Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I was reading a climbing book the other day and the author (Steph Davis) mentioned a trip with Jimmy.

Small world huh.

I sat next to his ex girlfriend randomly at a wedding a while back. I almost slept with her in college and didn't recognize her. Doh!

All audio companies owe Sean. He is the Don of the audio cartels.

:-D

I think I found the cause of your joint problems, too much kneeling and bowing down.

I'm not gay but $20 is $20

I think I found the cause of your joint problems, too much kneeling and bowing down.

I hear ya.

Hmm, if not gay that is awful cheap....

Picked up a new Toro from the dealer today. Pretty much the same as our old one, except the motor isn't shot to hell and there isn't a primer bulb.

Hmm, if not gay that is awful cheap....

We have 2 BMW payments now....

I was just thinking that BMW should make an X7 SUV.

And they just announced it.

Lulz.

I know that is completely not what you wanted to hear but I have spent no less than $3000 on solutions for personal listening.NOTHING in the wild beats in ear monitors that are built to handle stage performance or similar. I see idiots with ove the ears(mostly beats by dre to be fair) and they are ALWAYS a hazard.Tight tucked monitors with cable management is the only was. Period. Andlything else is dangerous at minimum, and dangerous and shitty sounding at worst.

May I ask HOW are they a hazard? How is silence from the outside bullshit dangerous in your opinion?These are literally being purchased just for the gym. Maybe a flight if ABSOLUTELY need be as well. Just wasn't wanting to take the 'back of the truck' Ferrari beats to the gym. I don't sit around and listen to headphones, nor will I be running with them.J
Anything wireless has a battery. It adds weight to your head. If it's over ear or around ear it will be heavy as Fuck. Any exercises where your head moves and they WILL come off at some point. The headstrap is usually an inch over your skull and gets banged by stuff. You sweat and it grosses up the whole unit, makes in slippery....I don't care about noise cancellation as a risk, in ear monitors cancel better than anything anyway.In ear monitors are the most out of the way solution. They are purpose made for you to sweat and move like crazy but not get in the way. The added weight and size of wireless cans make absolutely no sense to me.
I never have had a problem with my wires beats which have batteries as well. Never had an issue with banging the top of my dome while lifting.J
You aren't lifting hard enough.LolI kid I kid.Let's put it into perspective, if musicians don't use wireless headsets, but use in ear monitors because it's more ergonomic why should you.If you don't run, jump rope, jump around or move quick then maybe the wireless can work. It still isn't optimal. Even if a musician is using a wireless audio receiver, the headphones are going to be in ear monitors.They just work better for a situation where you are moving.You gotta do you , but some good in ears with a good wire will not only outlast and outperform wireless headsets, they will also get out of the way more.
On the ears are useless always. Only two options. Over the ear or in the ear. For any situation with noise I'd much prefer the ITE.

No running or jumping around, literally lifting weights, stretching, and maybe once in awhile some stationary bike riding. Thats it.

I can understand the logic behing ITE, and if I Could find any that fit comfortably,I would give them a try. I just have yet to ever find any. Over the ear, is insanely comfortable for me.

J

Hard to go wrong with Koss Porta Pros for on the ear

A curious new trend has emerged in Bangkok, where young Thai men are identifying as “Mexican gangsters.” 

I know that is completely not what you wanted to hear but I have spent no less than $3000 on solutions for personal listening.NOTHING in the wild beats in ear monitors that are built to handle stage performance or similar. I see idiots with ove the ears(mostly beats by dre to be fair) and they are ALWAYS a hazard.Tight tucked monitors with cable management is the only was. Period. Andlything else is dangerous at minimum, and dangerous and shitty sounding at worst.

