Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Shit, nevermind. 5.5"

Thanks for looking.

My other option is to stay subless...but then I need to put 8's in the doors and build some full rangers up top.  Don't have time for that shit right now.

I may be completely out of my mind here, but what about 2-4 6" subwoofers under the seats? Since all you want is the sound, they may work out.

J

Was actually thinking of using the rear doors as sub enclosures....but I also have wire leads there and easily could still allow the kids to watch something in the backseat and listen to it while I am listening to something else in the front.

Bolting in an enclosure in an hour and driving away is appealing.

JL Box is more than adequate for my needs, just retardedly expensive

JL%20vs%20SS%20RLp_zpsh9yzl5i2.png

Graphs are at full RMS.  To be fair the wimpy JL's are beyond their Xmax on the really low end, but not far enough to be damaged.  The Rlp could actually take some more power to equalize things....but I don't have more power so I didn't bother showing it that way.

They also have ZERO processing on those signals which you know I'll knock the levels down to make them how I want them.

Room for a shallow mount under the drivers seat perhaps? I think pioneer makes one already in an enclosure, assume other company's do too.

I don't think I could bring myself to pay that for a prefit box ethier.

There are a few that fit, but I bet my mids play bass as well as they do.  :Doh:

Wouldn't the under seat sub reinforce what's already there? Close proximity too, with the added bonus of not bumping out kiddos. More sound displacement is more sound displacement.

Room for a shallow mount under the drivers seat perhaps? I think pioneer makes one already in an enclosure, assume other company's do too.

There are a few that fit, but I bet my mids play bass as well as they do. :Doh:
Wouldn't the under seat sub reinforce what's already there? Close proximity too, with the added bonus of not bumping out kiddos. More sound displacement is more sound displacement.
small excursion small box low SD doesn't do well for lfe

There are a few that fit, but I bet my mids play bass as well as they do. :Doh:
I didn't realize you were going for so much impact. Is there no physical way a sub that shallow can still produce 30hz sufficiently? What's the limiting factor in the design? Is there a company that pushes the design to the edge of the limiting factor?

Header purchased for the P5.  Something breaks?  Upgrade time.  Will be a nice weight reduction with maybe a pinch of the torques.  Either way it will help the car with the zoom zoomz.

First AX event this Sunday.

:woot: 

Shit, nevermind. 5.5"

What do you have? 

I'm looking for new sub / subs :) 

Header purchased for the P5.  Something breaks?  Upgrade time.  Will be a nice weight reduction with maybe a pinch of the torques.  Either way it will help the car with the zoom zoomz.

First AX event this Sunday.

woot.gif

I missed the headers.  Mine came yesterday

:woot:

IMG_20150415_142523_zpsgbj9p3zb.jpg

If I could get funky pup dustcaps for the JL's I'd pay extra.  They will be so visible it'd be sweet.

Exactly why I want to run an SSA woofer though.  I debadge my shit generally, but two subs tucked in the rear window with the right name is acceptable to me.

There are a few that fit, but I bet my mids play bass as well as they do. Doh.gif
I didn't realize you were going for so much impact. Is there no physical way a sub that shallow can still produce 30hz sufficiently? What's the limiting factor in the design? Is there a company that pushes the design to the edge of the limiting factor?

It isn't impact but balance.  I don't want to have to have 3 processor setups for different listening volumes.  The next portion is flexibility.  I can surely have the mids do more work, but then they get funky at reference levels.

Limiting factor is Sd & excursion of course assuming the rest of the parameters let you use the excursion.

On a normal day the sub won't do much.  Doesn't mean I won't appreciate it.  The rest of the truck is over the top...makes me think wimping out on the subs isn't right.  I also lose flexibility if I do which I don't like.  In particular since everything else in the truck is so flexible.  Hell I already have an extra MiniDSP for the sub/s as well. :P

/\ that post was typed before the others...

Is that JL design so complex we can fab something up over a case of beer Sean?

I'm completely with you on the bolt it and go witch though.

I might. People pics are hard to share and stay anon.

Just blur their faces out. :lol:

Shit, nevermind. 5.5"

What do you have?

I'm looking for new sub / subs :)

4 Fi 90dolla 10s.

If I could get funky pup dustcaps for the JL's I'd pay extra. They will be so visible it'd be sweet.

Now THOSE I do have.

Glad the first semester is winding down. While this isn't shit IMO, I will just glad to be rid of one class in particular.

J

Any 10" sub with a less than 4.75" mounting depth that you'd rather own than JL 10w1v3's?

And yes, I don't really want those either but from an output perspective they will be nearly an equal to the SS RLp I ran sealed in my old truck so they will do what I need.

1.3cuft is the shared volume for the pair...

Yes, stupid Stealthbox. Really wish Dcon's fit. Not that I can buy the Stealthbox unloaded, but I figure I'd try a local dealer and see. And yes any sub really will be fine if the w1's work, I know....just would prefer to not have JL's lol.

I might have something for you. Let me go measure depth.

Is that your new pick up line? adhd.gifgayhaaay1.gif

Exactly why I want to run an SSA woofer though.  I debadge my shit generally, but two subs tucked in the rear window with the right name is acceptable to me.

If we could afford to add a shallow mount, we would.

Is that JL design so complex we can fab something up over a case of beer Sean?

I'm completely with you on the bolt it and go witch though.

Almost brings into play Jared's economic question on painting his car.  "Can" of course.  Being carpet is on both sides and such I figure by the time I am done and buy woofers it may be less cost effective than buying regrettably.

If I could get funky pup dustcaps for the JL's I'd pay extra. They will be so visible it'd be sweet.

Now THOSE I do have.

Hmmm...

Any 10" sub with a less than 4.75" mounting depth that you'd rather own than JL 10w1v3's?

And yes, I don't really want those either but from an output perspective they will be nearly an equal to the SS RLp I ran sealed in my old truck so they will do what I need.

1.3cuft is the shared volume for the pair...

Yes, stupid Stealthbox. Really wish Dcon's fit. Not that I can buy the Stealthbox unloaded, but I figure I'd try a local dealer and see. And yes any sub really will be fine if the w1's work, I know....just would prefer to not have JL's lol.

I might have something for you. Let me go measure depth.

Is that your new pick up line? adhd.gifgayhaaay1.gif

He doesn't want to break her