Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I will not link the info on the sale on the webz.. Found a National motor....Let me get the votes&opinions what you would give max 85 national motor 3.8 turbo stock..Complete motor nothing else no tranny...69,000 miles..

Help me make a offer on this thanks..smile.png

Michael

$5. Dumb way to go fast
Negative brother!! The originality is whats most important...One of the fastest cars I have rode in was a GNX..

Originality? How is that anywhere near original? Camaro never came with a turbo 6. The GNX was a single turbo. Originality is already gone.

Nothing else like it around...Not your ordinary build.
So it's like building a bandpass.

Hey IHOP. What's flippin?

Heyoh! How it goes?

good bud how are you.

Sean. Thanks

Not to bad. Went though a break up. Bought a house. Changed jobs.

Now getting back into the Grove of things

I remember hearing a little bit a while back, glad things are going well now, congrats on the house! I'm doing pretty good. :)

I will not link the info on the sale on the webz.. Found a National motor....Let me get the votes&opinions what you would give max 85 national motor 3.8 turbo stock..Complete motor nothing else no tranny...69,000 miles..

Help me make a offer on this thanks..smile.png

Michael

$5. Dumb way to go fast

Negative brother!! The originality is whats most important...One of the fastest cars I have rode in was a GNX..

Originality? How is that anywhere near original? Camaro never came with a turbo 6. The GNX was a single turbo. Originality is already gone.

Nothing else like it around...Not your ordinary build.

So it's like building a bandpass.

I FUCKING LOVE ME SOME BP!!!

Here's what my V8 controller looks like. Not done, but a teaser anyway.

Monitor_zpsxrnknb6o.jpg

Thanks guys. I still have some winter clean up to do, but my daughter has been driving it a lot so I am holding off till school is out.

Clean and paint the frame, skid plated, and brake calipers. Then polish the headlights, buff the paint, and finally finish the install.

I really need to spend a day detailing the Tundra. She needs claybared and waxed in the worst way.

J

Come on now. . Clay, cleaner, polish, wax, wax, glaze.

Considering I have never been shown how to do ANY of those things properly, that will be a stretch.

J

Here's what my V8 controller looks like. Not done, but a teaser anyway.Monitor_zpsxrnknb6o.jpg

Looks really nice Sean.

J

Thanks. For being simple it sure was a bitch.

I also realize I should have added a manual power button as well. Would be nice to turn on only the computer. Easy enough to add though. SUPER glad I added an extra volume control. Mounted VERY temporarily right now.

13 usb devices makes a wiring nightmare.

Of course I wired the minidsp to turn on with the car, not the computer. Same with the amps. That was probably a mistake.

One wire to switch though.

I should probably do sub/s

Actually the simplicity of the install is what makes it look so damn nice.

How does it do with sunglare? Is the screen dimable?

J

13 usb devices makes a wiring nightmare.

Wires up 4 500 pair telephone cables, then you will know the bitch of wiring LOL.

J

Actually the simplicity of the install is what makes it look so damn nice.

How does it do with sunglare? Is the screen dimable?

J

Screen is dimmable, not quite bright enough sad.png

This is what she looks like now.

DSC04166.jpg

:woot:

Put 150 miles on the radiator repair. No leaks. When I removed the fan shroud I found the actual crack, which was sealed with silicone, don't know how it held up to now. 

Also, don't know why one of the pads is not sitting right. The rotors had a coating on them and I can see that 3 of 4 tread on the rotor perfectly. One of them is not right. I need to take the wheel off and investigate. 

Had to do an emergency brake and do some spirited mountain driving yesterday. The new brakes are nice :D

Since the $1 hood release for the Miata needed company on the shipping from Germany to here, I thought I'll just buy the trans cooler. But the seller also had the cruise control buttons for $5 (mine are a bit faded), so why not buy them too? :lol: 

Just bid $1 on a starter motor for the Jeep. If I win that I'd have to buy a cheap cluster from the UK so the starter motor won't feel lonely and I can then change the lens on my cluster. 

And I need to take pics of the other caliper I have left, with the chipped pistons, maybe I find a soul which wants it cheap, to recoup some more money from the brake swap. 

Saturday I changed the drive gear on the starter motor. 1 Jeep mechanic (friend who always helps me with parts) and 2 electricians said the drive gear is impossible to find. Found it! Changed it! Much easier to remove the starter motor in 70* weather compared to 0*. 

Bodywork guy has not started on the car yet. I'll call him today, if he doesn't get started by Friday, I'm taking the car back. This is unacceptable. He tells me to bring it to him before May 1st, so he can start, now it's May 20th and still no work done. Plus some excuses that he can't get epoxy primer. 

Here's what my V8 controller looks like. Not done, but a teaser anyway.

Monitor_zpsxrnknb6o.jpg

That looks really awesome.