Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I want to re-learn guitar just so I can play this.

That actually isn't all that hard.  Nailing the tone much harder than the fingering which is pretty mundane.  Don't get me wrong, for me to play it I'd need the music and a few days but wouldn't be all that bad.  An no, I don't know how to read tabs I meant music which I am sure doesn't exist.

My thing is do I just start learning upside down again, or find a leftie? I remember the blues chords and that's about it. BIL has a USA Jackson with the non painted neck, I plan on starting with at this point.

You should learn right.  If you are a lefty, then play lefty.  You can surely string a guitar upside down to start.  Will make anything above the 12th octave a bitch, but you don't need that anyways for a while as it is just repeating what is down low.

1450898_864849846912136_7347429122659916

This is the beater I speak of. I need to get an amp though. I will give rightie a whirl, would be nice as I can pick up and play anywhere that way.

Talked to BIL and a mechanic about the mustang. They both believe the pre-detonation is bc the distributor is off a tooth.

Hey J, i tried turning the key on and off without starting it and leaving the key on the third and fifth time, the dash lights did nothing like you said man...maybe theres another way?

It was worth a try. Only works on OBD not OBD-II. Most manufacturers switched in 95 I believe, The rest in 96. There was all kinds of crazy ways to retrieve the code back then. Honestly your best bet is to go to an auto parts store and see if you can get one on loan, or see if they will test it for you. Once you have those codes post them on here and everybody will be able to help you from there.

Oreilly and every chain owned in the conglomerate rents them for free.  Have to use them in their parking lot as you leave your DL, but it is really a great service IMO

They charge a refundable deposit for tool rental here. I haven't borrowed a scanner tool though, so who knows. Just a heads up so you are prepared if needed.

They do the same here with ones you take home.  You buy and return, but get all your $$ back.  The reader they don't check out though, but let you use at the store.

I made carbonara again tonight, so Annikya could try it. Damn did I get lucky last week, bc I fucked it up good tonight.

What happened?  Or what was the resultant bad taste/feeling?  Can probably help avoid that re-occuring.

Was a few factors that contributed. First was I had the pan hotter than the noodles, second forgot to add back some of the starch water, third was I used Parm Reg as suggested. The shredder made the cheese really fine, and was like custard when mixed with the egg. Last time I used the big shaved style. So ya, mostly I fucked up the temp. I will try with just egg whites next time and stir everything together outside of the saute' pan.

Started an oral regiment of prednisone today. Hopefully will get my eczema into remission.

Ish. Hope it clears up fast for you!

I hope brother. Is only on my hands, from over washing them. On the plus side I quit smoking cold turkey 4 days ago, and have lost 12 pounds in the last 2 weeks.

I made carbonara again tonight, so Annikya could try it. Damn did I get lucky last week, bc I fucked it up good tonight.

What happened?  Or what was the resultant bad taste/feeling?  Can probably help avoid that re-occuring.

Was a few factors that contributed. First was I had the pan hotter than the noodles, second forgot to add back some of the starch water, third was I used Parm Reg as suggested. The shredder made the cheese really fine, and was like custard when mixed with the egg. Last time I used the big shaved style. So ya, mostly I fucked up the temp. I will try with just egg whites next time and stir everything together outside of the saute' pan.

I prefer it shredded.  Definitely like a custard when mixed in the egg...but if it cooks after its bad.

Started an oral regiment of prednisone today. Hopefully will get my eczema into remission.

I hope brother. Is only on my hands, from over washing them. On the plus side I quit smoking cold turkey 4 days ago, and have lost 12 pounds in the last 2 weeks.

Holy hell.  Congrats.  Sorry about the hands....but hold strong on the lung darts.

Holy hell.  Congrats.  Sorry about the hands....but hold strong on the lung darts.

Required some mad channeling of energy, BUT I was relieved of the obsession instantly. Thanks to a few of you guys for helping me get to that mindset. You wouldn't believe how.

I prefer it shredded.  Definitely like a custard when mixed in the egg...but if it cooks after its bad.

Yeah, it was nasty as the egg cooked separate from the noodles. Nothing but a learning curve though. :)

Required some mad channeling of energy, BUT I was relieved of the obsession instantly. Thanks to a few of you guys for helping me get to that mindset. You wouldn't believe how.

Don't know what the big deal is.  Smoking isn't hard to quit.  I ought to know, I've done it at least a hundred times.

Then I finally decided to not quit, but instead to not be a smoker.  Takes that reality to stay without.

I want to re-learn guitar just so I can play this.

That actually isn't all that hard.  Nailing the tone much harder than the fingering which is pretty mundane.  Don't get me wrong, for me to play it I'd need the music and a few days but wouldn't be all that bad.  An no, I don't know how to read tabs I meant music which I am sure doesn't exist.

My thing is do I just start learning upside down again, or find a leftie? I remember the blues chords and that's about it. BIL has a USA Jackson with the non painted neck, I plan on starting with at this point.

