Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I don't mean to be an asshole, and I certainly take risks, but not wearing a seatbelt? I don't get it.

Neither do I, but there is going to be a lot more coming as the investigation concludes. 

Thanks guys, I will let her know your kind words. We are getting ready to have a vigil tonight for them. Here is news link.

http://wnep.com/2015/05/16/two-teens-killed-in-crash-in-clinton-county/

That is sad man..I am sorry to hear that brother.

Thanks guys, I will let her know your kind words. We are getting ready to have a vigil tonight for them. Here is news link.

http://wnep.com/2015/05/16/two-teens-killed-in-crash-in-clinton-county/

Sorry to hear Neal. While it is tragic that she is learning to deal with such a close loss so young, she will ultimately be able to help others in the future if they have to go through similar things. If we can help, don't hesitate to reach out.

J

Thanks guys.

Man the hail storm really hit our area a lot more than I thought.

$21K in damages to the house.

$4K in damages to the truck

Totaled the car

So now we are really in the market for a new (to us) vehicle.

Our absolute top dollar is $20K sell price. This will keep us in the budget for taxes, etc....

We went car shopping today. Our wants are as follows.

2012+ - This is based on mostly an age/mileage ratio. That and a lot of vehicles we like have made major strides in the last few years.

Leather - We have dogs and it's nice to have one area that won't pick up hair like crazy.

25+ MPG Highway (preferred) - This will be our trip vehicle. I want to be able to get 25+ on the highway when I drive pretty much how I want.

200+ HP (my dream)

We ended up driving a new Santa Fe, used Escape, new Rav 4 and new CRV.

(new = high end features)

We liked the Santa Fe and price of the Escapes (that we see online). The Santa Fe's 2.4L is okay, we didn't drive the 2.0T, though I'm sure I would love it. My wife really like the RAV 4, but we were also in the top tier interior package and I think that helped.

I wanted to see if you guys had any comments on the Santa Fe or Escape. Also, is there anything that you would look at in our price range?

Sadness seems to have filled my daughter's senior class. Around 3 am this morning one of her best friends and boyfriend were killed in a car accident. I was lucky enough to know this young lady and she spent many weekends with us over the years. While death is tragic and I feel so very sorry for the parents I am so thankful my daughter choose to come home last night after the ball rather than go out with her friends. 

So sorry to hear that. Prayers to their family and yours. I always thought I was okay with death, but experiencing it closely has changed me forever. I hope that she is able to take it well.

Thank you.

Hey Sean...

19533E0B-0D7E-416D-9809-DD16CAAF9EF9_zps

BAM!

This came into the shop today. 6" lift and 305/35R24.

What the pucking fuck???

Totaled the car

Our absolute top dollar is $20K sell price. This will keep us in the budget for taxes, etc....

2012+ - This is based on mostly an age/mileage ratio. That and a lot of vehicles we like have made major strides in the last few years.

Leather - We have dogs and it's nice to have one area that won't pick up hair like crazy.

25+ MPG Highway (preferred) - This will be our trip vehicle. I want to be able to get 25+ on the highway when I drive pretty much how I want.

200+ HP (my dream)

We liked the Santa Fe and price of the Escapes (that we see online). The Santa Fe's 2.4L is okay, we didn't drive the 2.0T, though I'm sure I would love it. My wife really like the RAV 4, but we were also in the top tier interior package and I think that helped.

I wanted to see if you guys had any comments on the Santa Fe or Escape. Also, is there anything that you would look at in our price range?

I vote for whatever is NOT a ford.

Totaled the car

200+ HP (my dream)

I vote for whatever is NOT a ford.
Are you looking to buy a van,suv,pickup or car?

Hey Sean...

19533E0B-0D7E-416D-9809-DD16CAAF9EF9_zps

BAM!

This came into the shop today. 6" lift and 305/35R24.

What the fucking fuck???

Lol, if your going to lift a truck like that put some fuckin mud tires on it with not so big of wheels.

Ahhh...thats my kind of lifted suv, only need a forklift to get in the fucker14732b333782f95f9216d63987c2cb42_zpsdasd

Totaled the car

200+ HP (my dream)

V6 3 series with CPO.

We just got one for $20k.

Edited by dem beats

Our is absolutely loaded though with xDrive and a 2011 I believe. Still has factory warranty covering maintenance and a full CPO.

And that V6 is boss as Fuck. Well over 200hp.

Totaled the car

200+ HP (my dream)

I'd throw the year out the window. Instead focus on what you need.

As for your 25mpg, none of your choices reach that. Keeping dreaming if you think you will in a non-diesel sport ute.

The CRV is a POS, the RAV4 a boring dyke car, the Escape REALLY overpriced (not sure how you found a new body style for $20k, we priced one out above 40 new), and the Sante Fe is the best buy in that bunch.

Wish there was a BM'er I could recommend, but the days of recommending German cars is over for me I think.

All that being said, the X1 may work. The Volvo XC60, Cadillac SRX, Mazda CX-5.

I think the Mazda is horribly boring on the interior, but it is better than some of your list so.

The Nissan Juke, Rogue, Murano are all cheap enough along with the Subaru Forester, Mitsubishi Outlander & VW Tiguan.

I personally would look at higher end things with more mileage though than lower end with less. Bang for the buck and long term ownership is how I'd also measure cost which I am not sure your categories work for.

Totaled the car

200+ HP (my dream)

V6 3 series with CPO.

We just got one for $20k.

Liar. No fucking way you did. Absolutely not possible.

Of course that is because there is no V6 version.

I'd second the 3 series. Unless you are starting to pop off babies fuck the SUV.

G37

Also better than everything on the list by MILES

If you have no use for a sport ute they are a serious fucking waste. I wish like hell I didn't need one.

Speaking of lifts among all the sadness in this house I went out and raised the front end of the 4runner to 1.75" over stock. I love the look and happy with the ride, so no more playing with the suspension. Now I have to get the alignment checked.

I'd second the 3 series. Unless you are starting to pop off babies fuck the SUV.

SUV is a for sure. No human babies yet, but we have 2 60lb+ pups and we want to buy something that does have room for the human kiddo in about 1.5-2 years.

I'll have to re-look at those vehicles. I think the SRX may be too small for us. I thought the CX5 was, but after looking at some other vehicles yesterday it may not be. The biggest problem I have with the Volvo is that UGLY center console in the years that we can afford. Seriously. a keypad in a car is ridiculous.

The escape is the most affordable car. We can find a HUGE amount of Escapes in the $16K-$20K range.

I love lamb.

Whoever doesn't is retarded.
Guess that makes me 100% retard!
you've just never had it prepared worth a shit

The escape is the most affordable car. We can find a HUGE amount of Escapes in the $16K-$20K range.

that is the old body style then and a horrible car. The new one is WAY better