Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

One more drain and refill on the 4runner transmission and I am done for another 95k.

I hope I can keep here nice and almost new too 200K.

There are a lot of vehicles that will go 200k if you take good care of them.

I have 3 with over 200,000. 2 Buicks with ~225 apiece, and a 94 Nissan D21 with 360,000.

The truck is remarkable... 3 sets of brakes, 3 tune ups, a clutch at 300K, a starter just a couple months ago, a 10 year old battery, and belts. I spend pennies a year on it, and drive it all the time. It needs paint and a few seals, which it may get shortly, but it is the best vehicle I can recall in my years of fixing cars. It's ridiculous.

Nissan's will go for ever it seems...They are good little cars and truck for "lifespan wise" if well maintained..I have also seen them last for a great bit non-maintained.

HD600s should be here tomorrow... Excitement building.

382.gif

382.gif

LOL!

Looks like we will be heading for a trip around lake Seneca tomorrow so the wife can stock up on wine. 

I miss the finger lakes.

At least the falls will not be frozen this trip.

382.gif

LOL!

The good news and the gif are amazing.

Question for you guys that might do audio installs on the side. I have a co-worker who wants me to do a full audio install in his 03-06 GMC extended cab truck. I know these trucks very well and told him I could put him together a great sounding setup for way cheaper than the local "custom shop" that quoted $4500-$5000. My work would include: big 3, sound deadening and sealing doors, head unit with steering control harness, component install with tweets in the a pillars, subwoofer install and dual amps with all wiring. Everything would be soldered, heat shrinked, techflex wrapped and mounted solid. What is a good price for install? It will probably take me a full weekend to do it right with my level of OCD and how neat I like my stuff to be. I was thinking $500-$750 lump sum price. FYI, I make about $33/hr at my job for comparison of what my time is worth.

Edited by ILuvJDM

Keep in mind you are liable for whatever happens afterward. If that truck starts on fire due to any little install issue, it's on you.

Liability is what prevents me from doing that. Well, aside from having no time.

I'd charge time and materials.

Got to get back on my bata blockers I guess,starting to have them funny little sharp pains in my chest again at work today..maybe stress Idk..

Got to get back on my bata blockers I guess,starting to have them funny little sharp pains in my chest again at work today..maybe stress Idk..

How long did you take those beta blockers?

What is the name of them?

Edited by pmureika

Keep in mind you are liable for whatever happens afterward. If that truck starts on fire due to any little install issue, it's on you.

Should I have him sign a waiver or something or just stay away all together?

Atenonal 50 mg I have been taking them for about 6 months now and stoped maybe a week and a 1/2 or so. I just forgot to take them a couple of nights and said to hell with it I felt fine..now I dred the first few days for it to get back in my system

Atenonal 50 mg I have been taking them for about 6 months now and stoped maybe a week and a 1/2 or so. I just forgot to take them a couple of nights and said to hell with it I felt fine..now I dred the first few days for it to get back in my system

You are not supposed to stop beta blockers all of a sudden. They can causes heart problems. You need to ween off of them slowly.

Talk to your Dr.

You post some dumb shit, but that's probably the worst.

huh2.gif

huh2.gif

But it's the truth. Talk to your doctor, I know I have been on the shit for 30 years.:)

huh2.gif

But it's the truth. Talk to your doctor, I know I have been on the shit for 30 years.smile.png

I am going to start it back tonight that is when I take them and by bp meds in the morning when I wake up.

I really can't answer that for you.

Sign a waiver, then answer.

Sign a waiver, then answer.

Will you answer a question for me seth?

Sign a waiver.

Sign a waiver.

Do you still you luv me? And miss the knowledge that I used to contribute huh2.gif

Of course. What knowledge again?

Sign a waiver.

Do you still you luv me? And miss the knowledge that I used to contribute huh2.gif

Did you stop taking Lithium?

DSCN3287_zpsmhjeibf6.jpg

First impressions coming soon. I put the 6p6ps back in the amp for my first session since they are broken in already.

I also have an amusing impression from my son (part of the Beats by Dre generation) that will make a true audiophile chuckle...

As I type this, I can hear Sarah McLaghlin's foot depressing and lifting off the pedal of her piano in the piano version of Posession...

Gonna make a snack and will post in a bit.