Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Awesome, getting them mounted and balanced tomorrow?

need to order tires, the wheels came a week early and i cant drive the truck right now anyway

huh2.gif

Got an email from my dealership to bring in my truck for a 'top dollar offer' as it is 'in high demand'. I need an oil change in the next week or two anyways, so I'll humor myself and see what they offer. Granted unless they have something there that is better than the Tundra I have now and has the extended warantee included like mine does (through Toyota), I don't see myself letting it go. I don't want a car, and the only thing I would consider truck wise is a diesel, a bigger pickup, or a large SUV.

J

What a day.

Truck's tranny is meh, so I had my BIL loan me his F250 Diesel to tow my boat back.

Got home - waxed it from the rub rail down. I'll do the rest on the water, lol.

Launched boat, drove it to my slip.

Neighbors boat in slip. Temp tied my boat, moved his boat, then proceeded to FALL right through the dock. Lost a Chaco sandal, got a wicked abrasion, and then had to fix the dock.

Tied up my boat.

Came back to the house, did a quick detail on my BIL's truck. Was a HUGE mess. He's a dairy farmer, he's going to shit. You can eat off any part of it now smile.png

Quick shower and dinner and then back to Albany to return the truck. 90mi or so each way.

When I get home tonigh I am going to crash.

Got an email from my dealership to bring in my truck for a 'top dollar offer' as it is 'in high demand'. I need an oil change in the next week or two anyways, so I'll humor myself and see what they offer. Granted unless they have something there that is better than the Tundra I have now and has the extended warantee included like mine does (through Toyota), I don't see myself letting it go. I don't want a car, and the only thing I would consider truck wise is a diesel, a bigger pickup, or a large SUV.

J

Warantee huh2.gif

http://www.dumbtionary.com/word/warantee.shtml

Oh and woot.gif

20150606_120446_zpsr3fz4mdq.jpg

Boxes look like they threw them off the truck in your driveway...smile.png

What a day.

Truck's tranny is meh, so I had my BIL loan me his F250 Diesel to tow my boat back.

Neighbors boat in slip. Temp tied my boat, moved his boat, then proceeded to FALL right through the dock. Lost a Chaco sandal, got a wicked abrasion, and then had to fix the dock.

Tied up my boat.

Came back to the house, did a quick detail on my BIL's truck. Was a HUGE mess. He's a dairy farmer, he's going to shit. You can eat off any part of it now smile.png

Quick shower and dinner and then back to Albany to return the truck. 90mi or so each way.

You ok?

Just put the half rack together. Bout to assemble the bench and accessories.

I hope I'm buying more weights in a month or 2...

:-)

Nice. Would love to get a rack for at the house

Oh and woot.gif

I think that is sean who stacked them like that mike

J

Warantee huh2.gif

Realee?

Cool. What year?

I just put my first engine in a newer Hyundai last week. They are super reliable. This particular Hyundai (2011 Sonata 2.4 GDI) had 100K on it but had come in to my shop 3 weeks prior making noise on startup. He had ~1qt of oil in it and he was 18,000 miles past due on his oil change, so no fears for you.

It's a 2013 *Goes and hides from Sean*

From what I've seen redesigns tend to have more recalls (though it's normally small), but when it comes to overall complaints about a vehicle there isn't anything statistically that indicates the redesigns have more complaints than the previous years. Additionally, the car has been driven for over a year so it's not going to have infancy failures at this point

Glad to hear that you feel that way about the car.. I found out that Hyundai is an industry leader in loyalty, which I found very surprising. A guy at work has the same 2013 with the same options and he has driven the crap out of it with no issues.

What a day.

Tied up my boat.

You ok?

All good, productive albeit annoying day.

Got stuck in hell rain for a bunch of the drive and lake traffic 3x today.

It is the laundry list of engineering changes between year 1 and 2 that scare me. They don't always surface as things that "cost" you.

Oh and woot.gif

I think that is sean who stacked them like that mike

Indeed, my cart.

J

Warantee :huh2:

Realee?

Eh it's a valid point. I tend to misspell certain words. That word is one of them.

J

What a day.Truck's tranny is meh, so I had my BIL loan me his F250 Diesel to tow my boat back.Got home - waxed it from the rub rail down. I'll do the rest on the water, lol.Launched boat, drove it to my slip.Neighbors boat in slip. Temp tied my boat, moved his boat, then proceeded to FALL right through the dock. Lost a Chaco sandal, got a wicked abrasion, and then had to fix the dock.Tied up my boat.Came back to the house, did a quick detail on my BIL's truck. Was a HUGE mess. He's a dairy farmer, he's going to shit. You can eat off any part of it now :)Quick shower and dinner and then back to Albany to return the truck. 90mi or so each way.When I get home tonigh I am going to crash.

You ok?
All good, productive albeit annoying day.Got stuck in hell rain for a bunch of the drive and lake traffic 3x today.

I busted open two toes at the auction Saturday. Minor, but protecting toe cuts is a bitch. Thank god for a shit ton of anthrax vaccines as well as tetanus shots too.

J

J

Realee?

Eh it's a valid point. I tend to misspell certain words. That word is one of them.

J

Lol...just picking bro..I do the same thing.

J

Realee?

Foshizzle..

I forgot how much fun painting is...

I hate fucking painting,cutting in really sux!

My mom did my cut in without tape, she's damn good at it. I was rolling the walls and the paint wet looks the same color as the current wall color so it really made it a pain to tell if you're getting good coverage. Sure enough, after it dried and darkened up I could see white spots where the paint didn't get into the texture. The roller I was using was cheap and didn't have long enough fibers on it so it was pretty much just rolling across the surface of the texture. I had to re-roll 3 walls and I was pretty pissed after that, but it looks great now with 100% coverage. Learning experience for sure, the last time I painted was 2005...

Edited by ILuvJDM

My mom did my cut in without tape, she's damn good at it. I was rolling the walls and the paint wet looks the same color as the current wall color so it really made it a pain to tell if you're getting good coverage. Sure enough, after it dried and darkened up I could see white spots where the paint didn't get into the texture. The roller I was using was cheap and didn't have long enough fibers on it so it was pretty much just rolling across the surface of the texture. I had to re-roll 3 walls and I was pretty pissed after that, but it looks great now with 100% coverage. Learning experience for sure, the last time I painted was 2005...

What kind of base and brand of paint you using?

Quality of the paint supplies makes all the difference