the comfort.Regrettably I don't like my dream guitar. What I thought it was going to be good for it wasn't. Randy designed it to play sitting down in a classical position (which I am by far the most comfortable in) but he was a little imp of a guy and not the jolly green giant. Needless to say it was too small for me. I guess I get to get a boring Soloist instead :)Got some glowing reviews on my sloppy fingerings. Said I played better than 95% of their clients. Amazing since until last week it has been 20 years since I've held an axe.

I want to hear you play.Next time I come over.I'll bring the masters bourbon, and some tobacco!;-)
NO. Next time we should have snow and we go for a rip. Realize what I can play now is theory, not songs. 20 years ago is a long time to remember anything, lol.Might go grab this as an interim solution:http://www.musicgoroundroseville.com/p/254741/used-jackson-pro-soloist-sl2-electric-guitar-transparent-red-burstIt is setup right...although it is Indonesian so I will need to spend some time with the neck to make sure it doesn't suffer from fret buzz like so many low action guitars (including the Jacksons) do.

Sounds like maybe you need to go to a factory and design your own axe.

J

I want to hear you play.

Next time I come over.

;-)

Weekends are fucked for me, I'd need to pull a mid week vacation day.

Yeah. I'm off Monday and Tuesday usually.

:-)

I miss hanging out little fella.

I wish I could offer you Fuckers some of these floor model beds.

Basically priced at half my employee price.

:/

Haven't been checking my sugar for months.  It leveled out last summer when the prednisone finally left my system.  Well, I have lost 16 lbs in the past 3 weeks, been dehydrated as a mother with blurred vision, so I decided to check my sugar today.  483.  Love it.

Haven't been checking my sugar for months. It leveled out last summer when the prednisone finally left my system. Well, I have lost 16 lbs in the past 3 weeks, been dehydrated as a mother with blurred vision, so I decided to check my sugar today. 483. Love it.

Time to get some meds.

No Buenos bro.

The beetus sucks.

Haven't been checking my sugar for months.  It leveled out last summer when the prednisone finally left my system.  Well, I have lost 16 lbs in the past 3 weeks, been dehydrated as a mother with blurred vision, so I decided to check my sugar today.  483.  Love it.

I had to do a bio screening a few months ago,I was suppose to fast after 12pm..The next morning the closer to the store I got the more my stomach rumbled..So I got a quart of chocolate milk..They didn't say anything about liquid..Of course they chewed my ass when I told them I drank a chocolate milk..My blood sugar came back in the low 40's..So the next day I had to go back and they checked it after I ate and they said I was fine...