Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Talked to step brother. He says install a smaller carb for starters. He is not a fan of holley's either, and thinks thats 1/2 my problem. and then the smart route after that's change cams, for street-ability. So basically re-rebuild the top end. Tear it down and get an engine builders advice, and possibly just hand the job over. (most likely at this point)

The carb is wrong because everything else is. I won't comment on his hatred of Holley.

Honestly, I woukd get some casting numbers off the heads geton the Mustang forums and get more information. You just need to know what you have first. There's so much knowledge out there and engines are simple machines.

Header purchased for the P5.  Something breaks?  Upgrade time.  Will be a nice weight reduction with maybe a pinch of the torques.  Either way it will help the car with the zoom zoomz.

First AX event this Sunday.

Header purchased for the P5. Something breaks? Upgrade time. Will be a nice weight reduction with maybe a pinch of the torques. Either way it will help the car with the zoom zoomz.

Good luck!

Header purchased for the P5. Something breaks? Upgrade time. Will be a nice weight reduction with maybe a pinch of the torques. Either way it will help the car with the zoom zoomz.

Good luck!

Thank you sir.  I have barely driven the car, so my cone awareness is going to suck.

If I knew I could find summer employment in Colorado I would quickly become a snow bird.  The gf and I have actually been debating it but her line of work probably wouldn't be forgiving.

Cost of living here is high, as with where you are at I assume. The best route is cater to people in aspen for a seasonal job. Depending on your skills. A lot of the jobs are outdoor activity related.

It's about the same as St Pete minus the heating vs ac difference in cost.

I am just enjoying St Pete for now, but I may move in another few years. Not sure what I'm going to do yet.

J

J - you aren't hearing any knock are you?

I am not following the jump from Temp to Vacuum.

From what I know, the ideal gas law states. PV=nRT

Therefore more cylinder pressure = higher temp. You can surely adjust your pressure with spark timing and along with it pressure.

As for vacuum, it is created by the piston moving up and down. The carb restricts flow of air causing there to be vacuum. In a completely efficient engine the rate of flow of air would be the overall displacement of the engine multiplied by the number of strokes it takes during that time. The only time then you should have "positive" vacuum is when you are not delivering that much air via some restriction. Obviously at idle you will have more since the throttle/carb is nearly closed.

I see that as efficiency, so on one aspect less heat = more efficiency and more efficiency has more capability to "suck" air but I am having a problem connecting the two.

I am far from a guru on anything engines in the cause and effect realm, but something I'd like to learn more about.

No knocking sounds.

More timing=more heat=more power? Not looking for efficiency, but more POWER!

I have a 650 cfm carb, the engine is a 289ci. The reason I'm not asking the mustang forum is they will just tell me carb is to big. I disagree with them for my setup. Might need to find a racing forum.

Have you done head work?  Even with a big bump stick that carb is too big.

And btw, you ARE looking for efficiency.  Power is proportional to efficiency.

I have not done head work. My understanding is a bigger carb will net in poorer fuel economy only.

The efficiency I think I am looking for is max cylinder pressure.

It will also create a bog at take off from idle.

Header purchased for the P5. Something breaks? Upgrade time. Will be a nice weight reduction with maybe a pinch of the torques. Either way it will help the car with the zoom zoomz.First AX event this Sunday.

Good luck!

Thank you sir.  I have barely driven the car, so my cone awareness is going to suck.
Hopefully it will be a noticeable difference Aaron. I would love a report back. :)

I'm going to be up processing photos tonight... Then meet my new boss tomorrow.

Bleh.

Good subject matter?

New boss?

J

It was my old boss going away party.

And I didn't have the ISO high enough.

Grain>nothing in focus.

I couldn't get the settings right in for auto I SO and I got greedy.

Had to shoot way too much at 1.2.

It was so low light...

Bounce flash

Considering the time has already passed, I would try to salvage what is left with sharpening, adjusting the brightness, or changing them to b&w.

J

Talked to step brother. He says install a smaller carb for starters. He is not a fan of holley's either, and thinks thats 1/2 my problem. and then the smart route after that's change cams, for street-ability. So basically re-rebuild the top end. Tear it down and get an engine builders advice, and possibly just hand the job over. (most likely at this point)

The carb is wrong because everything else is. I won't comment on his hatred of Holley.

