Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Nice saw Matt! When did you get that? I have an old 40+ year old Stihl that was my grandfathers. Still runs like a damn champ. That saw will treat you well for a long time.

When I got the Stihl blower (BR600) and the whip (fs90) I got a Stihl 362.... Slept on it, and decided I need/wanted more saw. Limbing sucks dick with a shorter bar. I went in to get a 441 or 461, but they didn't have the 441. So I picked up the 461 and the 661 and couldn't feel any weight difference. Longer bar capable, more power, bigger dogs, and garunteed to make my balls drop more... so I came home with the 661 for only $100 more than one of the 4xx saws.

So happy. Not fun to cut shoulder height limbs, but when I start bucking it will be fanfuckingtastic. Felling, ground limbing, and bucking will be 99.999999% of what I do so I'm fucking amped.

My shoulders and upper back are on fire tonight however.

:-)

Out of shape. More dead lifts are in order I think.

Sweet. Great acquisition.

Just deadlift that hoss of a saw.

Yeah. Some of that shoulder level limbing was intense.

Plenty of breaks.

Seth try and stay out of trouble with that baby.

Going to do something similar in my yard, but lol it is so thick with trees you can't see through it. Just want to make it more natural and less overgrown. Need the family hor to come out and tell me what to do.

Are they an arborist? I know 3 master gardeners, a few full time landscape people in my family, and all of them really admitted to not having the right info to make recommendations when it comes to trees. From what I can tell, it's best to find someone who specializes in trees. I have had 2 recommendations to call Rainbow arborists.

I'll cut any simple trees down when you get the info though. I'm all jazzed up to feed the saw more. Tomorrow I will probably be less jazzed and more sore and sorry. lol

You've seen my yard.  Mostly wondering what little stuff should be removed and how to trim what.

Holy shit those are fast

And reasonable.  Are parts easily sourced?  I am sure I'd CRASH

Going to do something similar in my yard, but lol it is so thick with trees you can't see through it. Just want to make it more natural and less overgrown. Need the family hor to come out and tell me what to do.

Are they an arborist? I know 3 master gardeners, a few full time landscape people in my family, and all of them really admitted to not having the right info to make recommendations when it comes to trees. From what I can tell, it's best to find someone who specializes in trees. I have had 2 recommendations to call Rainbow arborists.

I'll cut any simple trees down when you get the info though. I'm all jazzed up to feed the saw more. Tomorrow I will probably be less jazzed and more sore and sorry. lol

You've seen my yard. Mostly wondering what little stuff should be removed and how to trim what.

If a tree is choking other trees or actually sick, then it's time to go. Unless you want it removed for aesthetics. In that picture I have of the dead pine you can see the other 2 behind it were crowded. I might cut those too if I want to put up some more decorative trees. When working for the state and the city we would occasionally have to thin some wooded areas to help the other trees flourish too. Usually it was an obvious tree choking others or being choked out though. Sometimes it would be just plain dead though..

That oak is sick though. I don't particularly like it where it is, but it's getting to the point where if it's really sick it needs to go before it hurts other trees. I'm glad to get that part of my yard back too. If it was flourishing I wouldn't be felling it.

Officially a 501st member!

Awesome!

Holy shit those are fast

And reasonable.  Are parts easily sourced?  I am sure I'd CRASH

Yep, super easy to find. You can grab a kit you assemble for ~160 (does not include radio, battery, charger, and a bunch of other stuff, but does include hard parts), or buy individual parts from multiple stateside vendors. Some vendors also offer crash insurance, with a $50-75 deductible.

The 250 race quads are really gaining popularity because they are so cheap to build, and being so small they are more sturdy. Walkera has been early in the game offering the assembly.

A couple parts sources for pricing. The first is the main distributor for Walkera in the US, the second is fairly local (ie super fast) for me.

http://www.iuasinc.com/runner-250/

http://carolinadronz.com/collections/all/runner-250

Holy shit those are fast

I know. Once you get past the guys in the video and really watch the Runner fly, it is crazy.

I initially ordered the unit without the OSD. I got an e-mail really fast that they have the one with OSD in stock, but not the one without. They would fufil the order, but it would be a couple weeks before shipment. For $20 more they will ship the unit W/OSD next day. I will be needing the OSD eventually (need to learn to fly it line of sight before flying FPV), so I paid the extra $20

Congrats, Broseph!

Woot!!! Got some storms coming in gonna be a good day today!

Congrats sir. I've seen some awesome things they've done.

Congrats.

Awesome!

Congrats, Broseph!

Congrats sir. I've seen some awesome things they've done.

Congrats.

Thanks guys. Can't wait till I have full armor and get to be official.

Way to go Neal! Who you gonna be?

Way to go Neal! Who you gonna be?

Thanks Ryan, I want to be a Storm Trooper and Sand Trooper to start and also build a Mandalorian costume over time.

It seems my evolution in hobbies is about giving in one way or another.  

Evolution is awesome!

Do you believe in evolution or the big bang? Speaking of.

I believe in the big bang. Thats why I have 40 kids.

??

http://www.curioustech.net/xport.html

I need a port splitter for Win 8 so I can use one GPS antenna (com port) with 2 apps.  Find this one and it says it is built into windows 8, but I can't find it in WIn 8.  WTF!!

Watching fresh prince of belair on Netflix. Life could not get any better. Still just as funny as when it was made.

Finally we had some rain!!smile.png Another nice chunk heading this way,will give what little few things I have left in the garden a good drink.

Rain rain rain!!!!! Love it!!!

I am finding my tolerance for others who use me as a target to take their outside frustrations out on because I am near and nice to them, is growing extremely low.