Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

On that car I think they pay a 300-400% tax. Yep. WTF!

The room I am in is over $5k/night during F1. Of course I can see the track out my window. Might make it one of the $10k+ rooms. I am only on the 21st floor too.

Seriously, the 7Dii is the most versatile, and IMO single best camera on the market short of the 1dx kind of cameras.

If you had to have just one body, that is THE body.

If you do true portraits in a studio or weddings as your main subject matter etc the FF cameras are better, but marginally and the 7D will get it done.

The room I am in is over $5k/night during F1. Of course I can see the track out my window. Might make it one of the $10k+ rooms. I am only on the 21st floor too.

They ever Fuck up and send you there durring F1?

Happy Birthday Matt!

Sorry I missed it.

They ever Fuck up and send you there durring F1?

Problem is I send myself. If I fuck that up, I'll get hung. Being in charge of sales no one sets my schedule for anything outside of a yearly meeting, a midyear, and occasionally the CEO in Germany when i have to go there....which of course is not next week but the following.

Seriously, the 7Dii is the most versatile, and IMO single best camera on the market short of the 1dx kind of cameras.

If you had to have just one body, that is THE body.

If you do true portraits in a studio or weddings as your main subject matter etc the FF cameras are better, but marginally and the 7D will get it done.

The 70d is a better buy though. Unless you REALLY need the fps. Noise performance is similar. Autofocus may be better, but I might be old school in using a single point to control my focus. I probably should trust the camera more but I've never been able to before and regularly shoot things that aren't moving or that I want to really focus on which makes 1 pt better.

Bang for the buck the 70d is the winner out of any brand IMO. Not even close.

Bang for buck I completely agree.

Does it have weather proofing?

Also, the joystick Sean... If you got to try it, it changes your focus game so much.

The 7Dii is pro level and has those extra touches. The 70D has 90%, plus better video skills.

If you took pics of fast moving objects at a distance the 7D is much better.

I would still take the 70D and better glass though.

Speaking of, that 70-200is ii is a god amongst other lenses.

Such a killer white pimp of a lens.

I try to use 1 point myself, but at an event the speed where you dynamically change your manually selected focus point is amazing.

It's the difference in me having that fire jugglers face in perfect focus or having his ear. When chasing a dynamic target and using one point it becomes a game of closest to perfect not perfect.

Love that track!

Hope I get some good sleep tonight,13 hour work day..Woke up about 20 times last night probably in the few hours I slept,only one was explainable for awaking...Had a dream I was doing some muff diving woke up with a wet pillow and the taste of fabric softener and dryer sheets in my mouth..:( So I had to get up and brush my teeth,shits crazy took me like 20 minutes to go back to sleep after I laid back down...And woke up like ever 15 minutes or so after that till the alarm clock went off :huh2:

Woke up at 12:30am in agony, got a real painful injection, went to work, hiked a few miles for a photo shoot,and just got home.

20 hour day myself.

Sux bro!

Bah. Its ok. Had a good birthday.

Happy B-day bro!!!

Seriously, the 7Dii is the most versatile, and IMO single best camera on the market short of the 1dx kind of cameras.If you had to have just one body, that is THE body.If you do true portraits in a studio or weddings as your main subject matter etc the FF cameras are better, but marginally and the 7D will get it done.

The 70d is a better buy though. Unless you REALLY need the fps. Noise performance is similar. Autofocus may be better, but I might be old school in using a single point to control my focus. I probably should trust the camera more but I've never been able to before and regularly shoot things that aren't moving or that I want to really focus on which makes 1 pt better.

One hell of a camera.

I do know from talking to friend who cover the same mediums this is a huge step up from the d700, and I know for using one, that the d700 runs laps around the d3000 I have now.

J

New glass is next.

J

Also, I have played with the cannon, but I just find Nikon to be more fitting for me. I like Nikon, and the amount of info out there as well as options with them is amazing.

J

Not talking shit, but the Canon community is probably more powerful for info.

Stick with what you like/want.Both are awesome. People shoot with both and have great pics.

Canon has a better line up right now, but that can change fast.

The Canon community is a powerful one, and very knowledgeable. I know a few VERY accomplished photogs who swear by Canon. I also know that they have become the 'Apple' of the camera world. Everybody who loves them swears by them and sees anything else as a paper weight. You and Sean are two exceptions to that rule.

And by line up I mean camera body and lens total package.

If I were a concert photog, I wouldn't pick anything but the 7Dmkii.

That fucker is a damn BEAST!

I have not used one. Next time I stop and look more in person I will check it out.

J

I'm pretty sure that one huge flaw in your analogy is that Canon does not price their devices at 40% more for the same hardware like Apple does. That's the problem with Apple IMO

I fucking love my apple watch.

I don't need my TV anymore!

The release of the 7Dii also made the value of used 7D's drop like a sack of potatoes. So much so that even my broke ass could afford one.

The release of the 7Dii also made the value of used 7D's drop like a sack of potatoes. So much so that even my broke ass could afford one.

I'm hoping that happens to the 5Dmkiii when the 5DsR hits. But then again I'll probably get suckered into the big dog myself.

:-)

Hoping to have my Town Car 100% by thw weekend.  All wires are run, just time to fabricate.

I got a email today that windows 10 upgrage will include "xbox on your pc". Anybody right of hand have any info on this?

Left welding class early, and canceled work today, Ive had to use the bathroom at least 20x and vomited twice, i feel like shit and the last time all that came up was the liquids I was drinking. I havent ate anything all day and have took quite a few naps. Any suggestions for feeling better?

Pussy and lots of it.

Interior is back in the Town Car.  No more smoky smell, nice clean soft leather.  All I have left is to cover the panels, install the equipment and I'm done.  YAY!

Left welding class early, and canceled work today, Ive had to use the bathroom at least 20x and vomited twice, i feel like shit and the last time all that came up was the liquids I was drinking. I havent ate anything all day and have took quite a few naps. Any suggestions for feeling better?

Rest,beer,pussy.. then beer,pussy and more rest...Then beer,pussy and hot wings, after that some mega plus Charmin ultra soft pack..smile.png

Get well soon!