Honestly, I woukd get some casting numbers off the heads geton the Mustang forums and get more information. You just need to know what you have first. There's so much knowledge out there and engines are simple machines.

Yep, that motor can swallow the carb IF the rest is built to match

Bleh.

Good subject matter?

New boss?

J

Grain>nothing in focus.

It was so low light...

Bounce flash

Considering the time has already passed, I would try to salvage what is left with sharpening, adjusting the brightness, or changing them to b&w.

J

He knows, he also knows I was just being a dick

Bleh.

Good subject matter?

New boss?

J

Grain>nothing in focus.

It was so low light...

Bounce flash

I didn't want to distract people. Would have to use some unique bounce with the ceilings and being under the subject.

Everyone was on a stage. Up the nose flash is not so flattering.

Bleh.

Good subject matter?

New boss?

J

Grain>nothing in focus.

It was so low light...

Bounce flash

I didn't want to distract people. Would have to use some unique bounce with the ceilings and being under the subject.

That is a major bitch. Even worse if they are lit in red lights.

J

If I knew I could find summer employment in Colorado I would quickly become a snow bird.  The gf and I have actually been debating it but her line of work probably wouldn't be forgiving.

Cost of living here is high, as with where you are at I assume. The best route is cater to people in aspen for a seasonal job. Depending on your skills. A lot of the jobs are outdoor activity related.

I am just enjoying St Pete for now, but I may move in another few years. Not sure what I'm going to do yet.

J

Prices down here in ft myers and the PC area have grown so much we're on par with the sarasota area (you can get a much nicer house in sarasota as well).  Tons of people moving up to your area for that reason.  

Bleh.

Good subject matter?

New boss?

J

Grain>nothing in focus.

It was so low light...

Bounce flash

J

Yup. All reds.

I am getting extremely efficient with Lightroom though. It makes WB easy.

I still don't create profiles I hit each pic individually, but it's good stuff.

J

Prices down here in ft myers and the PC area have grown so much we're on par with the sarasota area (you can get a much nicer house in sarasota as well).  Tons of people moving up to your area for that reason.

Hence wanting to buy. Insanely cheaper than renting.

J

Bleh.

Good subject matter?

New boss?

J

Grain>nothing in focus.

It was so low light...

Bounce flash

J

Yup. All reds.

I am getting extremely efficient with Lightroom though. It makes WB easy.

I still don't create profiles I hit each pic individually, but it's good stuff.

I really should learn lightroom. Once I upgrade my laptop /get a desktop for music and photography I will.

J

Yep, that motor can swallow the carb IF the rest is built to match

Ryan, I trust AND respect your opinion. Please give it to me blunt, I can handle it. Infact I am pretty hard headed and can be very ignorant, if you hadn't noticed. I need friends that give it to me straight, to jolt me into perspective. I won't get affended I promise.

Sean, I think you already know how to handle me. Please tell me what I'm missing? Speak your mind.

My wife says I have Aspergur's disorder, emphasis on the "ass".

J

What does your girlfriend do vladd? If you don't mind me asking.

I've been speaking my mind, lol.  Big cam needs heads.  Big carb needs complete package: fuel pump, heads, intake, exhaust etc.

Speaking of exhaust my AR long tube + cat replacement headers just showed up 20 minutes ago.

And yeah, I know :stfu:

Here is one side:

IMG_20150415_142523_zpsgbj9p3zb.jpg

Event Coordinator currently, was props master at a few theatres as well. 

And yeah, I know :stfu:

Here is one side:

IMG_20150415_142523_zpsgbj9p3zb.jpg

I'm stoked for you! Bet your giddy watching the collection of parts growing. :)

My workbench is TOO SMALL!

Any 10" sub with a less than 4.75" mounting depth that you'd rather own than JL 10w1v3's?

And yes, I don't really want those either but from an output perspective they will be nearly an equal to the SS RLp I ran sealed in my old truck so they will do what I need.

1.3cuft is the shared volume for the pair...

Yes, stupid Stealthbox.  Really wish Dcon's fit.  Not that I can buy the Stealthbox unloaded, but I figure I'd try a local dealer and see.  And yes any sub really will be fine if the w1's work, I know....just would prefer to not have JL's lol.