May I ask HOW are they a hazard? How is silence from the outside bullshit dangerous in your opinion?These are literally being purchased just for the gym. Maybe a flight if ABSOLUTELY need be as well. Just wasn't wanting to take the 'back of the truck' Ferrari beats to the gym. I don't sit around and listen to headphones, nor will I be running with them.J
Anything wireless has a battery. It adds weight to your head. If it's over ear or around ear it will be heavy as Fuck. Any exercises where your head moves and they WILL come off at some point. The headstrap is usually an inch over your skull and gets banged by stuff. You sweat and it grosses up the whole unit, makes in slippery....I don't care about noise cancellation as a risk, in ear monitors cancel better than anything anyway.In ear monitors are the most out of the way solution. They are purpose made for you to sweat and move like crazy but not get in the way. The added weight and size of wireless cans make absolutely no sense to me.
I never have had a problem with my wires beats which have batteries as well. Never had an issue with banging the top of my dome while lifting.J
You aren't lifting hard enough.LolI kid I kid.Let's put it into perspective, if musicians don't use wireless headsets, but use in ear monitors because it's more ergonomic why should you.If you don't run, jump rope, jump around or move quick then maybe the wireless can work. It still isn't optimal. Even if a musician is using a wireless audio receiver, the headphones are going to be in ear monitors.They just work better for a situation where you are moving.You gotta do you , but some good in ears with a good wire will not only outlast and outperform wireless headsets, they will also get out of the way more.
On the ears are useless always. Only two options. Over the ear or in the ear. For any situation with noise I'd much prefer the ITE.
No running or jumping around, literally lifting weights, stretching, and maybe once in awhile some stationary bike riding. Thats it.

I can understand the logic behing ITE, and if I Could find any that fit comfortably,I would give them a try. I just have yet to ever find any. Over the ear, is insanely comfortable for me.

J

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/jbl-reflect-bt-earbud-headphones-black/5633063.p?id=1219144863943&skuId=5633063

These are what I use at the gym. Even on the treadmill they don't fall out.

I used to use my westone lm pro10's only down side was the cord

China National Tire & Rubber Company, a division of China National Chemical Corporation, is working to buy Italian tire maker Pirelli for $7.7 billion. Shareholders have accepted the offer, but it remains to be seen if the tender offer price of 15 euros per share will be enough.

I was just thinking that BMW should make an X7 SUV.

And they just announced it.

Lulz.

That was announced a LONG time ago

The post I read was a day old. I think it was discussing the use of a v12

10387395_897791476921062_842322518518431

Some parts have arrived! Still waiting on the FJ springs for the rear lift.

IMAG0708.jpg

woot.gif

I too need to change the front CV's and the front ball-joints on the Jeep. Fun fun fun...

Fun for sure. smile.png

Axle seal let go on one side. Ball joints on that side were bad-ish. And the previous owner welded the axle tube to the housing, because the factory rosette weld broke. He didn't do a good job...so it needs further work.... a big overhaul. 

Called a friend who has a lot of Jeep parts, for $200 + my axle he's swapping in a good axle. WIN !

That kills the Nexus for me as well. It is also rather big which I may grab a Note if big would fit in the pocket.s

Nexus has SD. I'm almost 100% sure. Roommate wouldn't live without.

That's a negative. Nexus 4, 5 and 6 come without an SD slot. 4 can't even run OTG devices natively, I tried. 5 works with OTG card readers. 

So, I'm going bald.....

Do I just kill myself and end it all or are there other options?

Monkey butt thing where your scalp is? Minoxidil. Receding hairline? Propecia.

Can I double up?

Just take both and whatnot and get super hair?

If you get both, you'll either get long hair on top of your head or a reverse mullet :D

You wanna make $14....the hard way? 

Anyone ever run an "H" or an "X" in their dual exhaust?

H,x, and MAC prochamber.

Prochamber produced deepest tone, followed by H. X pipes are a bit raspy for my tastes.

I had to look up the prochamber. Learn about something new everyday on here. What are its effects on torque and power?

My interest is to gain low end torque. From the dyno sheets ppl have posted online, I gather the h pipe will boost torque, will the x boosts top end power.

Thanks for the reply R1. I honestly hadn't concidered the effects on sound. Right now the exhaust terminates at the mufflers and the exhaust drone is unbearable. I have long tube headers with 2.5" pipe. I think the mufflers are flow masters. My plan is to 90 the pipes out the side right in front of the rear tire. Initially wanted to do tri-y headers with and h pipe. My understanding is this combo balances the banks best on a sbf? I believe that is the setup Carol Shelby brought to the table.

You wanna make $14....the hard way?

Work hard.... Play hard.

Looking like I might get a day off this week!!!!