You should learn right.  If you are a lefty, then play lefty.  You can surely string a guitar upside down to start.  Will make anything above the 12th octave a bitch, but you don't need that anyways for a while as it is just repeating what is down low.

1450898_864849846912136_7347429122659916

This is the beater I speak of. I need to get an amp though. I will give rightie a whirl, would be nice as I can pick up and play anywhere that way.

Beater?  That is a Jackson Pro.  Built in Japan at the Fender plant.  Strange that there are no inlays.  I assume it is a bolt on neck as it has the Seymour designed but Jackson built pickups.  Hell of a starter guitar though.  Needs some cleaning up hardcore though as those frets look DRY.

Then I finally decided to not quit, but instead to not be a smoker.  Takes that reality to stay without.

The power of self influence is absurd. Required our system, my rant about efficient use of time, a influence book and realizing its like a little baby blanky, much like Mikeys behaviors. So ya, thanks Sean, Matt and mickey!

I am doing everything I can to not email on the guitar you found J.  Would make a great 2nd guitar for drop tunings lol.  Currently my old Ibanez is in Eb

The power of self influence is absurd. Required our system, my rant about efficient use of time, a influence book and realizing its like a little baby blanky, much like Mikeys behaviors. So ya, thanks Sean, Matt and mickey!

Mickey Mouse smokes?  Thought he just did the hard shit

And yes, save your smoking for something worth smoking.

How unlearned is your guitar?  I understand that you know a couple chords, but what about music in general?  Do you know what the chord consists of?  What is up a 5th from root, down a 5th?  Any scales?

Curious as I could write out some stuff for you to start to understand, but I am not sure I am a good one to go back too far as general music shit for me was when I was still in the single digits so laying out what to learn from square 1 would be hard for me.

I am also not sure what you mean by a blues chord.  There are really just chords.  Base ones include 3 notes.  More complex add notes like: 7, major 7, 6, 2 ,9, 13 etc.  Obviously major and minor positions of each.

Now is a good time in your life to do something with your fingers btw.

And there is a fitting saying I resonate with, not sure from who but whatever.

"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is now"  Don't wait until tomorrow, start playing today.

I am going to write a few songs (no lyrics) before I leave Asia.  I find it better to do so without the guitar than with it.  Want something that is 100% original to use for backing and playing scales, will help rekindle my memory of what the hell goes with what where.

lickscreen.gif

Sean can you do any fingerstyle work?

Never had any experience with it and just started trying it. I knew I would struggle but holy cow is it demoralizing!!! 

Has anyone had extensive time with an IS300, manual if possible?

Congrats man!!

I know you can do it!!! Especially if my chain smoking self can.

J

The other day some of you were talking about grass-fed vs corn-fed cattle in terms of taste and nutrition. I found multiple papers that showed some differences in fat composition and antioxidants. The authors didn't imply anything in terms to health, just said this is what we found, which is as expected. The differences in fat composition were insignificant in terms of health, but the amount of antioxidants found in the grass-fed cattle meat was. So what happens? A bunch of fucking idiots with blogs write that the grass-fed meat is healthier due to more antioxidants and cite the study as proof. Only problem is they don't know the antioxidant was an enzyme and when eaten is going to be cleaved the fuck up, so the point is null.

And they taste bad.  Same stupid fuckers that bred all of the flavor out of the cattle in the US.  The level of hatred I have for these fucks is not measureable.
The place we like to by meat from has local cows that they say are grass fed and grain finished and they are amazingly tasty. They don't have prime marbling, but I've accidentally overcooked the steak before and it was still extremely tasty. Of course, this is all compared to Walmart beef... (yes I can't stand it, and no, there's not really a better place in town. Yes, I know that is sad.)

When I see the pictures of the beef you ate in Japan, it looks amazing, but it makes me wonder how healthy that animal could have been. And don't you think the healthiness is somewhat "passed on" to the consumer? Maybe not.

Animals are super healthy.  Have to realize they have a wicked short life when grown for meat.

If cows have no marbling they taste like ass compared to ones that do.  Seriously.  And yes, Walmart meat is inedible.

I can agree with all this. The meat at Sam's club isn't too bad, but still would prefer a real butcher.

J

Not to mention you get pimped on the weight per price ratio at wally world then getting it processed yourself,I do like the Kroger rib-eye steaks when they have them on sale I will not lie.. I usually get 3 nice thick ones for a fair price here :)

Price matters, but only to a point. If the quality is superb, then I will gladly spend the cash.

J

Here is some grade A-5 you can buy locally.

http://www.costco.com/D’Artagnan-Japanese-Wagyu-Boneless-Ribeye-Roast-A-5-Grade.product.100082950.html

This is a piece of art, but at that price point, I cannot justify the purchase.

J

I am doing everything I can to not email on the guitar you found J.  Would make a great 2nd guitar for drop tunings lol.  Currently my old Ibanez is in Eb

Just email him Sean. He might be willing to drop a bit lower since you would be flying in.

J

Has anyone had extensive time with an IS300, manual if possible?

ISF yes.  Even that is boring.  A guy that works for me had a 300, really slow and way to fucking small.