Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Ask an expert function!?!!!

Lol?

"Can I whip my Wang out on the office ladies?"

Six year old wants a knight themed room. Starting a castle head board for him.

IMG_20150416_103417.jpg

IMG_20150416_103417.jpg

He is going to love it! How are you going to paint/finish it?

Michelangelo: "Sure I'll paint your ceiling"

Michelangelo under his breath: but it's gonna have a bunch of dudes with they dicks out.

Dude's fingering is horseshit.

He is WAY faster than me, but about at his end for improving unless he steps it up and reconfigures his playing style.  Lick isn't that hard btw.

I think the logical solution to solve my problem of the big ass vacuum leak I call a carburetor, is get a smaller carb. Any other option seems akin to buying a new law mower bc the spark plug needs changed.

The math I found states; engine displacement * max RPM's / 3456ci = max cfm needed. 

289ci @4k =334cfm

289ci @5k=418cfm

289ci @6k=501cfm

Most of the comments on the mustang forum suggest a 500-600cfm. I did not post my setup, just read others experiences.

It won't be blueprinted, but should be good enough for the girls I live with!!  After more use I would hope to be more dialed on what, if anything, I want to do from there. Sounds logical so far.

Am I on track? anything I am missing? what factors affect the math above??????? 

At this point i think a 500cfm or 570cfm would be good. Could do a 450cfm also. The factory compression should be 9:3/1. Who knows what heads and cam. BUT I am working on extraditing this info out of cousin AS WE SPEAK!!!!!! So at this point I am really just curious about the math end of equation posted above. Would love other input, and will report back with the more info. Thanks.

Steve on the otherhand.  Fuck.

I think the logical solution to solve my problem of the big ass vacuum leak I call a carburetor, is get a smaller carb. Any other option seems akin to buying a new law mower bc the spark plug needs changed.

The math I found states; engine displacement * max RPM's / 3456ci = max cfm needed. 

289ci @4k =334cfm

289ci @5k=418cfm

289ci @6k=501cfm

Most of the comments on the mustang forum suggest a 500-600cfm. I did not post my setup, just read others experiences.

It won't be blueprinted, but should be good enough for the girls I live with!!  After more use I would hope to be more dialed on what, if anything, I want to do from there. Sounds logical so far.

Am I on track? anything I am missing? what factors affect the math above??????? 

At this point i think a 500cfm or 570cfm would be good. Could do a 450cfm also. The factory compression should be 9:3/1. Who knows what heads and cam. BUT I am working on extraditing this info out of cousin AS WE SPEAK!!!!!! So at this point I am really just curious about the math end of equation posted above. Would love other input, and will report back with the more info. Thanks.

The problem with your math is units.  You are left with RPM's if you divide CI * RPM/CI

It is also weird to me that 3456/12 is 288 (almost 289...).  Curious why a factor of 288 cuft is used.

To get CFM you are going to have a "feet" on the top and minute on the bottom.  Your equation has the minute on the bottom, but has revolutions and two sets of cubic inches....can't be right.

IMG_20150416_103417.jpg

He is going to love it! How are you going to paint/finish it?

Not a hundred percent sure yet. I'm not really the plan everything out out in advance kind of person...

He is WAY faster than me, but about at his end for improving unless he steps it up and reconfigures his playing style.  Lick isn't that hard btw.

Oh but you are sadly WRONG Sean. The amount of articulation he shows in his expressing his imagination, thoughts, and manifestations is beyond incredible. ALMOST Divine.

You would be doing yourself a great disservice not to watch this WHOLE video. I can highlight certain times if you don't have the patience.

About the only point he actually plays is @2:00:00hrs, but the way he describes applying physics to life, AND playing guitar, is truly profound and inspirational.

His ability to articulate himself reviles yours. Enough of my opinion, I would hope I spawned enough desire for you to watch. :)

apologies, though you were talking about Steve. peepwall.gif

<---heading to Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society "unblacked" (acoustical) show in Grand Junction here in just a few minutes!!!!!! Should be an epic night. :) 

Quoted from a physics forum I find my self reading often. Think It sums up what I was struggling with in regard to timing and heat. The link is at the bottom:

You seem to have a good handle on what to expect and why. I would reccomend googling 'mass fraction burned' to give more insight into combustion behavior. It becomes very clear that unburned charge can make its way out of the chaimber with too little ignition timing. The time for complete charge burning varies with mixture strength, cylinder pressure and temp, and the octane of the fuel. To get the whole shooting match just right is a delicate balance. It is easy to see with a wideband lamda sensor and display, while tweaking ignition timing realtime. Idle mixtures can change from 13:1 with 12deg timing to >18:1 by adding 10-15deg of timing(that is without touching fueling!). Also, one of the reasons that retarded ignition timing is used at idle is to ensure a steady solid idle. The engine will pick up quite a bit of torque and rpm if the idle timing is advanced from 5-10 degrees, bit this comes at a cost of instability as engine temps change and altenator loads fluctuate. So a trade-off is struck with less efficient and ecconomical timing, for the benefit of a rock solid idle.

