Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I really just needed to reverse engineer the selection process, based on how I handle my service job. I am looking for somebody that is interested in what I want, not what they want to do. Also does not mind explaining the logistics involved.

I talked to a media blaster yesterday. It really helped to get enlightened by somebody involved in the industry.

I think I about have the holley carburetor figured out. I have the idle circuit dialed, I have the transfer slot circuit dialed, and appropriate size jets and power valve.

The vacuum drops to almost 0 when I punch it. I would say there is more likely hesitation than a bog. I believe I should install a larger Excelerator pump nozzle, to introduce more fuel quicker.

Ryan or anybody else have input on this?

It's nice to see you guys discuss cooking.  With my current lack of a relationship, so little time at home doing home like stuff aka cooking/cleaning, and no one else to really cook for, I have lost almost all motivation to cook. 

Come on up. We can cook all weekend.

One of the rear brakes is dragging. I need to back out the self adjuster. The gentleman I purchased the master cylinder from, claimed the self adjusters would not work. I hadn't figured out why he said that, but I think I should.

I had chili for dinner to Mikey! This chili does not have ANY seasoning in it, not even salt and pepper. You would not know it by tasting it though. I used a habanero and a jalapeno for the bite and flavor. I browned the onions and bell peppers with the meat. And I love me some beans!! Mad source of protein. (it was late and the first meal of the day, so excuse the extra shitty pic)

10888767_868010483262739_325855115030226

Looks tastey!

Actually I like beans in mine, but surely won't use canned ones.  My comment on their being no beans in chili is still correct.

I love me some beans!

I had chili for dinner to Mikey! This chili does not have ANY seasoning in it, not even salt and pepper. You would not know it by tasting it though. I used a habanero and a jalapeno for the bite and flavor. I browned the onions and bell peppers with the meat. And I love me some beans!! Mad source of protein. (it was late and the first meal of the day, so excuse the extra shitty pic)10888767_868010483262739_325855115030226

Looks tastey!

Was very tasty Mikey! Basically my vegetarian chili with hamburger in it. :)

I think I about have the holley carburetor figured out. I have the idle circuit dialed, I have the transfer slot circuit dialed, and appropriate size jets and power valve.

The vacuum drops to almost 0 when I punch it. I would say there is more likely hesitation than a bog. I believe I should install a larger Excelerator pump nozzle, to introduce more fuel quicker.

I am carb stupid. Small engine carbs, no problem, but I've never worked on an automotive unit.

I am carb stupid. Small engine carbs, no problem, but I've never worked on an automotive unit.
Thank you for the input my friend. I about have my head wrapped around the concept, and believe I understand the theory. The Holley is based on circuits. Each circuit needs to kick in in the appropriate order, and adjusted in that same order.

Do you potentially have a vacuum leak?  Could exasperate the hesitation and drop.

I'd fatten it up and see if it gets worse or better. Lean stumble is bad, rich bog better but both need fixing

I talked to a media blaster yesterday. It really helped to get enlightened by somebody involved in the industry.

Talked to a guy over the weekend who had really good luck with aluminum oxide blasting on the last truck he had painted, painters thought it left a fantastic surface.  

Do you potentially have a vacuum leak?  Could exasperate the hesitation and drop.

Most likely not a leak. I have all the vacuum lines capped, and checked for leaks around the intake and carburetor.

Install a wideband :lol:

I am considering it, That an electric cutouts. A solid understanding of the tuning process is still needed though.

I'd fatten it up and see if it gets worse or better. Lean stumble is bad, rich bog better but both need fixing

That's the plan my friend. ;)

Talked to a guy over the weekend who had really good luck with aluminum oxide blasting on the last truck he had painted, painters thought it left a fantastic surface.

That's exactly what the gentleman said he would use. Was telling me about how it was mine in Florida, when I asked him if it was synthetic.

My understanding of the combustion engine, is that the vacuum is created by the thermal dynamics of the engine. From my understanding the timing is what controls where the heat is in the motor. This affects the cacuum being pulled through the Venturi.

On a Holley carburetor all functions except for the Excelerator pump are vacuum operated. The Excelerator pump is controlled mechanically with the throttle linkage. There are three variables to Excelerator pump, the diaphragm, the linkage Cam and the squirters.

That's the plan my friend. wink.png

I should clarify my carburetor tuning knowledge is all 2 stroke related...but it is exactly what should be done.  Find out if it is a fat or lean stumble and then adjust.

*assumed you were timed appropriately

My understanding of the combustion engine, is that the vacuum is created by the thermal dynamics of the engine. From my understanding the timing is what controls where the heat is in the motor. This affects the cacuum being pulled through the Venturi.

On a Holley carburetor all functions except for the Excelerator pump are vacuum operated. The Excelerator pump is controlled mechanically with the throttle linkage. There are three variables to Excelerator pump, the diaphragm, the linkage Cam and the squirters.

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

Vacuum is created on the initial stroke which fills the cylinders. The up stroke compresses the air/fuel mixture. Spark ignites the mixture which forces the piston down or the power stroke, then final stroke back up is to exhaust the gases and empty the cylinder to begin again.

You should always have vacuum unless boosted. It is independent of fuel or spark.

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

Vacuum is created on the initial stroke which fills the cylinders. The up stroke compresses the air/fuel mixture. Spark ignites the mixture which forces the piston down or the power stroke, then final stroke back up is to exhaust the gases and empty the cylinder to begin again.

Poor choice of words on my part. Should've said, vacuum strength can being manipulated with timing. Without overthinking it, I believe this is because of the thermal aspect. Am I wrong in theory?

I am pretty keen on the four cycles btw, but still appreciate your knowledge. :)

You should always have vacuum unless boosted. It is independent of fuel or spark.

Define boosted please? :D