Reference https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/ignition-timing-vs-heat-distribution-in-the-engine.701885/

Oh but you are sadly WRONG Sean. The amount of articulation he shows in his expressing his imagination, thoughts, and manifestations is beyond incredible. ALMOST Divine.

You would be doing yourself a great disservice not to watch this WHOLE video. I can highlight certain times if you don't have the patience.

About the only point he actually plays is @2:00:00hrs, but the way he describes applying physics to life, AND playing guitar, is truly profound and inspirational.

His ability to articulate himself reviles yours. Enough of my opinion, I would hope I spawned enough desire for you to watch. :)

Incredibly intelligent individual, with some serious abilities. One of the best 25 guitarists in the last 30 years.

<---heading to Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society "unblacked" (acoustical) show in Grand Junction here in just a few minutes!!!!!! Should be an epic night. :)

You should have a blast. Hopefully Zakk's vocals are in tune, and he is into the crowd. When he played in Tampa (at the Ritz in Ybor) his vocals were half assed, and with the small crowd he seemed like he was phoning it in.

J

Workplace harassment training!!!!!

Woopwoop!

So fun!

Is it sexual assault on Mikey's part if someone walks in on him tea bagging the sink?

His ability to articulate himself reviles yours. Enough of my opinion, I would hope I spawned enough desire for you to watch. smile.png

I was talking about the person talking and playing NOT Steve.  The other video I'll watch later.

apologies, though you were talking about Steve. peepwall.gif

Ha, no way.

Any 10" sub with a less than 4.75" mounting depth that you'd rather own than JL 10w1v3's?

And yes, I don't really want those either but from an output perspective they will be nearly an equal to the SS RLp I ran sealed in my old truck so they will do what I need.

1.3cuft is the shared volume for the pair...

Yes, stupid Stealthbox. Really wish Dcon's fit. Not that I can buy the Stealthbox unloaded, but I figure I'd try a local dealer and see. And yes any sub really will be fine if the w1's work, I know....just would prefer to not have JL's lol.

I might have something for you. Let me go measure depth.

Is that your new pick up line? adhd.gifgayhaaay1.gif

Dude, shit has been crazy for me lately. I had no luck with the internet dating thing, so I just stopped. Next thing you know, I'm meeting bitches left and right, and getting laid like crazy. No effort. I am exhausted.

I was talking about the person talking and playing NOT Steve.  The other video I'll watch later.

You'll love, so would Matt. Steve knows how to channel some serious energy. I hope to have time to watch again over the next few days.

Any 10" sub with a less than 4.75" mounting depth that you'd rather own than JL 10w1v3's?

And yes, I don't really want those either but from an output perspective they will be nearly an equal to the SS RLp I ran sealed in my old truck so they will do what I need.

1.3cuft is the shared volume for the pair...

Yes, stupid Stealthbox. Really wish Dcon's fit. Not that I can buy the Stealthbox unloaded, but I figure I'd try a local dealer and see. And yes any sub really will be fine if the w1's work, I know....just would prefer to not have JL's lol.

I might have something for you. Let me go measure depth.
Is that your new pick up line? :wacky::gayhaaay1:

Dude, shit has been crazy for me lately. I had no luck with the internet dating thing, so I just stopped. Next thing you know, I'm meeting bitches left and right, and getting laid like crazy. No effort. I am exhausted.

That's what I call being the old bull. I expect some raunchy stories!

Incredibly intelligent individual, with some serious abilities. One of the best 25 guitarists in the last 30 years.

You should have a blast. Hopefully Zakk's vocals are in tune, and he is into the crowd. When he played in Tampa (at the Ritz in Ybor) his vocals were half assed, and with the small crowd he seemed like he was phoning it in.

J

We will see, it is in a small theater. I watched a few vids of recent shows and gathered the hit or miss on vocals.

I am chevked into the hotel. Has a kitchenette so want to cook wifey a personable dinner. Any suggestions for something that can be bought in the right portion, and easy to prepare with limited kitchen? I am thinking spaghetti or crab legs. Heading to the store here in a minute...